Official Playstation Discussion

Harwood Butcher

Major news, PS3 price dropped to £399.99 at play.com and WH Smith

That's great man, always good to wait a while before deciding to buy something, especially consoles, you can really save some. Well, anyway, atm, PS3 sure seems most interesting and I'm going to get one, but I'll wait a little longer.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I need some advice I am about to buy a tv especially for my PS3, it is HD ready and is good price (£230.00) and is Goodmans. However it doesn't have HDMI connection. Should I still get it because I don't know how much HDMI change the graphics.

EDIT -

Heres the link

http://www.comet.co.uk/cometbrowse/product...b=specification

Edited by ps3 player

Goodmans? Man, I've never heard of them you know, I think it's better to go for something like Philips, Sony, Samsung, Panasonic or LG, know what I'm saying, even if it's a little bit more expensive, pays off in the long run you know. Now I'm not an expert, but buying a HDTV these days without the HDMI interface is pretty damn unwise, HDMI is pretty damn future-proof and it doesn't cost that much these days you know, just look at the 23-26 inches, even the 32 ones doesn't cost too much these days. I think I found a better one for you that doesn't cost that much, plus, it has 1 HDMI in --> Samsung LE26R72BD

Goodmans? Man, I've never heard of them you know, I think it's better to go for something like Philips, Sony, Samsung, Panasonic or LG, know what I'm saying, even if it's a little bit more expensive, pays off in the long run you know. Now I'm not an expert, but buying a HDTV these days without the HDMI interface is pretty damn unwise, HDMI is pretty damn future-proof and it doesn't cost that much these days you know, just look at the 23-26 inches, even the 32 ones doesn't cost too much these days. I think I found a better one for you that doesn't cost that much, plus, it has 1 HDMI in --> Samsung LE26R72BD

Its is good but doesn't have any AV inputs, does that mena it can still play games consoles?

Yeah man, you can still play games on it. In case you're wondering what av input is for, then here is a good description from Wikipedia:

AV input is a common label on a connector to receive (AV)audio/visual signals from electronic equipment that generates AV signals (AV output) - Wikipedia.org

If AV input is important to you, then here is another LCD for a reasonable price --> Samsung LE-26R74BDX

Both LCDs are suitable for gaming.

Yeah man, you can still play games on it. In case you're wondering what av input is for, then here is a good description from Wikipedia:
AV input is a common label on a connector to receive (AV)audio/visual signals from electronic equipment that generates AV signals (AV output) - Wikipedia.org

If AV input is important to you, then here is another LCD for a reasonable price --> Samsung LE-26R74BDX

Both LCDs are suitable for gaming.

My brother is getting a Sony TV in the summer. It will be after I buy my PS3 so I will jsut wait

That's great man, I was actually out looking on HDTVs today, and I gotta say man, Sony has some real quality you know. The 26 inches are something to go for you know, they're great for video gaming you know. The 32 ones and bigger are IMO not that suitable for video gaming, it's just too much you know, can be quite an experience if you're playing F1 or something like that, but in the long run, a 26 one is better. But of course, it's a matter of personal taste and all.

That's great man, I was actually out looking on HDTVs today, and I gotta say man, Sony has some real quality you know. The 26 inches are something to go for you know, they're great for video gaming you know. The 32 ones and bigger are IMO not that suitable for video gaming, it's just too much you know, can be quite an experience if you're playing F1 or something like that, but in the long run, a 26 one is better. But of course, it's a matter of personal taste and all.

Yes, I know. I'm thinking about getting a summer job so I could get one in time for GTA IV.

Yes, I know. I'm thinking about getting a summer job so I could get one in time for GTA IV.

I think he is going to get one of the Sony Bravia TVs, if im not mistaken its the Sony KDL 20 s 2030,

pretty damn good TV I think.

The Sony BRAVIA LCDs are great man, the Sony KDL-20S2030 should have a great picture you know, it's a 20 inches LCD-TV, yeah man, those are also suitable for gaming. Sony is definitely one of the best brands out there. But if you ask me, I'd go for a 23-27 inches one.

I don't really like buying huge TVs because in my opinion people look fat in it and sometimes it gets anooting. 20 inchest is perfect and also I don't have much space in my room for a 16 inch TV. My brother will probably buy it in the summer but I am the one who is going to be having it. :lol:

Just wondering aswell, if I buy an HDMI cable to connect my ps3 with my tv, will it actually make the picture look better?

Alright man, as I said before, it's a matter of personal taste and all. Yeah man, if you have HDMI support on your HDTV and you buy an HDMI cable and you connect the PS3 system to the TV with the HDMI cable you should get a much better picture you know. It also depends on which HDMI cable you buy, some gives better picture than others, from what I've heard.

Well if you don’t know which console to buy I’d suggest you to look at the upcoming games on both of the consoles you know, after all, the games is what makes the console. Yeah man, as we already know GTA IV is coming both on Xbox 360 and PS3, and I don’t think there will be any major difference in graphics, althought I think the PS3-version is going to look better graphically. But yeah man, as you already know, the Xbox 360-version is confirmed to have exclusive episodic content that should be avalible in 2008 or something on Xbox Live. Anyway man, I’d say you should look at the upcoming games on both of the consoles, that should help pretty damn much. Basically, which one is the better really depends on you and everything, know what I'm saying.

Yesterday I played Grand Turismo HD. The AI is awefull (talking about those people standing at the side of the track) and the graphics are far from HD. Really nothing special about it.

Also Motor Storm.. Disappointing. Really..

Major news, PS3 price dropped to £399.99 at play.com and WH Smith

If they need a price drop that soon it isn't doing good business. But good news anyway.

I hate GT HD :/ Why, it cost from 400-1000 real dollars to have everything in the game... Why did Sony do that?

I got a 60gb PS3 for Christmas. It definately is the best. My Online or PSN name is gtagamer and I have R:FOM, COD3, madden07 (which I actually don't play much right now), and THP8. You can add this stuff up on that thing on the first post of the topic if you want OGTAM.

Ok, added. Just let me know whether or not Madden 07 has online play or not.