Official Playstation Discussion

Harwood Butcher

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

could someone plz answer me one thing? IS THE PS3 REALLY WORTH IT? all i heard about it is it is too expensive and there arent enough games yet and it makes too much noise. SO IS IT REALLY WORTH THE $600 BUCKS?

I'm not sure it makes noise. It is expensive, though more games will eventually be coming out (Take GTAIV, MGS4 as a example).

But if you're quiet amazed with all it has, buy it then...

could someone plz answer me one thing? IS THE PS3 REALLY WORTH IT? all i heard about it is it is too expensive and there arent enough games yet and it makes too much noise. SO IS IT REALLY WORTH THE $600 BUCKS?

It's definitely worth it. Take a look at the PlayStation Home topic. That's what the PS3 will have this fall. Pretty amazing stuff. The graphics are amazing...and I don't even have an HD TV. As for noise...there isn't any. I mean, if you make the room dead silent and only have the PS3 going, you could hear the fan a little bit, but hardly noticeable. I suggest you get a PS3 when you have some money to spare or just start saving for it.

Well there are coming some great games for PS3 later, just wait until MGS4 is out, the biggest reason right now that I'm getting a PS3, but also heard rumors that it's coming for Xbox 360, but according to Konami they have no plans to bring it to the Xbox 360. And yeah, I heard about that, I heard alot about that, it doesn't even make any noise which is fantastic man.

All I can hear is the quiet sound of the fan. Which is brilliant. But I am still trying to change my account name because that name was too long :(

You have 2 different names, one for your PS3 its self and then another for PS3 Online. If you want to change the main user name for the PS3, just press triangle to get in to edit it. For the PS3 Online name, you'll have to sign in and change it in the account managing section. If you’re still not sure where to change the PS3 online name, I’ll get a little more in depth after I’m able sign in myself to see exactly how to do it…I’m updating my PS3 right now so I can’t.

Yeah man, I'd love to buy a PS3 and all (mostly because of MGS4 and FFXIII) but before I buy one, I really want an LCD-TV with full-HD, but is it really necessary to get full-HD? Is 1080p really that remarkable? I've heard from other ppl that 720 is enough, 1080p is only necessary if you're going to sit and play real close in front of the TV. Too bad these 1080p is so damn expensive, dammit.

Well I have to say the PS3 is bloody brilliant. I only got 1 game (Resistance Fall of Man) and it is so far excellent. The store is packed full of goodies and free things too. I am currently downloading GT-HD. Plus I also got my name as well, but I want to change it (help!), It is too long :P

Hey guys my friend (he phone me just now) is having a little problem with his PS3. HE said when you start a game the screen goes off and then it comes back on.

I think it could be an HDMI problem but does anyone know how to fix this or what the problem could be?

No that happens, it is not a bug or anything. It said that when you first turned on your PS3. ;)

Nope, it has happened several times, I have bben round his house, we tried switching it off then on, and still it wouldn't work, it goes off then back on but the sound keeps on playing. Its not his TV because thats only 3 months old. He is really p****** off atm, I was quite surprised to be honest, Does anyone know how to fix this though?

No that happens, it is not a bug or anything. It said that when you first turned on your PS3. ;)

Nope, it has happened several times, I have bben round his house, we tried switching it off then on, and still it wouldn't work, it goes off then back on but the sound keeps on playing. Its not his TV because thats only 3 months old. He is really p****** off atm, I was quite surprised to be honest, Does anyone know how to fix this though?

Did you guys bump it or anything? Because you could have f***ed it up...it has a hard drive. It's just like a computer so if you bump it hard enough, you'll break it.

Did you guys bump it or anything? Because you could have f***ed it up...it has a hard drive. It's just like a computer so if you bump it hard enough, you'll break it.

Don't matter he didn't bump it, its fixed he found out how to fix it on Youtube, so it doesn't really matter.

I only have Resistance : Fall Of Man but it is brilliant, The online multilayer is fantastic, it is very addictive. But I have also downloaded Motorstorm, if you turn on the motion controller thing it is really cool.
Alright man, I understand your excitement and everything, but this is not the real GTA IV trailer, and the game in that trailer is Driver Parallel Lines, a game from Atari that was released in early 2006. The real GTA IV trailer wont be out until this Thursday.

I didn't liek MotorStorm too much, great grahpics is a plus but only eight tracks :mellow: Good potential though.