Harwood Butcher

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just bought 4 PS3 games (don't sell them where I live).

I got:

•Burnout Paradise

•Sid Miers Civilisation Revolution

•COD4: GOTY Edition

•Rainbow 6 Vegas 2

Also bought a wireless headset (beats the playstation eye). Anyone else bought anything for their PS3 over the summer?

• 4 weeks later...
Anyone here know how to put save game data from one PS3 to another?

My old one doesn't play games any more so I got a new one, but I want to get the data off my old one and onto my new one.

Help?

i dont know if this will help but, un the downloads section there is saved games for GTAIV ps3, that you put from your computer to ps3, maybe it will work opposite, put the saves on your pc, then on your new ps3, just an idea

EDIT: or is it possible to 'copy' the saves to a pen drive on your old ps3, then put the pen drive in the new ps3 and copy the saves over that way

Edited by claude-5

My old one doesn't play games any more so I got a new one, but I want to get the data off my old one and onto my new one.

Help?

You can use a USB Drive, that's how I saved mines.

A memory stick duo can work also.

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Memory-Stick...1/dp/B0006TI9WG

41MZ3teSYPL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

This thing is truly hideous. I though MS's keypad was crap and impractical.

Proofs.

Actually...I'd like to have one of those. It'd be very useful...I don't really care what it looks like. It's not like you wear it. :P

I think the design is much better than the 360's keypad because with that on I imagine it was uncomfortable to play with but with Sony's it goes above where you play so you can keep it on while you play :) And it has nifty shortcuts to your friend list and message box. I'm buying it.

Good job Sony!

Help?

I know other people have said the same thing, but try popping all your saves onto either a memory stick or external hard drive, then putting them on the other PS3. When I had to wipe my hard drive to free up space - haven't upgraded it from the paltry 40 Gigs yet, it was so easy to get them all back onto the HD, although that only involved 1 PS3, not sure if it's different with 2 or more.

@ Llama, Jesus Christ, that keyboard is hideous. If it's functional though, I might get one...

EDIT: BTW, all of you who've posted your PSN IDs, I'll be sending out friend requests imminently, make sure to either accept it or add me as a friend, please. :)

Edited by The Bossman

Well I'm very proud to say that I have 14 Trophies! All are from the Warhawk 1.50 patch. I am now Level 2 also which is pretty cool.

13 of them are Bronze and 1 of them is a Silver, working towards a Gold now. It is such a good feeling when you get your very 1st trophy, I was extremely happy!

Has anybody else got any trophies?

They work very similiar to the 360's achievements. Small awards like say for example "Achieve a 3 kill streak" would be a Bronze trophy. More trickier ones would be "Achieve a KDR of 10.0" and you get a Silver trophy. Same goes for Gold.

There is also the legendary Platinum trophy! These are very hard to get and will require time and patience.

There is also a Levels system. The more trophies you have, the higher level you are. The more valuable the trophy, the more it adds towards your next level.

The game developers design the trophies, same as the achievements. But there is no large numbers with the trophy system, it just shows you how many trophies you have, how many bronze, silver, gold etc you have and whatever level you are.

PSN gives you the ability to compare trophies with your friends. It shows all the games that you and your friend have achieved trophies on and you can see side by side if your friend has achieved one you not have.

Probably not the best explanation but it gives you an idea. If you want a better idea you could probably find a video showing how it works.

Edited by FallenClyro