Official Playstation Discussion

Harwood Butcher

Got a huge problem people, my internet is working fine with my computer but not my router anymore meaning I cant get online with the PS3, but now when I try to do an update via storage box it wont let me, maybe itmight be because I've always done them through the internet? Anyway I will be trying to get my router fixed before I get IV though.

I think you could get the update on the computer and transfer it to your PS3...not positive though.

The storage thing is where the update goes after you download it via the internet.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What the hell is a GAME ID? Like, PSN ID?

EDIT: Never mind, it's good.

Once I finally got all the updating and other stuff out of the way, I finally played the game, might I add: this game is freakin' awesome! The graphics are magnificent, the weapon audio is awesome and my character looks cool. Anyone who has a PS3 and has access to the internet on it, download this demo! NAO!

Edited by GTA Don

So if I live in Europe, wich I do, I don't need the code, just download it from PSN Store?

Yes, but then you might be prompted to update your version, I'm not sure if the PS Store updates the file when an update is released. After you update and restart the game, it should say something about a GAME ID when you sign in. Use that link Ciaran offered and go throught the signup steps Check your e-mail and confirm eveything. Then you have to go through the process of choosing your character name and features. After that, it's play time! The game is awesome, the graphics are awesome!

• 3 weeks later...

I've been hearing that Sony has integrated Youtube on the PlayStation 3 some how so that you could record game play.

Although, I'm getting the impression that it's only for later titles unless you begin recording gameplay by selecting an option in the in game PS options.

As soon as I find out the whole story on this, I'll let you know.

If anyone finds out the full info on this before me, then please post here.

I don't know about the youtube recording thing, but this is something I read recently...

According to the developer of Mainichi Issho, who recently posted up some info on the official blog, it's a pretty interesting option for anybody who wishes to do more with their PS3. Here's the rough translation of his comments:

"This isn't a function we developed ourselves. We merely implemented what came with PS3 as a standard feature. Although it requires one SPE, it provides the ability to record on HDD without modifying the existing code too much. Wonderful! Not only that, although it depends on the recording format, the maximum resolution you can record (with one SPE) is 640*360. For this monthly update, unfortunately, because the feature to upload movies to YouTube was more important, we had limitation on resolution and bit rate."

With everything the PS3 is capable of, it's not surprising to see such great new features arriving on a frequent basis. Of course, Sony continues to emphasize that they don't intend to ignore the gamer with the system, which is a good thing. On the other hand, they're also adding a few features that might satisfy every tech geek on the planet.

• 3 weeks later...

This might be some old news to some of you, but...

Sony Computer Entertainment America to Give Gamers Unprecedented Access with Qore™: Presented by PLAYSTATION®Network

New, Interactive Video Content for PLAYSTATION® Community Gives Access to Game Developers, Betas, Demos and Other Downloadable Content

FOSTER CITY, Calif., June 3rd, 2008 – Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) today announced that on June 5, 2008 it will introduce Qore™: Presented by PLAYSTATION®Network, a highly interactive, monthly original program that covers the world inside PlayStation®, available only on PLAYSTATION®Store for PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™). Qore features exclusive multimedia news, developer interviews, in-depth game previews and behind-the-scene looks at the hottest PLAYSTATION games. Subscribers will also have special access to game demos, betas, add-ons and other downloadable and game-related content. Qore is the first in a series of planned original content for the PLAYSTATION community by PLAYSTATION Network.

Qore episodes will be available the first Thursday of every month in coordination with the weekly PLAYSTATION Store update. Customers can purchase the first episode of Qore through the PLAYSTATION Store for an introductory price of $2.99 (MSRP), or through an annual subscription for $24.99 (MSRP). Annual subscribers will receive thirteen episodes of Qore. In addition, for a limited-time-only, annual subscribers will also receive the hit PLAYSTATION Network game, Calling All Cars™, for free.

Delivered in high-definition, Qore is truly interactive, enabling members to customize their experience with their SIXAXIS™ or DUALSHOCK®3 wireless controllers. Gamers will “act as the director” of the content and can access and control how they want to view content, utilizing multiple windows, picture-in-picture and other features. Qore alsoprovides advertisers with a new class of interactive advertising through rich media executions, video trailers, active ad pages and contextual branding.

“Original content, community-related services and innovative products are a major focus for the PLAYSTATION Network this year and we are pleased to introduce Qore exclusively for our customers,” said Peter Dille, Senior Vice President of Marketing and PLAYSTATION Network, SCEA. “Qore is the first step in providing original content dedicated to the PLAYSTATION community and evolving the network into a place where our customers can gather, share and discover new forms of entertainment.”

Premiering on June 5, the first episode includes in-depth, exclusive and never-before released content on upcoming PlayStation titles such as SOCOM:US. Navy SEALs Confrontation™, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed™, Secret Agent Clank™, Soul Calibur 4™ and Afro Samurai™ as well as the latest Blu-ray Disc™ trailers, an exclusive SOCOM: Confrontation theme with an invitation to the SOCOM: Confrontation beta, art galleries and a few other surprises.

Qore is produced and published by SCEA and under an exclusive development agreement with Future US, Inc., publisher of PlayStation: The Official Magazine.

About PLAYSTATION®Network

The PLAYSTATION®Network is an emergent entertainment network aimed at digitally delivering innovative content and fostering community for a worldwide audience. The PLAYSTATION Network is the gateway to the PLAYSTATION®Store, PlayStation.com, and SCEA’s upcoming services such as, PLAYSTATION®Home. In addition to offering new and original forms of entertainment, the PLAYSTATION®Network supports free and community-centric online gameplay, communications tools, and PSP and PS3 connectivity. As of April 2008, the PLAYSTATION Network has more than 8M registered accounts worldwide.

About Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc.

Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. continues to redefine the entertainment lifestyle with its PlayStation® and PS one® game console, the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) handheld entertainment system, the ground-breaking PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™) computer entertainment system, and its online and network services, PLAYSTATION®Network and PLAYSTATION®Store.

Recognized as the undisputed industry leader, Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. markets the PlayStation family of products and develops, publishes, markets, and distributes software for the PS one game console, the PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system, the PSP system and the PS3 system for the North American market. Based in Foster City, Calif. Sony Computer Entertainment America, Inc. serves as headquarters for all North American operations and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

SOURCE

There's a big rumour going around that in-game XMB and the trophies system (similiar to the achievements on 360) will be coming with the update 2.40 in around July. Fingers crossed!

Has anybody not listened to the reviews and bought Haze? I just bought it now and I'm going to try it out, I'll tell you what it's like.

Heard its rubbish. I advise you don't buy it.

No wait... :P

It's pretty fun! It really scared me at one bit. The whole mantel nectar conspiracy is really gripping when suddenly your administartor stops working and you see dead bodies, blood and everything. I'm glad I bought it and can't wait to try out the multiplayer.

But anybody who is a next-gen freak and hates a game which doesn't have as good graphics as COD4, don't buy it. It's a real fun game though.

Anyone bought MGS4???

It's great, best game in the PS3 imo. Got done with act 1 last night, I won't spoil it for anyone cos if someone spoiled it to me I'd be shit furious.

They all die in the end.

I never was intrested in MGS4, probaly because I had never played any of the previous titles and it sounds like you need to to understand whats going on. Lol, I bought Haze the day everyone else was buying MGS4 :P

Firmware (v2.36) coming soon, (v2.40) to include trophies, in-game XMB

+ Posted by Eric Lempel // Director, PlayStation Network Operations

A new PLAYSTATION 3 firmware update (v2.36) will be launching soon, improving system stability when playing select PlayStation format software titles. We’re also happy to officially report that the 2.40 system software update for PS3 will include “XMB” access in-game. The update will also include “trophies,” an exciting new feature that we’ll be providing more details on soon, as well as some other new enhancements. We’ve talked about some of this on the blog previously and know that many of you can’t wait to get your hands on these features. You can expect us to share all of the official details shortly.

SOURCE

Edited by Original GTA Master

Firmware (v2.36) coming soon, (v2.40) to include trophies, in-game XMB

+ Posted by Eric Lempel // Director, PlayStation Network Operations

A new PLAYSTATION 3 firmware update (v2.36) will be launching soon, improving system stability when playing select PlayStation format software titles. We’re also happy to officially report that the 2.40 system software update for PS3 will include “XMB” access in-game. The update will also include “trophies,” an exciting new feature that we’ll be providing more details on soon, as well as some other new enhancements. We’ve talked about some of this on the blog previously and know that many of you can’t wait to get your hands on these features. You can expect us to share all of the official details shortly.

SOURCE

Oh my GOD! The wait is over! I can't wait, this is going to be absolutely amazing. I love you Eric (and OGTAM for posting this)! I'm away to put music on my PS3 now :D

EDIT: I just found some...

Pictures of the In-Game XMB and Trophies, taken from Bioshock.

pstrophiesb.jpg

EDIT 2: Judging from the photos, it looks like the date and time is now displayed on the PS3 XMB, something I've also wanted. Sony is now listening, this is great.

Edited by FallenClyro