Official Playstation Discussion

Harwood Butcher

@OriginalGTAMaster: What're you talking about? Its the 80GB PS3 that is being discontinued, not the 40GB!

I heard that the 40GB was actually going though...for good. I know that it was the 80GB that was staying because they're coming out with a new one, which is supposed to be larger than 80GB. It would be stupid to take away the 80GB and have the 40GB along with one at like 160GB. Too big of a difference.

The 40GB is going no where any time soon. Go to any Blu-ray forum, and ask them what Blu-ray player they have. 90% of the answers will be "PlayStation 3."

In the end, neither models are going anywhere. The 40GB is staying for sure (there hasn't even been a rumor of it being discontinued), and the 80GB will be back come June via the MGS4 + 80GB PS3 + DualShock 3 package.

It would also be nice to see Sony drop the 40GB's PS3 price down to $300 or $350. Just don't include the Spidy 3 BD or something.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@OriginalGTAMaster: What're you talking about? Its the 80GB PS3 that is being discontinued, not the 40GB!

I heard that the 40GB was actually going though...for good. I know that it was the 80GB that was staying because they're coming out with a new one, which is supposed to be larger than 80GB. It would be stupid to take away the 80GB and have the 40GB along with one at like 160GB. Too big of a difference.

The 40GB is going no where any time soon. Go to any Blu-ray forum, and ask them what Blu-ray player they have. 90% of the answers will be "PlayStation 3."

In the end, neither models are going anywhere. The 40GB is staying for sure (there hasn't even been a rumor of it being discontinued), and the 80GB will be back come June via the MGS4 + 80GB PS3 + DualShock 3 package.

It would also be nice to see Sony drop the 40GB's PS3 price down to $300 or $350. Just don't include the Spidy 3 BD or something.

Well it happened to the 20 GB and the 60 GB, so I think it could happen to the 40 GB. I'm still trying to figure out where I found that info.

Well it happened to the 20 GB and the 60 GB, so I think it could happen to the 40 GB. I'm still trying to figure out where I found that info.

Yeah, but the 20GB and 60GB sold like shit as compared to the 40GB selling like a champ. The only thing I could possibly see happening to it is a small upgrade in the hard drive, I really don't think they'd get rid of it. They really need that $400 model.

I now have a PS3, I just dont know how to get the wireless control working.

My PSN ID is GTADon. I pretty much have the same alias wherever I go. My controller is sorta fucked up, I need to connect the USB cable for it to turn on, otherwise it won't turn on properly, just those red lights start flashing. When I connect the cable and take it out, it still works; when I turn the PS3 on, I need to connect the USB cable for it to 'work'.

My PSN ID is GTADon. I pretty much have the same alias wherever I go. My controller is sorta fucked up, I need to connect the USB cable for it to turn on, otherwise it won't turn on properly, just those red lights start flashing. When I connect the cable and take it out, it still works; when I turn the PS3 on, I need to connect the USB cable for it to 'work'.

Do you leave your PS3 on standby? That might be your problem. If you leave it on standby then the controller continues to use the battery until it runs out. I tried to keep my PS3 on standby for the PSP connection thing, but when I got home the controller needed to be charged. If you leave it on standby, leave your controller plugged in.

You already have your PSN name on the first page of this topic(if you didn't know). Have you gotten any other games lately? All you have listed under your games are Resistance, MotorStorm and your GTAIV pre-order.

So it's just the 80GB PS3 with a game for 500 dollars?

Along with the new controller.

Well, yeah, but that's a given. You sort of need a controller to play.

HOME has been too overhyped in my opinion. To me it will dissapoint a lot of people, I am not saying its crap but theres been delay after delay, I doubt it will be finished this year. And to buy furniture with 'REAL' money is ridiculous, not many people will use home, if you could download the furniture for free it would be much better.

It may be a little ridiculous.... But imagine how many online games force you to pay for them, pay monthly, buy shit using real money, etc. On The Sims Online((which is very much like HOME)), you could do everything just like in The Sims, but you COULD buy more money with real money.

Now you know what I think would be a good idea? Points. Achieving points from doing certain things in games, and using those to buy your shit. Kind of like the aspiration points on The Sims 2, only it could be the main currency, and not a secondary one.

You guys call the models by the HDD size, and then MishoM says that the 40GB isn't going anywhere, but maybe it will get a hard drive upgrade? Wouldn't it no longer be the "40GB" then?

So it's just the 80GB PS3 with a game for 500 dollars?

Along with the new controller.

Well, yeah, but that's a given. You sort of need a controller to play.

I was talking about the new one with the Duel Shock.

HOME has been too overhyped in my opinion. To me it will dissapoint a lot of people, I am not saying its crap but theres been delay after delay, I doubt it will be finished this year. And to buy furniture with 'REAL' money is ridiculous, not many people will use home, if you could download the furniture for free it would be much better.

It may be a little ridiculous.... But imagine how many online games force you to pay for them, pay monthly, buy shit using real money, etc. On The Sims Online((which is very much like HOME)), you could do everything just like in The Sims, but you COULD buy more money with real money.

Now you know what I think would be a good idea? Points. Achieving points from doing certain things in games, and using those to buy your shit. Kind of like the aspiration points on The Sims 2, only it could be the main currency, and not a secondary one.

You guys call the models by the HDD size, and then MishoM says that the 40GB isn't going anywhere, but maybe it will get a hard drive upgrade? Wouldn't it no longer be the "40GB" then?

Why would online games force us to pay them? PSN is FREE!!!, :thumbsup:

I'm pretty sure you could unlock items and sell them as well, so you could make money on their without spending a dime.

I just heard from my friend that the 40GB is going. I'm not sure how true that is.

60 GB FTW. Has anyone played the Lost Planet: Online Demo? I played it, it wasn't that good, cos I kept on getting killed. It's an ok game though, although I wasn't sure if walking in the snow was a glitch or your feet are meant to sink into it.

Cmon Lost Planet is amazing, its a really good demo and porbably game. I was crap at first but I got used to it. Getting into them machine things helps you more.

I was talking about the new one with the Duel Shock.

Regardless of what controller it comes with, you still need one to play the games. And coming with the DS3 isn't anything special, they are probably switching over to it anyways.

Why would online games force us to pay them? PSN is FREE!!!, :thumbsup:

I'm pretty sure you could unlock items and sell them as well, so you could make money on their without spending a dime.

I just heard from my friend that the 40GB is going. I'm not sure how true that is.

I never said anything AT ALL about PSN or Playstation games... I said "online games". There are loads of online games for the PC that forces you to pay for things. Either you're into paying for your games or you're not.

I still see a reward points system being a good idea. Everyone would have a fair chance at making their HOME nice and enjoyable. No one would have to pay for anything BUT some games((and if you bought a GAME system without the intent of buying games... WTF?)), and you'd probably be working with games that you're good at, so you'd be able to earn points just as well as the next guy.

I still see a reward points system being a good idea. Everyone would have a fair chance at making their HOME nice and enjoyable. No one would have to pay for anything BUT some games((and if you bought a GAME system without the intent of buying games... WTF?)), and you'd probably be working with games that you're good at, so you'd be able to earn points just as well as the next guy.

But you have to remember, Home is free. Sony is going to make money off of what we buy for Home. I'm planning on spending around $60, depending on how much everything is. Since it's free, I find it a bargin until I pass $60 on stuff. I probably won't spend more than that.

I just hope my thoughts on how much everything will be is correct.

~Sorry for the double post~

Firmware Update: 2.17

This update isn't a big one or anything, but it does improve some of the online PS3 titles. So...go update it.

If you’ve signed in to the PLAYSTATION Network tonight on your PS3, you probably noticed that you were prompted to upgrade the system’s firmware to v2.17. In case you were wondering what it’s all about (and a quick Google search indicates that yes, you are) the operating stability of some online PS3 titles has been improved.

Hope that clears things up!

SOURCE

NOTE: If you want the PlayStation 3 font, which is also the Spiderman font, download the attachment to this post. I'll be editing some of the text on the beginning post with this font...so if you don't have the font it might look a little strange.

Do you leave your PS3 on standby? That might be your problem. If you leave it on standby then the controller continues to use the battery until it runs out. I tried to keep my PS3 on standby for the PSP connection thing, but when I got home the controller needed to be charged. If you leave it on standby, leave your controller plugged in.

You already have your PSN name on the first page of this topic(if you didn't know). Have you gotten any other games lately? All you have listed under your games are Resistance, MotorStorm and your GTAIV pre-order.

Nope, I turn the whole PS3 off and when I turn it on again, I need to connect the cable for the red lights to stop flashing. I forgot to mention Genji: Days Of The Blade. I think the first post needs an update, because DH and Ivan have PS3's now, and some people have changed their name as well.

I'm downloading the firmware update now. Thanks for telling me, otherwise I would never have gotten around to downloading it. :P

Nope, I turn the whole PS3 off and when I turn it on again, I need to connect the cable for the red lights to stop flashing. I forgot to mention Genji: Days Of The Blade. I think the first post needs an update, because DH and Ivan have PS3's now, and some people have changed their name as well.

Now? I bought my PS3 in the the first day, it came to Portugal.

Edited by IVAN ALEXANDROV

I'm downloading the firmware update now. Thanks for telling me, otherwise I would never have gotten around to downloading it. :P

...DH? If someone has changed their name, they have to post here and inform me about it or PM me. I'll update your games for you.

Now? I bought my PS3 in the the first day, it came to Portugal.

What's your PSN name and what games do you have?

Hey I'd like to be added to the first post, here are my PS details:

Forum Name: FallenClyro

PSN Name: Mpilk901

Games: R:FOM, The Orange Box, Warhawk, The Darkness, skate., PixelJunk Monsters, Need For Speed Carbon etc. (Only put a few in and then in brackets just make it say pm me if you want to know the rest, otherwise the table will be too big.)

Games: R:FOM, The Orange Box, Warhawk, The Darkness, skate., PixelJunk Monsters, Need For Speed Carbon etc. (Only put a few in and then in brackets just make it say pm me if you want to know the rest, otherwise the table will be too big.)

The table will adjust its self, so just list all of your games here.

EDIT: Are the following games online?

• The Orange Box (Consist of more than one game...right???)
  • Warhawk
  • The Darkness
  • PixelJunk Monsters

Edited by Original GTA Master

The table will adjust its self, so just list all of your games here.

EDIT: Are the following games online?

• The Orange Box (Consist of more than one game...right???) The Orange Box consists of 5 games, Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2 Episode 1, Half-Life 2 Episode 2, Portal and Team Fortress 2. Team Fortress 2 is online so yeh, the game IS online.
  • Warhawk The game is ONLY an online game, no single player
  • The Darkness Yep, its online
  • PixelJunk Monsters To a certain extent, yes. You can't play online but your scores go in an online table thing.

See Bold!

ALL of my games:

-Resistance: Fall Of Man (online)

-Need For Speed Carbon (online

-The Orange Box (online)

-Motorstorm (online)

-Warhawk (online)

-PixelJunk Monsters (online)

-skate. (online)

-The Darkness (online)

-LocoRoco Cocorencho (online)

(I think thats all of them, if theres anymore I'll tell you.)