New innovative thing in gta4

tilly

Okay, gta2 had an innovative gang system and respect thing that really made the whole game different than gta2. gta3 was 3d and had many many things that made it great compared to gta2, Vice city was only a mod so all it had was bikes and stuff; San andreas had planes, swimming, and a few other things. Those were the very small innovative things that were compared to the big innovative things that made gta3 great.

What do you think will be very innovative and creative that rockstar will put into gta4 to make it soooo so much better than all the gta 3s.

i think there will be:

A big ocean with islands making this a more "world game" instead of just city.

Ipods and usable cell phones maybe.

i cant think of anymore so i want your ideas.

please dont say graphics and bigger map and generic crap like that cuz thats obvious. and think before you post.

Bullsh*t. Vice City was definitely not a mod. It took place in a whole NEW city with whole NEW character, and a whole NEW storyline. Vice City brought buying properties and more guns to GTA and it was really a big step in the series almost that with GTA3.

How about more than one playable character? Like 3 characters? Each character could have it's own strengths and weaknesses.

Again more than one character isn't good. It'll mess the storyline up.

yeah i forgot about the storyline. i guess there shouldn't be multiple characters :bashhead:

- You should be able to call up a character and he should come to you, pick you up, and a map should appear and you can pick a spot on the map and he'll take you there -- similar to Saint's Row, but, hey, they ripped GTA off so much, it won't hurt to take one of their innovative ideas -- then you pay him once you've reached your destination point. This would make it better so if you ever get lost in the map or can't be bothered driving somewhere, just call this guy up.

- About the character above, he should be an actual character that you meet during the beginning of the game in a cutscene.

- There should be things like Big Foot and UFO in the game, and something like if you shot Big Foot with a particular gun, you receive $5000 and unlock more clothing, tattoos, and hairstyles, which would be available at the stores. There could also be something like if you shot and destroyed a UFO ship with a Rocket Launcher (which would be the only weapon you're allowed to use to get this), you receive more goodies like the above.

That's all I can think of.

Okay, gta2 had an innovative gang system and respect thing that really made the whole game different than gta2. gta3 was 3d and had many many things that made it great compared to gta2, Vice city was only a mod so all it had was bikes and stuff; San andreas had planes, swimming, and a few other things. Those were the very small innovative things that were compared to the big innovative things that made gta3 great.

What do you think will be very innovative and creative that rockstar will put into gta4 to make it soooo so much better than all the gta 3s.

i think there will be:

please dont say graphics and bigger map and generic crap like that cuz thats obvious. and think before you post.

VC was only a mod?

Ok, I saw something like this in a review once. It basically said VC wasn't that much better than LC, it doesnt feel like a new game.

HELLO? Find a single aspect that hasnt been upgraded...Various new classes of vehicle, various new vehicles to fill those classes...It WAS a new game, about as much as was possible.

And another thing. Small things compared to what made GTA 3 great? Well...what did you expect. Did you expect VC and SA to be as 'new' as GTA3 was? Do you expect Rockstar to come up with a completely different style of gameplay for each game?

And now you expect GTA4 to be completely new and different, just because its being revamped for the newer systems...Just because last time this happened it turned out completely new.

It will most likely not be completely new. It will have new features, probably all of them. But it won't be a complete revamp. I would expect a lot more land, picture perfect graphics (blu ray disc will allow it...not sure about the Xbox version)...

I would like to see a lot more care taken in vehicle design, and would like to know the time period...My guess is modern.

Dont mention the map you say? What else would you expect...

jeesus christ man, gta vice city WAS a mod, your proving it right there! its the same game with new graphics, new vehicles, new guns, new missions, and new map. hmmmm, thats sorta wat a mod is buddy. but other than that the BIGGEST thing making it just a mod is how its RUN ON THE SAME ENGINE! do some research before you post and that might help you not look like a dumbass.

and how many times did you say "what do you expect"(and other variations)

when the hell did i say VC wasnt much better than gta3 (btw VC is really uncommercially called this "Gta: 3:Vice city"). Its ALOT better, but its still a mod! its a modified version of the old one. like i said it just has alot of updated things.

and if your gunna try to burn me again, try to make better examples, saying that there are new cars is making the game a whole new game isnt very convincing.

next time dont go rambling off on what i expect, i didnt expect anything, all i goddamn sed was that it was a mod. now say what your here for and dont be a noob.

i think there will be:

Bullsh*t. Vice City was definitely not a mod. It took place in a whole NEW city with whole NEW character, and a whole NEW storyline. Vice City brought buying properties and more guns to GTA and it was really a big step in the series almost that with GTA3.

ummm.... that would be making it a mod. all Vice city was was a new city, new storyline, new character, and new graphics, new cars and they added a few things like buying guns and buying property. thats pretty much all besides the small stuff. it was run on the same engine and was pretty much done off of gta3, and SA was done off of Vice city.

the thing about gta4, making it totally new is that there starting from scratch, staying with the whole gta3 concept, but making a new engine, new handling, and EVERYthing is new, not just modified and changed.

Edited by tilly

jeesus christ man, gta vice city WAS a mod, your proving it right there! its the same game with new graphics, new vehicles, new guns, new missions, and new map. hmmmm, thats sorta wat a mod is buddy. but other than that the BIGGEST thing making it just a mod is how its RUN ON THE SAME ENGINE! do some research before you post and that might help you not look like a dumbass.

when the hell did i say VC wasnt much better than gta3 (btw VC is really uncommercially called this "Gta: 3:Vice city"). Its ALOT better, but its still a mod! its a modified version of the old one. like i said it just has alot of updated things.

and if your gunna try to burn me again, try to make better examples, saying that there are new cars is making the game a whole new game isnt very convincing.

next time dont go rambling off on what i expect, i didnt expect anything, all i goddamn sed was that it was a mod. now say what your here for and dont be a noob.

Oh dumbass you say?

The only thing GTA:3 and VC had in common was the engine, which is the same engine San Andreas used (it's called RenderWare). Are you going to tell me SA is a mod too? There goes your biggest argument.

VC had a new landscape (without the old one included) different vehicles, 3 times as many weapons, new vehicle types and classes, a different feel and color pallette, more radio, better radio...

In other words, despite you claiming that VC was simply GTA:3 modded, Vice City is better in every way, and whats more completely different in every way. It doesn't look or feel the same!

What makes SA not a mod then?

Oh dumbass you say?

The only thing GTA:3 and VC had in common was the engine, which is the same engine San Andreas used (it's called RenderWare). Are you going to tell me SA is a mod too? There goes your biggest argument.

VC had a new landscape (without the old one included) different vehicles, 3 times as many weapons, new vehicle types and classes, a different feel and color pallette, more radio, better radio...

In other words, despite you claiming that VC was simply GTA:3 modded, Vice City is better in every way, and whats more completely different in every way. It doesn't look or feel the same!

What makes SA not a mod then?

you really dont know what im talking about do you. im not saying its like an addon downloadable type thing, but the physics engine, handling engine, graphics engine, car engine, and ALLLLL the other engines are ALLLL the same in ALLLL the gta3 games. I agree that they are very different and all of them are alot better then the prior one, and sorry for calling you a dumbass. its like a fill in the blanks game, gta3 was the creation of the blanks to be written in, and all of the info in the blanks were changed when they made VC (if you want to kno what my metaphor is, the engines are the blanks, and the appearance is the info[ex. landscape, cars, graphics, colors, radio, guns.]) there were a few things added on like buying guns, bikes(like i sed, this was the innovative thing, which is wat im asking in the first place), and buying property. And in response to what your saying, VC can be appear, feel, and seem different in every way, but its still a modded(= changed, proving that your sortof contradicting yourself there) gta3.

now lets stop arguing, i agree with you, the game is TOTALLY different and tweaked and is alot better than 3 and feels much different, but it is technichally a mod.

so al, what do YOU want to have new and innovative in gta4.

you really dont know what im talking about do you. im not saying its like an addon downloadable type thing, but the physics engine, handling engine, graphics engine, car engine, and ALLLLL the other engines are ALLLL the same in ALLLL the gta3 games. I agree that they are very different and all of them are alot better then the prior one, and sorry for calling you a dumbass. its like a fill in the blanks game, gta3 was the creation of the blanks to be written in, and all of the info in the blanks were changed when they made VC (if you want to kno what my metaphor is, the engines are the blanks, and the appearance is the info[ex. landscape, cars, graphics, colors, radio, guns.]) there were a few things added on like buying guns, bikes(like i sed, this was the innovative thing, which is wat im asking in the first place), and buying property. And in response to what your saying, VC can be appear, feel, and seem different in every way, but its still a modded(= changed, proving that your sortof contradicting yourself there) gta3.

now lets stop arguing, i agree with you, the game is TOTALLY different and tweaked and is alot better than 3 and feels much different, but it is technichally a mod.

so al, what do YOU want to have new and innovative in gta4.

If it was an add-on downloadable type thing (you must mean expansion), then it would be downloadable.

The graphics are modified to suite the city and the scene better.

The handling? Oh now that's where you're really wrong. The handling in Vice was upgraded (albeit not a great deal) from GTA:3. But to say SA had the same handling? Did you not even notice the ability to drift and wheelspin properly?

If VC is a mod, every sequel ever is a mod. How is Driver 2 any better than the original? New cities, ability to leave your car...Thats it.

ah god. what im saying is that it is done off of the old one. making it a mod. i sed the handling ENGINE is different, the handling specs are WAYYYYY different. and thats not what i meant by the dlable thing, i meant like an online type mod just to change the SAME EXACT game.

Just because you're calling a game a mod isn't necessarily insulting it. I could agree that Vice City was a mod, but it's a fun mod and in my opinion...a better version than GTA 3, I liked Vice City's paradisical 1980's Miami setting over the semi-dark modern New York-like setting of GTA 3. Plus the cars on GTA: VC were cooler and I liked the fact that you could own business and constantly make money from each business.

Vice City is to GTA 3 as Battlefield: Desert Combat is to Battlefield: 1942...the Mod is better than the original.

But seriously, I did not know Vice City and San Andreas were mods until I read some of Tilly's messages.