Harwood Butcher

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All I could say is, fuckin' finally!

If you stopped by one of of the major gaming sites in the last day or so, there’s a good chance you’ve seen one of these stories confirming the existence of PLAYSTATION Network cards, or the debut of such cards in Japan.

We’ve heard the call - usually around the time we update the PLAYSTATION Store - from loyal PS3/PSP owners who’d like to give (or receive) these cards as a gift, and from those who’d like an alternative to using a credit card to purchase things on the PLAYSTATION Store. So here’s an update: Yes, the option many of you have been asking for - PLAYSTATION Network Cards - are coming, and should start appearing at retailers in early ‘08. The cards will be redeemable via the PLAYSTATION Store for PC, and on the PLAYSTATION 3 to supply the wallet with funds to spend on games, add-ons, and other paid content.

We’ll continue to keep you updated here on the PlayStation Blog as their arrival grows nearer.

Source

At least we know when we could be getting these. I doubt there will be a delay for these cards...if there is...all I could say is, WOW!

You don't need a picture for the topic and wheelman is right, its way too small.

Am I the only who thinks you should be able to download demos for the PS3 from the Playstation site? Like the system update feature via USB. It could have something so if the game is only intented for example, the US store, you can't install it onto your Europian PS3 etc. What do you guys think..

You don't need a picture for the topic and wheelman is right, its way too small.

Am I the only who thinks you should be able to download demos for the PS3 from the Playstation site? Like the system update feature via USB. It could have something so if the game is only intented for example, the US store, you can't install it onto your Europian PS3 etc. What do you guys think..

There is probably a good reason why they don't do that. It's probably has something to do with theft. If you've seen the way you have to download stuff onto your PSP, you'd understand what I mean.

Theres a Playstation Store if that's what you want. Download demos, buy games etc... all onto your PSP.

Sorry about the double post but theres a new firmware out tomorrow:

PS3 Firmware v2.10 features:

* Voice changer

The Voice Changer feature has been added to voice / video chat.

Using this feature, you can change the tone of a voice that is input from an audio device such as a microphone. High and low-pitched tones can each be adjusted to five preset levels. You can vary the tone when using voice / video chat under Friends.

* You can now select [Type 3] as an option under Settings > [Music Settings] > [bitmapping]. This bitmapping process was developed specifically for the PS3TM system to enhance audio playback.

* DivX and VC-1 (WMV) have been added to the types of files that can be played.

* Blu-ray Disc Profile 1.1 is now supported. **

Sorry about the double post but theres a new firmware out tomorrow:

PS3 Firmware v2.10 features:

* Voice changer

The Voice Changer feature has been added to voice / video chat.

Using this feature, you can change the tone of a voice that is input from an audio device such as a microphone. High and low-pitched tones can each be adjusted to five preset levels. You can vary the tone when using voice / video chat under Friends.

* You can now select [Type 3] as an option under Settings > [Music Settings] > [bitmapping]. This bitmapping process was developed specifically for the PS3TM system to enhance audio playback.

* DivX and VC-1 (WMV) have been added to the types of files that can be played.

* Blu-ray Disc Profile 1.1 is now supported. **

Cool, I'll add this to the front page, you being credited for it of course.

I think the voice changer seems pretty cool...but that seems like a device that some creeper could use...or something.

I'm hopefully getting a PlayStation Eye soon. :D

The update is out now.

Thanks for the heads up, I'm downloading it right now.

BTW, why do you already have GTAIV in your gamercard??? Isn't it supposed to show the games you own?

Does anyone know if the PlayStation Eye allows you to record gameplay? If so, would any game work?

Edited by Original GTA Master

BTW, why do you already have GTAIV in your gamercard??? Isn't it supposed to show the games you own?

It was right there, when I was looking around for my games, so I spotted it and just decided to add it.

Yeah, they also have Little Big Planet and L.A. Noire. Are you gonna get those when they come out?

I'm not too sure if I will be getting Little Big Planet, and for L.A Noire, I need some more info on it. Midnight Club L.A is what I'm looking forward to.

lolz, You stole GTA IV from Rockstar!

@OGTAM These ones seem good, I doubt they'd break. So yeah I say change the members names and put these instead. Oh and yeah there's an application on the PS store called 'EyeCreate', download that and once you have your Eye you can make videos/movies etc...

I already downloaded it. :P ....Even though I don't have a PlayStation Eye.

Well I'll make a back-up of this topic in a word document just incase they get messed up. The tables coding is tedious to make.

EDIT: Post the code for your PS3 Gamercard if you have one.

Edited by Original GTA Master