Should fur be banned outright?

Bear

The fur trade  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with the fur trade?

• Yes
    • No
    • Dont know
  2. 2. Do you know what happens to the animals in the fur trade?

• Yes and I agree with it
    • Yes and I think its appalling
    • No but I dont care what happens to the animals
    • No but Im sure its horrible.
  3. 3. Should the fur trade be banned?

• Yes
    • No
    • Dont know

Well, There are humans who cant see, move, talk. The list can be long

Cant we make clothes of them? :)

--

Well, you get my point. I dont think its worth killing animals for some other reason than food.

But just kill them, Take their skin and then throw them into the dumpster is nothing more then stupid.

If people want to wear it, it's their decision.

I personally don't. Fur is ok but there are better cheaper things. And leather? That shit gets way too hot too quickly in the summer.

My argument was mainly about eating these animals because they can be good for you and they are tasty. But I can't stand these hippies/PETA retards who think they know everything about everything and can tell everyone what they can/can't eat.

BTW petitions to ban the fur trade that are started/signed by hippies are useless. You are a hippy. You don't shop from the fur retailer/skinner. So you boycott it. What changed? They don't lose the business from you that you didn't give them anyway. Petitions only work when the company provides good/services you do use and will stop using if they don't do a certain things.

Thank you Godfather.

We all need to appreciate animals and treat them with respect. People who think animal cruelty is just should have exactly what they think is right done to them and then see how thye think about it then. Because as shocking as this may seem: animals feel pain too.

We all need to appreciate animals and treat them with respect. People who think animal cruelty is just should have exactly what they think is right done to them and then see how thye think about it then. Because as shocking as this may seem: animals feel pain too.

That was the best ive read on a long time. :clapping:

Thank you Godfather.

I'm not saying killing/abusing animals is just. But do I respect animals? Hell no. Why should I? They're good eats, if that's respectful.

And I can eat anything lower than me if it's legal. Don't like it? Tough. That's the way the world is.

I'm not discussing this anymore.

Thank you Godfather.

I'm not saying killing/abusing animals is just. But do I respect animals? Hell no. Why should I? They're good eats, if that's respectful.

And I can eat anything lower than me if it's legal. Don't like it? Tough. That's the way the world is.

I'm not discussing this anymore.

You are a disrespectful ass, you dont know how much you owe animals. Some of the best medicne comes from their venom. Why should you respect animals because with an attiude like yours is what gonna destroy this earth. Why should I respect the Earth and animals? Because they are what is keeping this pklanet running. Has anyone noticed that for the past few hundred million years when it was animals that earth was perefect but for the past few centuaries humans the "superior" species what ahve they done? They DESTROYING the Earth! Well done humans you ahve mangaged to destroy 4 billion years worth of the enviroment and evolution in two centuaries.

You jsut think about your stomach and you dont appreciate where your food comes from. These animals are keeping you healthy and alive. So you should givce them respect!

Im on chris82's side, you bunch of tree hugging shits. Ok bear, so humanity is destroying the earth? Sorry friend, but I believe that you are a human as well? Ok, bear, seeing as you don't want to destroy the earth, quickly unplug and destroy your PC right now. Your PC is being fueled by earth destroying materials. And don't forget to go and live in the forest, your house is being heated, water provided, etc by earth destroying materials. I saw your pics, you have glasses right? Destroy them. The factories that made your frames was powered by earth destroying materials. Take off all your clothes too, the farmers ddin't ask the sheeps if they could have thier wool!

I think we went from saying opinions to forcing / argueing with them. I don't think JUST skinning the animals for skin is right, but hey. I'm never gonna be able to change that, nor do I want to. And who cares if they can't do mathmatical calculations? They're simply what they are, and we are what we are.

Pretty much, most humans are going to do as they please. Kind of like how livestock is injected with steroids to put out more of them to be able to feed everyone. Don't like it, yet I eat it anyway.. for the reason Chris82 said -- it's good.

... Anyways, if the whole animal is going to be used, I don't care.. but just for the skin.. eh, I find that pretty bad.

Just tell me why we shall torture animals. Give me a good reason and after that ill stfu

We arn't torturing animals. When we kill an animal for its food, etc we kill it with a quick and painless meathod, like a bullet or a shock.

Yeah because being shocked and then even if your dead or not, being pinned up and then being skinned alive isnt painless <_<

Or

Being strapped upside down and being dragged across and assembly line, missing the knife to slit your throat and then being plunged into burning water isnt painful either.

So thats painless, ok then Im a polar bear.

Ok then so with all the reason you have said I should be able to skin stupid people and wear them as they dont matter as they are stupid. People like you are so selfish and yeah its peoples choice but what about the animals choice?

Why, yes, actually. I believe you SHOULD be able to skin idiots. Why? Because that's the philosophy I live my life by. I set my morals and standards. I live by them by MY choice. And if I want to change them at any moment for any reason, I will. No one is going to tell ME what is morally right and wrong.

The animal's choice? Don't make me laugh. The animal doesn't have a choice because as I said they are good and tasty and I'll eat them if I damn well please. I don't need some leftist PETA member telling me not to eat something because they see it as immoral.

Choke.

Amen. I always believe in the food chain. But, considering how this isn't about eating animals, it's entirely irrelevant, really....

f***. PETA. Up it's stupid f***in' OVER-EXTREME ass. My girlfriend is a vegetarian, ex-vegan thinking of converting back, and even SHE said PETA is SHIT. They are a CULT. They tell KIDS TO VANDALISE THINGS, as LONG AS they are "getting the message out". What type of SHIT IS THAT!?

Ok,I ve read and read through everyones opinions on this topic and this is what I have to say.A good percentage (about 90%) of the replies are either completley unedgucated,ingorant, or just completly stereotypical.The fact is everybody on this subject is right and wrong at the same time(ever heard of the concept of good and evil?).Some examples,one of them was ''its ONLY ok if they use all of there parts and not just there fur'' .Do you have any idea how completley obsurd that is! Its like saying its ok to kill a human only if you kill him/her in a peacful non-painful way, ''oh but you cant compare humans and animals'' ,bullshit! what makes a human any more undeserving to die than an animal.......oh,oh I forgot humans are better because we are conscious of our own existence and we have the ability to commit genocide ,thaaaaats why we are better.What Iam really trying to get to is that what we think,our thoughts, our ideas, our beliefs have zero significance in this universe,we only give its significance.When it comes down to it our thoughts are only mere secretions in the brain,electrical impulses.When you say ''its not right to kill animals'' its not reality,where is it written in nature that animals shouldnt be killed(same goes for humanity).As it is right now,I really dont care for this seal matter,nor do I have any reason to care.If it comes to a point where this matter is affecting my livelyhood,then yes,I will start to care.So dont anyone dare tell people what to do or think,it literaly took a lifetime for one to come to a certain belief or conclusion,and for someone to try to unwind all of those beliefs and implement an idea is just pure ignorance and sellfishness.Those people are inadverdantly creating a form of communism.You wanna go save seals? well go ahead and do it,but dont go draging other people into it,or anything living for that matter.

Edited by Timmy Vermicceli