Official Playstation Discussion

Harwood Butcher

Playstation Points Cards aren't out here yet, they are being trialled in Japan. They let you buy things, you walk into a store and "top-up" your cards, easy.

@Jared, Yeah go with what OGTAM said. A Blu-Ray player over here is £1,000, a PS3 is £400, so tell your parents this is a worth while investment. Blu-Ray is easily the winner out of the HD Format war and nearly all studious are behind it. Also the Playstation Network is 100% free, download free trailers, demo's, extra game content ect... And then you could buy exclusive PSN (PlaystationNetwork) games for only around $8.99. And finally, Playstation Home. One of the greatest things coming to the PS3, just look at the first post in this topic to know what I'm saying.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Howdy guys, need your advice, I need to talk my parents into letting me purchase ones of these, can anyone give me a hand with how to do this?

I'm not sure what your parents are like, but if it's the price that gets them, try to show them that it's actually cheaper than it seems. Explain to them what it has, such as having BluRay and that it'd cost twice as much to just buy a BluRay player than it would to get a PS3. Also mention that the online feature is free and that there is even a virtual game that you could download for free that allows you to talk to friends and what not. You have to show them that it's actually a bargain and not an expensive waste, to my opinion, like the Xbox360.

Thanks, I will get some facts off the official website to backup my claims.

I agree with you on the Xbox 360 front, at the local Harvey Normal they the PS3 and Xbox 360 set up next to each other, there is a very obvious difference between the Xbox 360's graphics and speed is to the PS3's.

Playstation Points Cards aren't out here yet, they are being trialled in Japan. They let you buy things, you walk into a store and "top-up" your cards, easy.

@Jared, Yeah go with what OGTAM said. A Blu-Ray player over here is £1,000, a PS3 is £400, so tell your parents this is a worth while investment. Blu-Ray is easily the winner out of the HD Format war and nearly all studious are behind it. Also the Playstation Network is 100% free, download free trailers, demo's, extra game content ect... And then you could buy exclusive PSN (PlaystationNetwork) games for only around $8.99. And finally, Playstation Home. One of the greatest things coming to the PS3, just look at the first post in this topic to know what I'm saying.

ONLY ten dollars? But, you can simply download the game for free off the internet! Why pay for it?

Howdy guys, need your advice, I need to talk my parents into letting me purchase ones of these, can anyone give me a hand with how to do this?

I'm not sure what your parents are like, but if it's the price that gets them, try to show them that it's actually cheaper than it seems. Explain to them what it has, such as having BluRay and that it'd cost twice as much to just buy a BluRay player than it would to get a PS3. Also mention that the online feature is free and that there is even a virtual game that you could download for free that allows you to talk to friends and what not. You have to show them that it's actually a bargain and not an expensive waste, to my opinion, like the Xbox360.

I agree with you on the Xbox 360 front, at the local Harvey Normal they the PS3 and Xbox 360 set up next to each other, there is a very obvious difference between the Xbox 360's graphics and speed is to the PS3's.

I still don't see the difference between the two, and even so, why is graphics such an important feature of a game? Can't play a game unless it looks pretty? Or do the games on PS3 suck that bad that they have to look pretty for you to buy them?

ONLY ten dollars? But, you can simply download the game for free off the internet! Why pay for it?

I still don't see the difference between the two, and even so, why is graphics such an important feature of a game? Can't play a game unless it looks pretty? Or do the games on PS3 suck that bad that they have to look pretty for you to buy them?

Are you trying to change his opinion? If you don't like the PS3...don't post in here.

No, I'm simply questioning a few points. You can either kindly answer them, get an attitude and start WWIII, or ignore me entirely. I couldn't care less either way. Yeah, I may be a bit on the smart ass side, but when the defense of a console is a feature that was torn down on another one I just like to know what the difference is.

^ spaz please read ^

Funny, I'm the only one not being a fanboy besides Jared, who is only asking how to convince his parents to buy a PS3. All I did was ask you guys a couple of questions. Yes, I read the notice. So OGTAM is allowed to go out of his way and say the 360 is a waste of money when such statement was ENTIRELY unnecessary because no one was even talking about the 360((y'know, since this is the PS3 topic)).... Yet, I can't question something that was said about the PS3, without even being a fanboy about it? Okay, that makes sense.

Tilly, please, be an hero, kay?

an hero. okay ill be an hero. i didnt say jared read it being that he gave you the link meaning he would HAVE to have read it. What you need is a "dont try to change the opinions of people who dont want there opinions to be changed" topic. NO im not flaming you. youve been a non asshole for a few days. thats cool.

And I never said you told Jared to do anything. I only pointed out that he was the only active poster in this thread that wasn't being a fanboy. I'm not trying to change anyone's opinions, I'm simply asking people to explain these things to me. Why are graphics so important? Why is the pay-to-download games on the PS3 the greatest thing ever, and yet the ones on the Wii are a "rip-off" because you can "download them for free online"((y'know, cause you can't do that at ALL with the games that Sony are offering. Nope....))?

And I love how you act like you know what an-hero even means.......

no i dont know what an hero means. i thought it was a typo, thats why i said it twice.

and the ps3 buy games isnt the same as the Wii buy an old nes game for 8 dollars.

NOW LETS STOP ARGUING! PLEASE!

(my fanboy comment against you referring to the "ps3 games are so shitty that they need good graphics" or something like that when there was a remark about better graphics)

Edited by tilly

It's funny how I get yelled at for being an asshole when apparently my posts are so misread that even I have to go back and say, "When did I say that!?". I ASKED if the games sucked so bad that they needed to be pretty. That was, y'know, a rhetorical question. All I was trying to get at, was why graphics had to be uber-extreme in order for a game to be played.

Um, the NES games are like 5 dollars, if I remember correctly. Big deal. They're five dollars. The PS3 downloadable games are 9. The N64 games are 10 dollars. OH NO!! It's ONE MORE DOLLAR for the same-gen of games. What is the PS3 offering you? PS1 games? You can just play the old PS1 games on there ANYWAYS. You can't play NES, SNES, N64, Genesis, or TurboGrafx games just by plugging your old cartridge into your new system. So that would explain the SLIGHTLY higher price.

And with the arguing, you're kind of the one who started it by indirectly calling me a fanboy when all I did was question you guys.

No, I'm simply questioning a few points. You can either kindly answer them, get an attitude and start WWIII, or ignore me entirely. I couldn't care less either way. Yeah, I may be a bit on the smart ass side, but when the defense of a console is a feature that was torn down on another one I just like to know what the difference is.

Well if you think it'd start a fight...wouldn't you think the smart thing to do would be to PM the person or just not ask it at all...???

Well if you think it'd start a fight...wouldn't you think the smart thing to do would be to PM the person or just not ask it at all...???

No, this is a message board. It is made for discussion. ALL of you in this topic like the PS3, so you're ALL possible responders to my question, why limit it to one person if I could just ask in the topic and not have to PM multiple people to get an answer. And before you use this logic back on me with something like a newb asking a random off-topic question for the sake of getting an answer, my questions were about the PS3, in the PS3 general topic. So yeah....

and wait, did i ever say that ps3 dlable games WERENT a ripoff? no. but im not experienced with them. i dont have a ps3, i have a wii. and i was annoyed of it.

yes i did sorta start it, but thats not what i was intending.

Um, maybe that's why the question wasn't directed at you, but instead at anyone who could actually answer it?

And yeah, I wasn't intending to start a fight either, I just wanted to ask some questions.

Nah, seriously Spaz you know I don't have a problem with you, just your posts need some re-wording it all, your word use gives the wrong impression at times.

Yeah, but you've SEEN how defensive people get over me asking a question. Yeah, I get defensive when people blatantly insult things, but hey, I'd understand them getting defensive if I just came in and said that the PS3 sucked and it was the biggest rip-off in the world. I didn't do that, though. I only questioned them. If you're going to claim something, get ready to back it up. This is the internet, NO statement goes unchallenged. Ever.

And yeah, I was intending to start a fight either, I just want to ask some questions.

man those are the critical spelling errors that i change every single post i make. you need to reread the post to yourself before you post it so that people who arent the brightest at things (silberio) wont get the wrong idea.

THERE WE go, edit: dont make fun of me

Edited by tilly