Official Playstation Discussion

Harwood Butcher

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

None of my games have received any updates for the trophies, imo they're overrated. :P

EDIT: Has anyone updated their Folding@Home yet? I'm just doing it now, they've renamed it to Life With Playstation or something.

Yeah I tried that last night, nothing was there! It just opened 1.31 of Folding@Home like normal!

Oh well I did really good in COD4 last night but it's time to leave that game for a bit and focus more on Warhawk and Burnout Paradise!

I still haven't bought MGS4...

Edited by FallenClyro

You really should. It's an amazing game and really cheap right now, like 24.99 GBP on Amazon.co.uk. About the Folding@Home thing, try updating your PS3 firmware. It's not compulsory that's why it doesn't show up when you start the game. I think I did that before the Folding@Home update.

I'll probably buy it when it hits Platinum or when I next go to the UK so I can buy it pre-owned. And thanks for the folding tip, will do that now.

I got a question everyone.. is it realy normal for your Playstation 3 to get extreemly hot in about 8 minutes? It makes the room you are in hot. Is this normal?

Husky, try doing this (I do it every month). Unplug everything from your PS3 and set it standing upright on a table, Blow hard through every single air vent and then get a straw and blow through that into the corners, USB slots, disc tray etc. If your up for it I suggest using a small hoover on it. It's hard to describe but use one of those add-ons which makes the end of the hoover a small pipe. Put that against all the big air vents.

There you go! Your PS3 will be almost 5X more quieter! I do this all time so don't worry about damaging it, but it's up to you if you want to do that. It REALLY helps mine because I live in a very hot country and things get dusty here very easily.

Oh, and also make sure your PS3 is in a nice open area. If you have your PS3 on a carpet, you might want to move it onto some hard floor or stand it upright. If its just on a normal floor lay it horizontally. This works because hot air travels up and if the PS3 is more spread out the whole console will generate less heat. But if you have it on a carpet the soft carpet material will have more places for it to get hotter thus your PS3 getting hotter. Get it? :P

Me and FallenClyro played COD4 the other day, might have been 2 days ago. I performed pretty good, usually I'm quite inconsistent - top after one match, mid table the next, then bottom for 2 or 3 games after that, then top again, etc. This time though, I finished 1st twice in the Ground War matches, with like 6 or more kills above 2nd place, which was great. :)

Also, I bought R&C Future: Tools of Destruction today. I was going to get either Dark Sector or Ratchet, but seeing as Sector is quite short, and Ratchet has replay value, I got that instead. Haven't played it yet, been busy with other things. It was part of the Platinum range, £20 each. There were other games at £20 as well, not in the Platinum range - Dark Sector the main choice, the others were crappy games like Chronicles Of Narnia.

After about an hour of R&C, I'll be online again. I'm enjoying it while it lasts, tomorrow I have a Returners Meeting at Uni, and then I go back properly on the 30th, 3 days a week.

Me and FallenClyro played COD4 the other day, might have been 2 days ago. I performed pretty good, usually I'm quite inconsistent - top after one match, mid table the next, then bottom for 2 or 3 games after that, then top again, etc. This time though, I finished 1st twice in the Ground War matches, with like 6 or more kills above 2nd place, which was great. :)

Also, I bought R&C Future: Tools of Destruction today. I was going to get either Dark Sector or Ratchet, but seeing as Sector is quite short, and Ratchet has replay value, I got that instead. Haven't played it yet, been busy with other things. It was part of the Platinum range, £20 each. There were other games at £20 as well, not in the Platinum range - Dark Sector the main choice, the others were crappy games like Chronicles Of Narnia.

After about an hour of R&C, I'll be online again. I'm enjoying it while it lasts, tomorrow I have a Returners Meeting at Uni, and then I go back properly on the 30th, 3 days a week.

Yeah you did amazing, I played crap haha. Sometimes I'm good, sometimes I'm bad.

Been playing Warhawk alot recently and I've gotten back into it (not like my addiction before :(). But for some strange reason I want to play COD4 now... Must... Resist...

Edit: Wow! I just had I think my best game yet on COD4, 22 kills and 9 deaths! I racked up about 1100Xp too.

Edited by FallenClyro

• 2 weeks later...

Nope, you lucky bastard. However, a dude who added me on his friends list says he's willing to offer me some of his stuff, if I buy some more things from the store, including the LittleBigPlanet beta. I've bought the Variety Map pack so far for COD4.

BTW, the PES2009 demo is now out on the PSN store, you can now download that demo and the FIFA 09 demo and work out which one to buy this year. I haven't even played the PES demo and I've bought FIFA 09, I know I made the right choice.

How the hell do you get into this stuff? I signed up to Playstation Underground and I still haven't received any emails. Clyro, you don't deserve the Motorstorm 2 demo. :P Yeah, I'm about to download the PES demo now,

To be honest I have no idea how I got in, I'm never on PSU either. Maybe it was because I bought the old one or something...? Wierd.

Just played a game on Sid Meirs Civilisation Revolution, you gotta love that game (except the staying up for an extra 2 hours part).

Edited by FallenClyro

The PES demo is good, quite slow paced, but it's alright. It still doesn't feel like football, the 8 directions you can run in make it feel fake, and I know FIFA is the same but the animations in that game are much better than PES's. The shooting is good, but the defenders close down quickly, and the passing could be better. I liked it, but I've kind of moved on from PES now. I got FIFA 09 the other day, and that's what a Football game should be about. It's completely changed from last years version. The passing moves are fast and slick, you can score long range belters - I scored a few with Berbatov and Rooney, it's fun to pass the ball around and build up your attacks, and online is excellent - the 10 vs 10 online play is superb, if a little laggy, but that's to be expected. 1 on 1 games are great as well.

I might download the Bioshock demo this evening, I'm rather busy with Uni work now.

Bossman goota disagree totally with you, FIFA has once against ruined itself, last year it was very good and changed for the good but now its when to its old habbits, I played it for a while at my mates, and if you are big name player like Rooney or Berbatov you will 9 times out of 10 score when you shoot inside the box, graphics and all that are top notch but gameplay aint that good. Haven't played the PES demo but i'll be getting that instead, heard its meant to be good but i'll have to download the demo. Plus PES has all the Champions League format I heard.