Official Playstation Discussion

Harwood Butcher

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So guys. Not much has been happening with the PS3. Although I do have some news for you:

* First off, there will be a new Firmware next week. :)

* Secondly the Home open Beta will start in a few weeks :D

* There is no thirdly :(

But on the bright side the stores are now updating on Thursday (The EU one was updating on Friday), and we keep getting loads of stuff.

Well I have a third hand rumor for you guys. I don't know if it's true or not, but if you find anything about it post a link here.

I heard from my friend who heard from his friend at Gamestop that Sony is taking out a chip or something from the incoming PlayStation 3s that allow you to play your PSOne and PS2 games. This part I might have heard wrong, but after they get rid of the 60GB consoles, there'll only be the 80GB ones at the $599 price.

I don't understand why Sony would take out the capabilities of playing PSOne and PS2 games on the PS3, but if this is true...hopefully they don't make an update that takes away this feature from us...even though we have the chip that allows us to do this.

Hell, they might be taking out the chip because the next update involves giving us the ability to play PSOne and PS2 games without the chip. You never know.

Again, this is all just a rumor.

Well I have a third hand rumor for you guys. I don't know if it's true or not, but if you find anything about it post a link here.

I heard from my friend who heard from his friend at Gamestop that Sony is taking out a chip or something from the incoming PlayStation 3s that allow you to play your PSOne and PS2 games. This part I might have heard wrong, but after they get rid of the 60GB consoles, there'll only be the 80GB ones at the $599 price.

I don't understand why Sony would take out the capabilities of playing PSOne and PS2 games on the PS3, but if this is true...hopefully they don't make an update that takes away this feature from us...even though we have the chip that allows us to do this.

Hell, they might be taking out the chip because the next update involves giving us the ability to play PSOne and PS2 games without the chip. You never know.

Again, this is all just a rumor.

That isn't just a rumor, its true. They're going to do the backwards compatibility with emulation, and not with the Emotion Chip or whatever. Should be better with emulation anyway.

Ok guys. The next Firmware is coming tomorrow! It's 1.9 (Obviously) and here is the list of the current new features:

* Ability to rearrange games on the XMB - W00t

* Option menu now includes "eject disc"

* Press triangle on the XMB to eject the disc - Great!

* XMB backgrounds - Finally!

* Change the folder classification

* Emoticons

* Change CD output to 44.1/88.2/176.4kHz

* Force 24Hz output for Blu-ray over HDMI

* Change PS3 video settings in-game

* "Bit Mapping" in the "Music Setting"

* Save AVCHD type animations from a Memory Stick

* Change settings like upscaling while playing PS and PS2 games

* Add bookmarks

* Web browser security function in the browser's tool section

* Avatar moves during audio visual chat

There is still more features but this is the confirmed ones. Also now I don't even have to touch my PS3 now that theres a Eject disc feature :P