The Goodbye Thread

The Bossman

I never got into Def Comedy Jam, just not my deal.

But Bernie Mac's TV show on Fox was great. In the (second?) episode Child Protective Services got in his face because

of the way he dealt w/ the kids he got stuck raising. I fell in love w/ him instantly as I had a similar problem.

Also liked Issac Hayes.

Rest well & God bless to both.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

My grandma passed away February 7th after suffering a massive stroke on the 6th. I still can't really believe she's gone. This was the first time someone really close to me passed away.

I've been living with her, my grandpap and my dad since mid August since I'm going to CC that's close to their place. I saw her the day before she had the stroke.

I was at work on Friday for a little over an hour and my manager called me up to a section of the store and I figured a guest needed help with something, but when I got up there she told me to clock out and that my brother was waiting outside. As soon as she said that I started to panic and asked her why because she wouldn't just have me leave like that, but she said that I just had to go. So as I was going to clock out and grab my coat I just started to freak out and almost didn't want to go outside because I knew something bad had to have happened. Thoughts of my family members started to rush through my head as I tried thinking of what could have happened to who and it was all just extremely overwhelming. When I walked outside my sister was sitting in the car with my brother standing next to it having a smoke and even though my sister was trying to put on a happy act I still knew something was wrong and started to ask them what was going on.

When they finally got me in the car they told me that my dad called (this is where I started to lose it) and they told me that my grandma suffered a massive stroke. Before they could even finish I was crying like a little baby. I've been dreading this day would come, that a loved one would pass, for so long.

Everyone from my Dad's side of the family was at the hospital about an hour after I was told about it, aside from my cousins over in Europe. They began to leave around 12AM, some stayed till 3AM, but my grandpap, sister (including her boyfriend) and I stayed over night at the hospital. My grandpap slept in a chair next to my grandma and then I was sitting right by him at the foot of her bed. I didn't sleep at all and every time my grandpap fell asleep he woke up really fast because he kept having nightmares that my grandma passed away. I stayed up for over 24 hours straight after not much sleep from the night that I did get sleep.

Around 5PM the day after her stroke we were all sitting around in the hospital room telling stories about my grandma and then my Dad (my grandma's baby boy) noticed that she stopped breathing, but couldn't say anything. When my aunt (first child) noticed my Dad just staring at my grandma, she looked over at her and noticed that she stopped breathing as well. She got up and started to walk around to the other side saying, "Dad, I think mum stopped breathing." My grandpap looked over at her and started to say, "No, no." Then the doctors came in and flashed a light in her eyes yelling, "Nora, Nora!". With no kind of response from my grandma he turned to my grandpap and before even saying anything my grandpap lost it. He leaned over her and started to say, "No, no, no, no." He could barely stand from the shock. It was the worst day of my life.

The funeral was on the 12th, I was a paul bearer, one of the toughest things I had to go through. I miss her so much.

R.I.P. Grandma. :cry:

Stuff like that sucks horribly HB. I had to do a reading at my Grandpa's funeral and it was easily the hardest thing I have ever had to do. It hurt tremendously when he passed but seeing my Grandma at the funeral hurt more than anything :(

Yeah, I hear ya. Seeing my grandpap that way didn't make it any better. I can't imagine what he went through or anyone in that situation.

Seeing him hunched over her after she passed away just got me thinking about how at one point they were just starting their life, their family and now she's gone. It's so depressing.

My grandma and grandpap were inseparable and now that she's gone my grandpap is just lost without her. I try to spend as much time as I can with him so he's not sitting in the living room alone when he would usually be sitting there with my grandma.

How long has it been since your grandpa passed away?

Sincere condolences to you both. The best thing I can offer is that you eventually move on so hang in, every day it

hurts a little less.

I know what you mean about speaking at a funeral for someone close, I spoke at my father's funeral. Somehow I kept

it together & got through it, but I was lousy company the next few days.

Stuff like that sucks horribly HB. I had to do a reading at my Grandpa's funeral and it was easily the hardest thing I have ever had to do. It hurt tremendously when he passed but seeing my Grandma at the funeral hurt more than anything :(

Yeah, I hear ya. Seeing my grandpap that way didn't make it any better. I can't imagine what he went through or anyone in that situation.

Seeing him hunched over her after she passed away just got me thinking about how at one point they were just starting their life, their family and now she's gone. It's so depressing.

My grandma and grandpap were inseparable and now that she's gone my grandpap is just lost without her. I try to spend as much time as I can with him so he's not sitting in the living room alone when he would usually be sitting there with my grandma.

How long has it been since your grandpa passed away?

He died in May '07. I try to do the exact same thing you do and keep my Grandma company as much as I can. They were pretty much inseparable too, and seeing how devastated she was, it was absolutely heartbreaking. It makes me feel better when I see how happy she gets when we drop in to visit every week. She's a lot better now but you can still tell it hurts her to have lost him.

Sincere condolences to you both. The best thing I can offer is that you eventually move on so hang in, every day it

hurts a little less.

I know what you mean about speaking at a funeral for someone close, I spoke at my father's funeral. Somehow I kept

it together & got through it, but I was lousy company the next few days.

Thanks mate. The thing with my reading was I had no knowledge of it until an hour before the actual funeral. I hate speaking in front of large crowds, and believe me, my grandpa had A LOT of friends, family and well wishers. It didn't bother me in the slightest speaking in front of a few hundred people because it wasn't about me, it was about him. So I sucked it up and it was easier than I thought it would be but it still was very hard at the same time.

Edited by steveplayer

I hate when these things happen, my 2 grandpas have passed, but the worst, was my best best friend, shes been my friend since grade 1 all the way to grd 10. we like hung out everyday. We went to the mall 1 day for like 5 hours ( thats what we do really ) and it was fun, that night she went over to her friends house to stay the night and go quading :(. I got a call at 2am in the morning saying britni was in a bad quading accident and i flipped, i got over to the hospital as soon as i could, she looked so bad, she was in a coma :( this is hard for me to write. I stayed at the hospital all night then when to school the next morning, i went home i couldnt do anything, that night i went to the hospital to talk to her :( here parents decided to pull the plug cause she would not come out of it. so after that i threw everything on the ground and fell down and started crying, I miss her so much

I miss you britni R.I.P. :'( :'(

My grandma from my mom's side died about two months ago from cancer, and a sophmore from my school commited suicide last Friday.

Sorry for your loss. How long did your Grandma have cancer? Was her death sudden or was she told she had a certain amount of time to live? Just curious, you don't have to answer, obviously.

I hate when these things happen, my 2 grandpas have passed, but the worst, was my best best friend, shes been my friend since grade 1 all the way to grd 10. we like hung out everyday. We went to the mall 1 day for like 5 hours ( thats what we do really ) and it was fun, that night she went over to her friends house to stay the night and go quading :(. I got a call at 2am in the morning saying britni was in a bad quading accident and i flipped, i got over to the hospital as soon as i could, she looked so bad, she was in a coma :( this is hard for me to write. I stayed at the hospital all night then when to school the next morning, i went home i couldnt do anything, that night i went to the hospital to talk to her :( here parents decided to pull the plug cause she would not come out of it. so after that i threw everything on the ground and fell down and started crying, I miss her so much

I miss you britni R.I.P. :'( :'(

That's horrible, it must be a very hard thing to deal with. Was this recent?

• 1 month later...

My two week old rottie puppy died on Friday. He was rejected by his mother so we were hand rearing him for my Mums friend and we intended to keep him. I was devasted on Friday when I found Henry in his box. I can't stop thinking about him. He has been buried with his sister's who didn't make it.

R.I.P. Henry, Pink and Audrey.

I miss Henry so much.

• 2 weeks later...

220px-Carradine.jpg

R.I.P to David Carradine, who was found dead in his hotel room in Bangkok. He apparently hanged himself, and was found by a maid in a wardrobe with the rope around his neck.

Wikipedia page - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Carradine

Edited by Bateman.

Rest in peace to Exodus Tyson (the 4-year old daughter of Mike Tyson). :(

and today is MuMorial Day - making it 1 year since indie rapper Camu Tao passed away via cancer. :awecry:

Woa i thought i was the only person in the world that heard of Camu Tao!

RIP to the rappers Big Proof, Big L, Eazy E, Pac, Big, Big Hawk, Big Mello, JMJ, Big Pun and all the rappers from the screwed up click that died (theres like 4 or 5 of them and Big Mello and Big Hawk are 2 of them)

220px-Carradine.jpg

R.I.P to David Carradine, who was found dead in his hotel room in Bangkok. He apparently hanged himself, and was found by a maid in a wardrobe with the rope around his neck.

Wikipedia page - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Carradine

Damn. I didn't even know he died. I loved him in the Kill Bill series.:/

Condolences.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...