New innovative thing in gta4

tilly

Okay, gta2 had an innovative gang system and respect thing that really made the whole game different than gta2. gta3 was 3d and had many many things that made it great compared to gta2, Vice city was only a mod so all it had was bikes and stuff; San andreas had planes, swimming, and a few other things. Those were the very small innovative things that were compared to the big innovative things that made gta3 great.

What do you think will be very innovative and creative that rockstar will put into gta4 to make it soooo so much better than all the gta 3s.

i think there will be:

A big ocean with islands making this a more "world game" instead of just city.

Ipods and usable cell phones maybe.

i cant think of anymore so i want your ideas.

please dont say graphics and bigger map and generic crap like that cuz thats obvious. and think before you post.

I really don't know but maybev the fighting system might be a bit more like the Tekken series where you select the mode and then X and O are kick again etc.

But yeah, I think more control over the character would be key.

---

Maybe they'll intorduce different playable characters where you'll play as one person for the first half and another for the second, or maybe it'll keep swapping around.

Might not be good but a bit different anyway.

alot of what you guys are saying is good, but some of it is still generic things said in old forums, try to keep things new. like dont say destructable environment. that goes in physics.

I think there should be different maps that you can boat to, fly to, or just book a flight or boat trip.

I think the most innotive design could be using the sixaxis controller for the playstation 3 for full us with its tilt function.

You could use it on -

1) SHarp turns with cars or motorbikes

2) Landing when you are on a parachute.

3) Jet pack.

4) When you are shooting, if you tilt to the left, the charachter does a turn to the left for cover.

5) When you are on a boat, helicopter or plane

6) If the hand to hand combat is better tehn you could do it for boxing. When someone is trying to punch you tilt the controller and you dodge the punch.

Tilly you can altrady book a flight in San Andreas. You just have to go to the airports.

i know you can, but you can also fly to those places really easily, make these places more like LC in SA, not really fun to fly to, but you can also book a flight and be in the plane for a while. or just make it impossible to fly to, but you can book a flight there. make the flight time longer and the cost a little more for how far the place is.

Okay, gta2 had an innovative gang system and respect thing that really made the whole game different than gta2. gta3 was 3d and had many many things that made it great compared to gta2, Vice city was only a mod so all it had was bikes and stuff; San andreas had planes, swimming, and a few other things. Those were the very small innovative things that were compared to the big innovative things that made gta3 great.

What do you think will be very innovative and creative that rockstar will put into gta4 to make it soooo so much better than all the gta 3s.

i think there will be:

please dont say graphics and bigger map and generic crap like that cuz thats obvious. and think before you post.

VC was only a mod?

Ok, I saw something like this in a review once. It basically said VC wasn't that much better than LC, it doesnt feel like a new game.

HELLO? Find a single aspect that hasnt been upgraded...Various new classes of vehicle, various new vehicles to fill those classes...It WAS a new game, about as much as was possible.

And another thing. Small things compared to what made GTA 3 great? Well...what did you expect. Did you expect VC and SA to be as 'new' as GTA3 was? Do you expect Rockstar to come up with a completely different style of gameplay for each game?

And now you expect GTA4 to be completely new and different, just because its being revamped for the newer systems...Just because last time this happened it turned out completely new.

It will most likely not be completely new. It will have new features, probably all of them. But it won't be a complete revamp. I would expect a lot more land, picture perfect graphics (blu ray disc will allow it...not sure about the Xbox version)...

I would like to see a lot more care taken in vehicle design, and would like to know the time period...My guess is modern.

Dont mention the map you say? What else would you expect...

Edited by Al the Killer

i think there will be:

VC was only a mod?

Ok, I saw something like this in a review once. It basically said VC wasn't that much better than LC, it doesnt feel like a new game.

HELLO? Find a single aspect that hasnt been upgraded...Various new classes of vehicle, various new vehicles to fill those classes...It WAS a new game, about as much as was possible.

And another thing. Small things compared to what made GTA 3 great? Well...what did you expect. Did you expect VC and SA to be as 'new' as GTA3 was? Do you expect Rockstar to come up with a completely different style of gameplay for each game?

And now you expect GTA4 to be completely new and different, just because its being revamped for the newer systems...Just because last time this happened it turned out completely new.

It will most likely not be completely new. It will have new features, probably all of them. But it won't be a complete revamp. I would expect a lot more land, picture perfect graphics (blu ray disc will allow it...not sure about the Xbox version)...

I would like to see a lot more care taken in vehicle design, and would like to know the time period...My guess is modern.

Dont mention the map you say? What else would you expect...

I agree with this guy you cant have everything perfect. Some people on this board want the best game ever.

Lol well it probably will be. San Andreas has been labelled as the best game ever. With a new system and bigger discs, it can only get better.

I really dont know how they expect to make the Xbox version. The PS3 discs have an extra 40GB of space...Either the Xbox game will be inferior, or the PS3 game will be held back. I really hope the PS3 game is made to the discs' full potential.

Lol well it probably will be. San Andreas has been labelled as the best game ever. With a new system and bigger discs, it can only get better.

I really dont know how they expect to make the Xbox version. The PS3 discs have an extra 40GB of space...Either the Xbox game will be inferior, or the PS3 game will be held back. I really hope the PS3 game is made to the discs' full potential.

Ahem. Xbox 360 fan/owner over here. :pissedred:

Just kidding, but I don't really know how much stuff can be packed into a Blu-ray disc? Maybe 7 kinds of dildos, 18 different SMGs, 574 total vehicles?

Oh yeah, the PS3 version will probably be held back. I don't think R* wants to work on 574 cars or 7 kinds of sex toys.

Would drifting be included in physics? That'd be innovative and fun....

Would drifting be included in physics? That'd be innovative and fun....

Its in the SA physics. Ever driven an Elegy? Pheonix? Sex on a stick ^_^

I should hope so.

Lets be honest here because of the x box 360 gta will not make use for the blu ray disc and it would be very similar to San Andreas unless they creat multiple gaming discs for the 360 version. This way everybody is happy.

You're making it sound like its the obvious truth that the Blu Ray will not even be used, just because the 360 can't use it. It could use it, to add higher quality textures, theres lots of little stuff they could add. They can have on the disc what they want...I hope they make the PS3 version just that bit better. I'm paying for it when I get my PS3! I mean literally, I am paying for the Blu Ray drive, they should use it.

Multiple discs would suck. Much so.

One thing to note: If they were to go all out and fill the Blu Ray disc with just...more game, everything, then they would end up with longer load times. Perhaps a load screen between cities/islands, that kinda stuff. Filling the disc is a bad idea if they cant make the loading stop, but they do have more room to play with.

i think there will be:

Bullsh*t. Vice City was definitely not a mod. It took place in a whole NEW city with whole NEW character, and a whole NEW storyline. Vice City brought buying properties and more guns to GTA and it was really a big step in the series almost that with GTA3.

How about more than one playable character? Like 3 characters? Each character could have it's own strengths and weaknesses.

Again more than one character isn't good. It'll mess the storyline up.