Official Playstation Discussion

Harwood Butcher

Should I get LittleBigPlanet or Midnight Club: LA? I hear both games are excellent so yeah I'm confused. Also my new PSN ID is Waliur. Add me nao... OR ELSE.

Midnigt club: LA might be a great racing game but when compared to something like LittleBigPlanet then it isn't that great. If I were you I'd choose LBP.

Edited by Ivan

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's begun! The big season for the PS3 has arrived and I can't keep track of it all. There's far too many games coming out and I can't decide which one to get. I think I'll first of all buy Fallout 3 and then after that? Who knows?

What games are you guys planning on buying or have already bought recently?

I'm planning on getting Little Big Planet, Midnight Club: LA, Shaun White Snowboarding, Resistance 2 and possibly some others...I can't think of any other games right now though.

Nope. I guess I was one of the lucky ones and got my 60GB last year.

ps3s fucking suck, why cant all models support it, the 20gb even does why not 40gb, sony are wrose then MS :bashhead:

So because it doesn't have backwards compatability that instantly makes the PS3 suck? If you wanted BC then you should of got the 80GB. The 40GB is just for people want to play PS3 games and it's also much cheaper.

ps3s fucking suck, why cant all models support it, the 20gb even does why not 40gb, sony are wrose then MS :bashhead:

So because it doesn't have backwards compatability that instantly makes the PS3 suck? If you wanted BC then you should of got the 80GB. The 40GB is just for people want to play PS3 games and it's also much cheaper.

they can at least do an update or something, MS do it, im annoyed cuz my ps2 died, ps3s are an overrated let down, but i still love it :D

they can at least do an update or something, MS do it, im annoyed cuz my ps2 died, ps3s are an overrated let down, but i still love it :D

They said they were looking in to doing that. Anyway no offense but you should of made sure it could play PS2 games before you bought it.

Anyway I have a 60GB and I would never change it for another console so nuh! *Runs away like a little child*

They said they were looking in to doing that. Anyway no offense but you should of made sure it could play PS2 games before you bought it.

Anyway I have a 60GB and I would never change it for another console so nuh! *Runs away like a little child*

Exactly.

Claude, please don't come here bitching about the PS3.

The 60GB had a certain piece of hardware that was expensive and also caused some systems to fail. I'm not sure if that's the case with mine, cause the Blu-ray player fucked up, but you never know.

The 40GB and 80GB PS3s are actually better in some aspects.

...besides, why would you want to play PS2 games? PLAY PS3 GAMES!!!

If you really wanted to play PS2 games, get a new PS2. They don't cost much anymore.

The 60GB had a certain piece of hardware that was expensive and also caused some systems to fail. I'm not sure if that's the case with mine, cause the Blu-ray player fucked up, but you never know.

If you really wanted to play PS2 games, get a new PS2. They don't cost much anymore.

i got it originally 2 play ps3 games xD, but now my ps2 is bust, i cant play em :(, they really should do a BC update tho, and i bought it for £150 mates rates, i didnt care bout ps3 games back den cuz my ps2 worked, but now it dont :(

Edited by claude-5

There are still some badass games on PS2, and they are MGS2, MGS3, All GTA Series (Well from III to SA), Tekken 4 & 5 and alot more. I think buying a new PS2 is a waste of money, I mean if you want to play PS3 and PS2 games, just get a PS3. Plus, My brothers friend said that he's going to give my bro his PS3 since he's studying and stuff, and doesn't want to keep playing it. So I might finally be able to play a PS3! But there's a downfall, it only has one game, and that's PES 08'. :( Although it's a pretty damn good game, I'm kinda getting tired of playing football games.

Oh and I heard from my cousin that they are soon selling 160GB PS3's, or have they? If they are, I might be interested in buying it. But I just need to know if you guys think it's right or wrong. All things appreciated. :)

i got it originally 2 play ps3 games xD, but now my ps2 is bust, i cant play em :(, they really should do a BC update tho, and i bought it for £150 mates rates, i didnt care bout ps3 games back den cuz my ps2 worked, but now it dont :(

I don't think it's a software problem. So don't get your hopes up on a backwards-compatible update.

ps3s fucking suck, why cant all models support it, the 20gb even does why not 40gb, sony are worse then MS :bashhead:

Agree. Lol.

I know I am gunna be slated for what I'm about to say but really when I first played on a PS3 on holiday, apart from the graphics, it isn't that different to the PS2.

ps3s fucking suck, why cant all models support it, the 20gb even does why not 40gb, sony are worse then MS :bashhead:

Agree. Lol.

I know I am gunna be slated for what I'm about to say but really when I first played on a PS3 on holiday, apart from the graphics, it isn't that different to the PS2.

not by me of course, ps3 is a good console but its nothing when compared to the 360, its fanboyism, but its true

Edited by claude-5

Agree. Lol.

See bold: I don't really understand how you can say that, I mean the power literally rapes the PS2's to the floor. You can have that many more objects on the screen, much more happening etc. Same goes for the 360, the consoles are just more powerful. You can't really say the gameplay is the same to the PS2's because thats up to the developers of the game.

There are also more ways to interact with games e.g: online, sixaxis etc.

There are still some badass games on PS2, and they are MGS2, MGS3, All GTA Series (Well from III to SA), Tekken 4 & 5 and alot more. I think buying a new PS2 is a waste of money, I mean if you want to play PS3 and PS2 games, just get a PS3. Plus, My brothers friend said that he's going to give my bro his PS3 since he's studying and stuff, and doesn't want to keep playing it. So I might finally be able to play a PS3! But there's a downfall, it only has one game, and that's PES 08'. sad.gif Although it's a pretty damn good game, I'm kinda getting tired of playing football games.

Oh and I heard from my cousin that they are soon selling 160GB PS3's, or have they? If they are, I might be interested in buying it. But I just need to know if you guys think it's right or wrong. All things appreciated. smile.gif

Yep, there going to start releasing a 160GB console. It comes with a Dualshock 3 I think and you get a 20$ PSN card or something like that to spend on the store. Looks good!

Hehe, I completed Uncharted today on Normal difficulty. And I got it 2 days ago. Not bad. Pretty fun game, might try and complete it again on hard, and try get some more trophies.

I love that game, very close to Platinum but I need to complete it on Crushing difficulty which is VERY hard. Anyone played the Mirror's Edge demo? Its on the PS Store now. It's amazing! Going to ask my brother to pre-order it for me for Christmas.

Hope your all getting your GTA trophies! I think Bossman has the most so far.

EDIT: Hey GTADon and Bossman, good fun on GTA last night! Where did you go GTADon? You were in the game but not moving, me and Bossman were having fun with the swing glitch.

Edited by FallenClyro

Agree. Lol.

Haha, you are either an idiot or blind. The PS3 is way different.

Anyway, I had to get Fallout 3 and Far Cry 2 for the 360 because the PS3 version is inferior. I don't understand why this happens, since the PS3 is supposed to have more power.

Anyway, I had to get Fallout 3 and Far Cry 2 for the 360 because the PS3 version is inferior. I don't understand why this happens, since the PS3 is supposed to have more power.

Huh? I thought you didn't have a 360? Anyway, the 360 versions are better because thats the console they were developed on. The PS3 version is just a port so it's usually bound to have some glitchy sections.

Edited by FallenClyro

Huh? I thought you didn't have a 360? Anyway, the 360 versions are better because thats the console they were developed on. The PS3 version is just a port so it's usually bound to have some glitchy sections.

I thought a port was when a game was released in another console after some time.

Both versions were released the same day.