Official Playstation Discussion

Harwood Butcher

Wow, a friend of mine got 2 codes for the Little Big Planet Beta, she gave one of them to me. How nice is that? This game is absolutely amazing. Some of the levels people make are really astonishing! This is next on my games-to-buy list for sure.

So erm...

BUY IT!

I just got an E-mail about the LBP Beta and I'm downloading it right now.

I'm surprised that I got in the beta and I'm extremely pumped to try it out.

This is the only thing I could play because of my messed up Blu ray player...I still haven't sent in my PS3...obviously.

The only suckish thing is that I'm leaving for my dad's tomorrow for classes on Wednesday and Thursday and then I work on Thursday and only have Friday to play the beta, besides tonight.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Get a load of this bullshit, I called up Sony so I could send in my fucked up PS3 and I had to go through this 30-minute procedure just to get my card declined.

I'm so pissed off right now. I finally got enough money to pay for the damn thing to get fixed and now I can't.

Damn, that sucks. Insult them and shit just for the lulz.

Bossman goota disagree totally with you, FIFA has once against ruined itself, last year it was very good and changed for the good but now its when to its old habbits, I played it for a while at my mates, and if you are big name player like Rooney or Berbatov you will 9 times out of 10 score when you shoot inside the box, graphics and all that are top notch but gameplay aint that good. Haven't played the PES demo but i'll be getting that instead, heard its meant to be good but i'll have to download the demo. Plus PES has all the Champions League format I heard.

And, in turn, I have to disagree with you also. I've played the PES 2009 demo numerous times, and it's crap. The gameplay is now slow and clunky, even worse than last years versions. ATM, PES is a joke. I wouldn't even bother with the demo, waste of bandwidth. They HAVE fixed the slowdown in the replays, but solving a problem that shouldn't have existed in the first place, then expecting you to pay £40 for a game even worse than the previous version, is stupid. FIFA, on the other hand, is now the better football game. The ball bobbles around like it should, passing moves can be quick and incisive or slow and deliberate, and the shooting is much improved upon from last years version, when all you could do was score tap-ins and nothing else. And just because PES has the pretty CL logo, trophy and the music, doesn't mean it's the better game. The commentary is abysmal, the graphics are barely above average, the gameplay is sub-standard, there are LESS licenses than before, the A.I is still brain dead, and the ball physics are non existent.

You can score great goals with any player in FIFA, if you're skilled enough at the game. Just because 9 times out of 10 you score with a big name player in the area, doesn't mean the game is too easy. It just shows the gulf in class between skilled and average players. Trust me, if you play the full version of FIFA 09 for a few hours, the line between real and videogame football narrows significantly. It's the best football game I've ever played, and that's a huge compliment.

Bossman goota disagree totally with you, FIFA has once against ruined itself, last year it was very good and changed for the good but now its when to its old habbits, I played it for a while at my mates, and if you are big name player like Rooney or Berbatov you will 9 times out of 10 score when you shoot inside the box, graphics and all that are top notch but gameplay aint that good. Haven't played the PES demo but i'll be getting that instead, heard its meant to be good but i'll have to download the demo. Plus PES has all the Champions League format I heard.

And, in turn, I have to disagree with you also. I've played the PES 2009 demo numerous times, and it's crap. The gameplay is now slow and clunky, even worse than last years versions. ATM, PES is a joke. I wouldn't even bother with the demo, waste of bandwidth. They HAVE fixed the slowdown in the replays, but solving a problem that shouldn't have existed in the first place, then expecting you to pay £40 for a game even worse than the previous version, is stupid. FIFA, on the other hand, is now the better football game. The ball bobbles around like it should, passing moves can be quick and incisive or slow and deliberate, and the shooting is much improved upon from last years version, when all you could do was score tap-ins and nothing else. And just because PES has the pretty CL logo, trophy and the music, doesn't mean it's the better game. The commentary is abysmal, the graphics are barely above average, the gameplay is sub-standard, there are LESS licenses than before, the A.I is still brain dead, and the ball physics are non existent.

You can score great goals with any player in FIFA, if you're skilled enough at the game. Just because 9 times out of 10 you score with a big name player in the area, doesn't mean the game is too easy. It just shows the gulf in class between skilled and average players. Trust me, if you play the full version of FIFA 09 for a few hours, the line between real and videogame football narrows significantly. It's the best football game I've ever played, and that's a huge compliment.

I agree with you. I used to love PES but since 08 it has been crap( specially PS3 and 360 version). I think I'll be getting FIFA.

Dead Space looks amazing! Can't wait for it.

PlayStation 3 Firmware 2.5 Details:

PlayStation 3 Firmware 2.50 adds something else we've been looking forward to: in-game screenshots.

Furthermore, on top of being able to snap your own shots, there is now an advanced voice chat feature for the official PS3 bluetooth headset. The advanced features include on-screen indicator's of the bluetooth's battery life, volume, enabling a high-quality mode, and muting the device.

Enhancements to the Trophy system have also been made to make the interface "more intuitive."

Also in the update:

Video Scene Thumbs - A video scene search functionality will provide thumbnails to help you find a particular scene in a video more easily.

Information Board - The Information Board will be able to include direct links to PlayStation Store, making it easier for PS3 owners to download content that they read about on the Information Board.

Power save - PS3 owners will have the option to automatically shut-off their console or controllers after pre-selected periods of inactivity.

Edited by FallenClyro

The update seems good, but it means nothing to me until I get my PS3 fixed.

I want to play it SO BAD!!!

I felt so left out with all the GTAIV stuff going on.

I know right, imagine how fun in-game screenshots are going to be :D Don't worry OGTAM I'll post some up here just to make you miss it even more.

YOU BASTARD!!! :P

It's begun! The big season for the PS3 has arrived and I can't keep track of it all. There's far too many games coming out and I can't decide which one to get. I think I'll first of all buy Fallout 3 and then after that? Who knows?

What games are you guys planning on buying or have already bought recently?