Upgrade to IPB 2.2

Chris

In the last couple of weeks Invision Power released version 2.2 of their Invision Power Board software which is what we use to run these forums. The upgrade is a fairly big one, and gives us many more awesome features. For a full description of all the new features, head over to the official IPS where you can read this post (it's quite long). It details all the lovely new features, as well as all the improved security that will help us keep out the spam bots.

The one minor problem of the upgrade is that we'll be without our customised forum skin for about a week or so. Because of there being so many changes to skins in this update, I don't really have time to carry out all of them myself, though I may try later today. So until then we'll be stuck with the default skin, which isn't too bad a problem, so please don't moan about that.

Any comments about the upgrade, or questions about new features or whatever can be asked here.

The forums will be offline while this upgrade takes place, at approximately 4:00PM GMT today. The period we will be offline for will be around 30 minutes.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know, the long part is uploading all of the files, and there's loads of them. The actual upgrade script only takes a minute or so to complete. I'm actually upgrading another forum at the moment though, hence why I haven't started this at 3pm when I said I would. Probably more like 3:30 now.

As you can see the upgrade has unfortunately not worked. We are getting IPS to help sort out the upgrade and fix everything.

Though nothing was actually broken, but we're still on 2.1.7. I am closing this topic now, and will re open once the upgrade has taken place. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Oh yeah nobody has lost anything. I just haven't got round to editing the new files yet, don't worry.

NOTE: when viewing your own profile, e.g. mine is http://www.thegtaplace.com/forums/index.php?showuser=2 , on the left you have an option to set your gender, please don't abuse this and all say you're female when you so blatantly aren't :P

We may one day need to use gender statistics in some random demographics, so it would be helpful if you told the truth.

one exception to the rule is of course Spaz The Great, it is clear from his pictures that he has no idea what gender he is :)