Official Playstation Discussion

Harwood Butcher

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just one question when will the 2.40 version of the game be available to update. I hope its before July. Anyway I played Metal Gear Solid at a mates house and its really good, though I've kinda lost interest in the series.

No release date has been announced, but they say you can expect it "very soon".

Just one question when will the 2.40 version of the game be available to update. I hope its before July. Anyway I played Metal Gear Solid at a mates house and its really good, though I've kinda lost interest in the series.

Didn't they say something like that in a trailer...for...uhh...what was the name of that thing again...oh yeah, Home.

Didn't they say something like that in a trailer...for...uhh...what was the name of that thing again...oh yeah, Home.

Haha, good point there... But I mean there is videos of it working, I'm guessing it will be next month that it comes out.

Walkthrough of 2.40: In-Game XMB

Hi everyone! We know you’re all patiently waiting for the next PS3 firmware update, v2.40, which includes XMB access in-game and Trophy support. The good news is that it’s coming soon, and you can now see how accessing the XMB from in-game will work in this video demo.

Click here for video walkthrough.

Shortly, we’ll be posting another video here on the PlayStation.Blog that shows the Trophy feature in action for the first time. At that time we’ll provide even more details on how firmware v2.40 will enhance your PLAYSTATION 3 experience.

Edited by FallenClyro

v2.40 was released today. The friends feature has been improved drastically. There is now a trophies section under the saved data utility. Last but not least, in-game access to in-game XMB. However, the icons do take really long to load, hope Sony fixes this.

Uhhh...what the hell are you talking about? I wasn't prompted to update and I'm still at v2.36.

EDIT: I came across an answer to my confusion.

As has been reported on many gaming blogs and websites, we have temporarily taken Firmware v2.40 offline. We’ve received a limited number of calls from consumers experiencing an issue with installing the system software update on their PS3. While our consumer services department has seen a low volume of calls on this topic, we are committed to providing the PS3 community with XMB access features delivered in the v2.40 update. We are working diligently to isolate the problem for those few consumers and to identify a solution before we put the firmware back up.

We’ll provide further information as necessary here on the Blog.

SOURCE

Edited by Original GTA Master

• 2 weeks later...

The only thing that I wish best out of a PS3 is just to play the games, watch HD movies , and just listen to music and go online. Thats it. None of all of that update crap, and end up damaging your PS3. I have to say that the PS2 is 1% better. You only keep your PS3 for about 4 - 5 months with out it having to break and having to get serviced for 2 weeks. Please sony no more updates!

The only thing that I wish best out of a PS3 is just to play the games, watch HD movies , and just listen to music and go online. Thats it. None of all of that update crap, and end up damaging your PS3. I have to say that the PS2 is 1% better. You only keep your PS3 for about 4 - 5 months with out it having to break and having to get serviced for 2 weeks. Please sony no more updates!

WTF are you talking about?

My PS3 never fucked up and I got it when it came out.

The PS3 breaks as the same as the 360.

The PS3 breaks as the same as the 360.

That's so not true.

My PS3 is in perfect condition, a bit dusty admitedly but nothing broken so far, blu-ray player works fine only on an LCD TV though and my connection to the internet is good although I got to admit I hate the updates, they take far too long and get annoying at times, they should make updates every 3 months or so.