Official Playstation Discussion

Harwood Butcher

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did any of you guys hear about the new PS3 package coming in June? Its set to include an 80GB PS3, a DualShock 3 controller, and a copy of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots, all for just $499.99! Sounds like a fantastic deal IMO.

Also, the rumored (but highly likely) date for MGS4 is June 12th I hear. Can't wait!

Did any of you guys hear about the new PS3 package coming in June? Its set to include an 80GB PS3, a DualShock 3 controller, and a copy of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots, all for just $499.99! Sounds like a fantastic deal IMO.

Also, the rumored (but highly likely) date for MGS4 is June 12th I hear. Can't wait!

I advise everyone to save some money and get that amazing as fuck package, if I didnt't have a PS3 already I would buy that package.

Yeah I just saw it at GTAGaming..... Looks pretty good. I wonder if the 80Gb version would be any different?

Huh? That is the 80GB version, there is no 40GB version of the Metal Gear Solid 4 package, just as how there's no 40GB Motorstorm package now...

Didn't they remove the 80GB PS3?

No, they stopped making the 40GB, the 80GB is all that's left.

HOME has been too overhyped in my opinion. To me it will dissapoint a lot of people, I am not saying its crap but theres been delay after delay, I doubt it will be finished this year. And to buy furniture with 'REAL' money is ridiculous, not many people will use home, if you could download the furniture for free it would be much better.

HOME has been too overhyped in my opinion. To me it will dissapoint a lot of people, I am not saying its crap but theres been delay after delay, I doubt it will be finished this year. And to buy furniture with 'REAL' money is ridiculous, not many people will use home, if you could download the furniture for free it would be much better.

I think there is going to be some free pieces of furniture, but there are going to be SETS of furniture that you could purchase. I'm guessing $1.99 for each set, which to me isn't that bad if we get those PlayStation CARDS. Maybe about $1.99-$9.99 for living spaces, which seems a little expensive...but how often are you going to move? I think you could customize your living space the way you want with less than $20...which to me isn't that bad since Home is free to begin with. Roughly $20 for a PS3 "game"...I don't find that bad at all.

I personally think that until you purchase more than $60 worth of stuff for Home, that you won't be cheated out of any money.

@OriginalGTAMaster: What're you talking about? Its the 80GB PS3 that is being discontinued, not the 40GB!

@Spaz: No, right now (in the U.S.), its just the 40GB with a Spider-Man 3 Blu-ray for $400. However, you can still easily find an 80GB with Motorstorm for $500. Come June, it'll be $500 for an 80GB with Metal Gear Solid 4 and a DualShock 3 controller (I'm guessing all models will start coming with the revised controller though).

Discontinuing the 80 GB was not a very wise move for Sony, the 40 GB doesn't have backwards compatibility (you can play PS2 and PS1 games on it). They should've stopped making the 40 GB, and kept on making the 60 and 80 GB PS3.

Don't worry, Sony has said that they are soon to announce a new PS3 model. Possibly a 120GB or 160GB or a whole new design for the PS3 and until they announce it (which should be sometime soon) the 80GB's should still be on the shelves.

They ALREADY did announce another PS3 model. The 80GB Motorstorm pack is being discontinued, come June, there will be a NEW 80GB pack that now has Metal Gear Solid 4.

The 80GB really isn't going anywhere, just the current package is being discontinued for a better one in June.

So in June you'll be able to buy:

$399.99: 40GB PS3 (no backwards compatibility) + Spider-Man 3 Blu-ray Disc

$499.99: 80GB PS3 (backwards compatible) + Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots

(unless suddenly something changes)

So the 80GB will be gone until June, and then it'll make its come-back. But I'd be willing to bet there's no way they'll sell all those Motorstorm 80GB packs by June. And it was a smart idea to NOT get rid of the 40GB, the market needed a $400 Blu-ray player, its probably what persuaded Warner Bothers into going Blu-ray exclusive as well.

@OriginalGTAMaster: What're you talking about? Its the 80GB PS3 that is being discontinued, not the 40GB!

I heard that the 40GB was actually going though...for good. I know that it was the 80GB that was staying because they're coming out with a new one, which is supposed to be larger than 80GB. It would be stupid to take away the 80GB and have the 40GB along with one at like 160GB. Too big of a difference.