Harwood Butcher

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well it's live. I can also point out some other little features:

* New chat room with some extar features and a different style.

* You can watch the trailers you are downloading.

* You can sort your games, demo's etc...

That's all the extra's I've found so far.

Yeah, I'm glad you could finally organize everything.

I updated it just a while ago and wasn't too impressed, I mean for 2.00 people were expecting huge improvements and extras like in-game XMB but that failed to pop up too. The most noticeable changes are:

-You can change the colour of your background and you can now have theme's which will change the style of the XMB etc.

-There is a new category called Playstation Network.

-You can turn the PS3 on (if it is on standby) from your PSP by connecting it through remote play.

-There is an Informatiin board icon in the top-right corner which tells you recent news from Playstation.

-You can group demo's, pictures, music etc into custom playlists (albums) of your own.

I mean thats great and all, but shouldn't most of this stuff already be on the PS3? Like making your own albums and being able to change the background colour? There is nothing really new and spectacular about 2.00, it's fun for a while but really isn't much for PS3 owners to brag about.

I don't know how to insert a link but you can go to www.psu.com and you will see the article there.

Oh crap, I may have those issues :(

Ever since I updated, My PS3 has been freezing a lot. When I click a Video, it freezes, or a Mp3 file. Sometimes it freezes for a while then works later on.. Hopefully it isn't that bad, and can be fixed.

Firmware v2.01 Coming Soon

Hey everyone. We know you like to hear about updates a few days in advance, so here’s a quick heads up that we have a new System Software update in the works.

Firmware v2.01 is a minor update that will improve the stability of PLAYSTATION 3.

We’ll provide more specifics as the update is about to go live, but we thought we’d give loyal blog readers advance notice!

There might not be anything real special about this update, but at least we'll get rid of those problems some people are having with Firmware 2.00...I hope.

EDIT: For those of you that own a PS3, please check the first post of this topic. Make sure your PS3 info doesn't have any errors and if it's up to date or if you don't have any info, please give me all the information you want me to place in the TGTAP/PSN members portion of the topic. PM me or post here if I need anything added/deleted or edited.

Edited by Original GTA Master

To be honest I've gotten really bored of games... I bought skate recently and I think it's great and all but I'm so not bothered to do all the film parts, I'll just freeskate. The only thing I'm really looking forward to right now is Timesplitters 4 and Haze, GTA IV just seems to have lost intrest in me but heck, I still can't wait till its out.

well i just played Skate for the PS3 at Superstore, and oh my fucking god, that game makes me want a PS3, graphics are SO intense, but people say get a 360 but i hate the controllers and the first system i ever played was a Playstation, there are also other games that look fucking sweet, and the prices dropped to 399 im happy, its cheap, but i think ill wait till February 2008 and then ill see if the prices dropped and any new info for GTA4, but mainly i want to get a PS3 is im used to the controller, the games for it are intense, and Home, thats the fucking coolest thing EVER....

And it probably bumps up security too, eh? Reminds me of the PSP with all the "x.02, x.04, x.15" firmware updates.

Security for what? There isn't anything you could really do to "modify" your PS3...at least not anything I'm aware of.

well i just played Skate for the PS3 at Superstore, and oh my fucking god, that game makes me want a PS3, graphics are SO intense, but people say get a 360 but i hate the controllers and the first system i ever played was a Playstation, there are also other games that look fucking sweet, and the prices dropped to 399 im happy, its cheap, but i think ill wait till February 2008 and then ill see if the prices dropped and any new info for GTA4, but mainly i want to get a PS3 is im used to the controller, the games for it are intense, and Home, thats the fucking coolest thing EVER....

Yeah, the PS3 is pretty kick ass. I think it has really good things heading it's way, such as what you said, PlayStation Home.

so a few questions before i buy this motherhubber... Is Home on the PS3's already? should i get the 30 gig or the 80, and is it true that some games need to download content so it will run faster on loading screens? Online still free like all the other Playstations?

Home is not out, it should be out in Spring of 08.

Well if you get the 80 GB PS3, you will be able to play PS1 & PS2 Games, the 40GB won't.

And no, I don't believe Downloading Content will make the game run faster. They are just add ons.

Online is Free.

so a few questions before i buy this motherhubber... Is Home on the PS3's already? should i get the 30 gig or the 80, and is it true that some games need to download content so it will run faster on loading screens? Online still free like all the other Playstations?

Home is not out, it should be out in Spring of 08.

Well if you get the 80 GB PS3, you will be able to play PS1 & PS2 Games, the 40GB won't.

And no, I don't believe Downloading Content will make the game run faster. They are just add ons.

Online is Free.

yay for you, just ordered on, lol well i had to order one since kelowna is out...

• 2 weeks later...