Official Playstation Discussion

Harwood Butcher

Haha, you are either an idiot or blind. The PS3 is way different.

Anyway, I had to get Fallout 3 and Far Cry 2 for the 360 because the PS3 version is inferior. I don't understand why this happens, since the PS3 is supposed to have more power.

Huh? I thought you didn't have a 360? Anyway, the 360 versions are better because thats the console they were developed on. The PS3 version is just a port so it's usually bound to have some glitchy sections.

I thought a port was when a game was released in another console after some time.

Both versions were released the same day.

What I mean is that is was developed on the 360 and most of the things were just transferred to the PS3 version. If that made sense...

It's like that with quite a few games, shame really.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hehe, I completed Uncharted today on Normal difficulty. And I got it 2 days ago. Not bad. Pretty fun game, might try and complete it again on hard, and try get some more trophies.

I love that game, very close to Platinum but I need to complete it on Crushing difficulty which is VERY hard. Anyone played the Mirror's Edge demo? Its on the PS Store now. It's amazing! Going to ask my brother to pre-order it for me for Christmas.

Hope your all getting your GTA trophies! I think Bossman has the most so far.

EDIT: Hey GTADon and Bossman, good fun on GTA last night! Where did you go GTADon? You were in the game but not moving, me and Bossman were having fun with the swing glitch.

Aww man, I had to go and eat, guess I forgot to pause. I pretty much pwned u when I stabbed you both in the beginning. Tee-hee. Should definitely do that again, I need a few more multiplayer trophies. After I ate, you guys were gone, and I was randomly entered into a GTA Race. I had a Super GT whilst most of the others had Infernuses and Banshees. Anyway, I won. Woo!

Hehe, I completed Uncharted today on Normal difficulty. And I got it 2 days ago. Not bad. Pretty fun game, might try and complete it again on hard, and try get some more trophies.

I love that game, very close to Platinum but I need to complete it on Crushing difficulty which is VERY hard. Anyone played the Mirror's Edge demo? Its on the PS Store now. It's amazing! Going to ask my brother to pre-order it for me for Christmas.

Hope your all getting your GTA trophies! I think Bossman has the most so far.

EDIT: Hey GTADon and Bossman, good fun on GTA last night! Where did you go GTADon? You were in the game but not moving, me and Bossman were having fun with the swing glitch.

Aww man, I had to go and eat, guess I forgot to pause. I pretty much pwned u when I stabbed you both in the beginning. Tee-hee. Should definitely do that again, I need a few more multiplayer trophies. After I ate, you guys were gone, and I was randomly entered into a GTA Race. I had a Super GT whilst most of the others had Infernuses and Banshees. Anyway, I won. Woo!

Haha yeah of course! I'll go against you in a race, we'll see who wins...

I want to buy Fallout 3, but I don't have the time to go to my game shop, yes I'm that lazy! Got 2 trophies online in GTA today when playing with some friends. I got Let Sleeping Rockstars Die (don't know how I got that, was only me and 2 of my friends) and one for ranking up even though I didn't rank up ^_^. I'm really enjoying the story again.

PS: It's FallenClyro, I changed my name back to Mpilk901.

I want to buy Fallout 3, but I don't have the time to go to my game shop, yes I'm that lazy! Got 2 trophies online in GTA today when playing with some friends. I got Let Sleeping Rockstars Die (don't know how I got that, was only me and 2 of my friends) and one for ranking up even though I didn't rank up ^_^. I'm really enjoying the story again.

Any new games?

Any new games?

Yeah quite a few. First things first though, change my user name to Mpilk901.

New games:

-COD4

-GTAIV[sE]

-BP (Burnout Paradise)

-MS

-Uncharted: Drakes Fortune

-Sid Meirs Civilisation Revolution

-Rainbow 6 Vegas 2

Also, can you remove NFSC from my game list? I traded it in.

Any new games?

Yeah quite a few. First things first though, change my user name to Mpilk901.

New games:

-COD4

-GTAIV[sE]

-BP (Burnout Paradise)

-MS

-Uncharted: Drakes Fortune

-Sid Meirs Civilisation Revolution

-Rainbow 6 Vegas 2

Also, can you remove NFSC from my game list? I traded it in.

Ok, I'll change all of that as soon as I get home. If I try editing the topic now, I'll most likely screw something up with the computer I'm currently using.

So what game should I get first out of the following list?

• Little Big Planet
  • Midnight Club: LA
  • Motorstorm
  • Resistance 2
  • Shaun White Snowboarding

Ok, I'll change all of that as soon as I get home. If I try editing the topic now, I'll most likely screw something up with the computer I'm currently using.

* Little Big Planet

* Midnight Club: LA

* Motorstorm

* Resistance 2

* Shaun White Snowboarding

Resistance 2 has gotten REALLY good reviews, I'd go with that if I were you. I'm hoping to get it for Christmas.

* Little Big Planet

* Motorstorm

* Resistance 2

Resistance 2 has gotten REALLY good reviews, I'd go with that if I were you. I'm hoping to get it for Christmas.

Should I get the collector's edition?

* Little Big Planet

* Motorstorm

* Resistance 2

Should I get the collector's edition?

Meh, only if your a really big fan. I don't personally see the point, there ain't that much special in it... I think. Up to you though.

Well I got my PS3 back today...and Sony kindly ripped off and threw away my $50 custom made GTAIV decal.

That's not even the worst part though. I CAN'T EVEN USE MY HARD DRIVE NOW!!!

So not only did I get to waste $200, but now I have an even more fucked up PS3 than before.

I called Sony twice, the first time was about the decal and then the second time was after I found out I couldn't use my hard drive and they said they can't do shit about it.

Well I got my PS3 back today...and Sony kindly ripped off and threw away my $50 custom made GTAIV decal.

That's not even the worst part though. I CAN'T EVEN USE MY HARD DRIVE NOW!!!

So not only did I get to waste $200, but now I have an even more fucked up PS3 than before.

I called Sony twice, the first time was about the decal and then the second time was after I found out I couldn't use my hard drive and they said they can't do shit about it.

Really sorry to hear about that OGTAM. The decal I can understand why they'd take it off but for the hardrive not to work... Sony's customer help can be pretty cruddy at times.

Just 4 days left now until COD5, can't wait for it. People who've played the Beta are saying it's better than COD4, which is hard to believe, but I'm still getting it on launch day. And did anyone hear about LittleBigPlanet levels being deleted because of copyright? If not, and you've spent time making some MGS or Mario levels, you should read this article - http://www.joystiq.com/2008/11/09/littlebi...ng-or-explanat/

This is what I said earlier today from another forum:

Ha, just as well I don't like LBP. I'm not interested, but that really does suck. You pay homage to games you love, and some prick deletes them because they're 'supposedly' infringing on copyright, which is absolute nonsense. Having your game recreated in such a loving way can only be a good thing, surely? Also, what's the point in including characters like Old Snake and Kratos when you can't even use them in a level inspired by MGS or GOW? And what's the point of all these tools to help you make these levels, and then the same people say 'you can't do that anymore, copyright, innit'.

Everybody check your email which is linked to your PSN account! I've received a Public Killzone 2 Beta code and I think some of you guys might of as well!

How recent is this? I can't check my E-mail until I get home on Thursday. Do you know how long the beta is?

Just 4 days left now until COD5, can't wait for it. People who've played the Beta are saying it's better than COD4, which is hard to believe, but I'm still getting it on launch day. And did anyone hear about LittleBigPlanet levels being deleted because of copyright? If not, and you've spent time making some MGS or Mario levels, you should read this article - http://www.joystiq.com/2008/11/09/littlebi...ng-or-explanat/

This is what I said earlier today from another forum:

Ha, just as well I don't like LBP. I'm not interested, but that really does suck. You pay homage to games you love, and some prick deletes them because they're 'supposedly' infringing on copyright, which is absolute nonsense. Having your game recreated in such a loving way can only be a good thing, surely? Also, what's the point in including characters like Old Snake and Kratos when you can't even use them in a level inspired by MGS or GOW? And what's the point of all these tools to help you make these levels, and then the same people say 'you can't do that anymore, copyright, innit'.

Well as long as you don't go public with your copied designs...you're fine.

If it's true that World at War is better than Call of Duty 4 then I might actually buy it. Really depends though...maybe for Christmas. :P

Everybody check your email which is linked to your PSN account! I've received a Public Killzone 2 Beta code and I think some of you guys might of as well!

How recent is this? I can't check my E-mail until I get home on Thursday. Do you know how long the beta is?

Well I got the email on the 5th of November, so it's bound to be up for a while. But I just found out it's only limited to EU users, so it's not looking good OGTAM...

Fuck. There are way too many good games coming out. Should I get Resistance 2, Mirror's Edge, CoD: WaW or LBP for Christmas? I really don't know. I've been thinking about buying SOCOM: Confrontation because it includes the wireless headset (the official Sony one) and it's pretty cheap as well. Around 30 GBP from GAME.

Fuck. There are way too many good games coming out. Should I get Resistance 2, Mirror's Edge, CoD: WaW or LBP for Christmas? I really don't know. I've been thinking about buying SOCOM: Confrontation because it includes the wireless headset (the official Sony one) and it's pretty cheap as well. Around 30 GBP from GAME.

Are you only able to get one?

If that were my choice, I would get them in this order.

1. Resistance 2 (Collector's edition)<<<The only reason it's #1 is because they might run out.

2. Little Big Planet

3. Mirror's Edge

4. Call of Duty: World at War

#3 and #4 are pretty much tied, but I'd get Mirror's Edge over World at War because I heard so many bad things about World at War. Although, lately I've been hearing really good things about it, but those two games are at the bottom of my list so it doesn't matter to me. :P

If you're basing your choice over which game I'm gonna get so we could play together, get Resistance 2. :lolbounce:

I'm getting Resistance 2 for Christmas so you could play with me if you got that. I'm allowed to get one other game though, think I might get Mirror's Edge.

Oh yeah btw OGTAM what's your new PSN ID?

Well once I got the internet working on my PS3, I found out I could sign in on my old one. So I still have all my contacts. I'll be on tomorrow some time when I get back home.