Have Rockstar overdone it?

Chris

I was thinking to myself about the sheer enormity of San Andreas today. When it struck me. What if Rockstar have overdone it, what if all this extra stuff messes up the gameplay.

See I was thinking about some of the 'less-needed' features that have been added which might actually be a bit of a nuisance.

Like Eating: I think this a great idea and it has never been achieved in a game before, it seems incomprehensible to eat to stay a live in a game. But I am concerned that could this become too much of an annoyance as opposed to a cool feature, will it disrupt gameplay and prevent us from doing what we want.

The Countryside: Countryside would have been a great addition to both GTA3 and VC, but does San Andreas have too much, couldn't they have done something else with all the extra space, a lot of people are going to get lost out there.

Now I'm sure that Rockstar will pull this off, they are an outstanding company and Grand Theft Auto has a genre all of its own, it's just a couple of little concerns I have. I'm sure you guys have concerns about certain aspects of the game too.

The Countryside: Countryside would have been a great addition to both GTA3 and VC, but does San Andreas have too much, couldn't they have done something else with all the extra space, a lot of people are going to get lost out there.

No no no! :lolbounce:

The countryside is the greatest ever idea for a GTA game EVER!!

When the first ever GTA game came out I was dreaming of a 3D version based on the whole world. Well were not there yet but by god this is a great step.

Imagine your driving through the wilderness and come across a little town and think "I need a bite to eat".

So you stop off at the little burger bar/ranch and grab a quick bite before heading off up Mt. Chiliad for a spot of sight seeing aaaaah...... B)

Hey Chris: I started a poll about this a while back and i sed the exact same thing but y'all dissagreed w/ me.  Ive been sayin this snce i herd about these features

Oh sorry, i don't remember seeing a topic like this, anyway it seems to have caused a good discussion so never mind

a lot of people are going to get lost out there.
I don't think people will get lost because you've got a phone and you can get taxis to places in gtasa

oh and i forgot we have that phone for when we get lost ^_^

3 days? is that 3 of our days? or 3 gta days? cos, if the clock runs the same as it does in vc then one day passes in about half an hour (it's pretty much one minute game time equals one second of real time isn't it?)

so eating every 3 days means it's actually every 3 hours of play time.

but of course, no game time will pass between saving a game and when you load it again.

it does mean that i won't be able to start playing the game, then just leave the guy sitting there in a car with the radio playing for hours while i make food or mess with the computer or whatever.

the siz and all the costumization may be pushing the PS2 to its limits, like driver2 did to the Playstation. which now brings me to the PS3,

the PS3 will proberbly take anything it erm "reads" and produce ultra fine graphics every time.

So I think rockstar is only warming up, which means more great game for the future!!!

GTA forever!!!

PS3 will rule like PS2 did!!! Playstation forever!!!

I'm fine with the countryside, i think it will prove to be a really awesome idea, but the eating/weight/stamina system is going sounds a bit farfetched. I hope all of these stats won't be so systematic and eating and stuff and will feel natural. Not just work out for a minute and *ding* u are suddenly buffer.