Official Playstation Discussion

Harwood Butcher

I have had my PS3 for almost a year, and I have three games and just it for a DVD player. I do regret buying it, seems like a waste of money to me now. Im stuck on all three games which are Harry Potter, GTA 4 and Lost. Is there any other PS3 games anyone would recommend? I need to play it instead of use it as a DVD player. I like free roaming games, so any suggestions :)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have had my PS3 for almost a year, and I have three games and just it for a DVD player. I do regret buying it, seems like a waste of money to me now. Im stuck on all three games which are Harry Potter, GTA 4 and Lost. Is there any other PS3 games anyone would recommend? I need to play it instead of use it as a DVD player. I like free roaming games, so any suggestions :)

Free-roaming games? How about Fallout 3? It is a great free-roamer adventure game and apparently has about 200 different endings! There's also Burnout Paradise which has loads of free updates for it.

Is it me or does this GTA IV update 1.04 not downloading on my PS3? Do you guys know the problem?

I have had my PS3 for almost a year, and I have three games and just it for a DVD player. I do regret buying it, seems like a waste of money to me now. Im stuck on all three games which are Harry Potter, GTA 4 and Lost. Is there any other PS3 games anyone would recommend? I need to play it instead of use it as a DVD player. I like free roaming games, so any suggestions

Try Merceneries 2. It's a kick ass game and a good free roam. IDK if you can just fly to one part of the world on free roam though but you can play in three diferent countries.

Edited by Husky

Every time I go to play a game for the 30 minutes of free time I have, there's a fucking update that I have to get. This shit is starting to really piss me off. You should be able to play single player without having to get these damn updates.

Husky is right, if you just want to play the single player then press Circle when it asks you if you want to update.

Every time I go to play a game for the 30 minutes of free time I have, there's a fucking update that I have to get. This shit is starting to really piss me off. You should be able to play single player without having to get these damn updates.

Husky is right, if you just want to play the single player then press Circle when it asks you if you want to update.

When I do that it takes me back to the XMB and then when I go back into the game it ask me again.

PlayStation HOME is still being a bitch. It takes forever to load and then when it does it tells me there is some retarded error.

On a side note, has anyone heard about the new Tony Hawk game? "Tony Hawk's Adrenaline"

Edited by Harwood Butcher

hmmmm

burnout paradise?

Fallout 3?

The elderscrolls IV: Oblivion?

oblivion is a sick game with loads of side missions and a damn good story line, very free roaming (but i would suggest investing in a horse...)

if you only wanna play single player dont sign into PSN and it wont ask you to update i don't think...

Edited by gta player #69

Assassin's Creed. Very good game, I should go back to it :P

You could always sign out of the PSN, unplug your ethernet connection or switch of your wireless connection (which ever one you have). If it doesn't have a connection to the internet, it won't try to update.

You could always sign out of the PSN, unplug your ethernet connection or switch of your wireless connection (which ever one you have). If it doesn't have a connection to the internet, it won't try to update.

It takes way too much time to actually get an internet connection, I'm not gonna get rid of it just to play 30 minutes of a game.

Ignoring all the moaning above me (just kidding!), I've just finished my exams and now have a holiday. The PS3 is getting used alot!

I bought COD World At War today and I also completed the campaign today as well (yes, I'm an addict...). The game is really great and I suggest it to everyone. Played 2 matches online as well and its very friendly to new players as it will set you up with other beginners. Fortunately, I have good experience from COD4 so I came on top both matches! Going to go to sleep now as it's 3:45AM here and I can't wait to play WaW in the morning.

Go buy World at War!

Ignoring all the moaning above me (just kidding!), I've just finished my exams and now have a holiday. The PS3 is getting used alot!

I bought COD World At War today and I also completed the campaign today as well (yes, I'm an addict...). The game is really great and I suggest it to everyone. Played 2 matches online as well and its very friendly to new players as it will set you up with other beginners. Fortunately, I have good experience from COD4 so I came on top both matches! Going to go to sleep now as it's 3:45AM here and I can't wait to play WaW in the morning.

Go buy World at War!

LOL.

not to be slack or anything, the online matching system is terrible. on wii that is. even my friend who has it on ps3 says its terrible. i go to join a game he made and invites me to. "the game is no longer available" yet he is still running around in circles waiting for me to join. explain that lol. The first match i joined, it was me, some level 2,3,4,5. and one guy who was like level 18. wtf. lol.

its good, but not good in that sense. although yeah i played co-op campaign on ps3 (liek 2 thirds), its pretty good game.

Go buy World at War!

LOL.

not to be slack or anything, the online matching system is terrible. on wii that is. even my friend who has it on ps3 says its terrible. i go to join a game he made and invites me to. "the game is no longer available" yet he is still running around in circles waiting for me to join. explain that lol. The first match i joined, it was me, some level 2,3,4,5. and one guy who was like level 18. wtf. lol.

its good, but not good in that sense. although yeah i played co-op campaign on ps3 (liek 2 thirds), its pretty good game.

Yeah your right, it was the same with COD4 as well. I had the same problem when trying to invite a friend to my party. If they could fix those aspects then they would have a great game.

HOME OPEN BETA IS BEING RELEASED TODAY!

Edited by Mpilk901

Sure, I've got a few:

Burnout Paradise

Fallout 3

Far Cry 2

Mercenaries 2

Uncharted

I'd really recommend Fallout 3 and Far Cry 2, those let you approach the game any way you want. Burnout lets you roam the map, looking for races. Not sure if you have to unlock them as you go along, like previous games. Mercenaries 2 is quite open-ended, but the AI is awful and it gets repetitive quickly, and Uncharted is a great platform/shooter hybrid, well worth picking up from the Platinum range.

As for NON free-roaming games, but still massive amounts of fun to play, look at these below:

Bioshock

Call of Duty 4

Call of Duty WAW

Dead Space

Devil May Cry 4

Infamous - coming 2009, well worth keeping an eye on

Mirrors Edge

Half Life The Orange Box

Resident Evil 5 - out 2009

Ratchet & Clank

So who here has tested out Home? I was with Ryansg and Bossman yesterday, was pretty fun. I'm looking forward to the future content.

I tried it out when it was still in closed beta, but ever since the open beta was released...I can't get in. :(

Yeah there having some server issues, you would kind of guess that they would seeing as the WHOLE of the PSN is trying to get on! Just keep trying it works for me eventually.

Oh and Charger, yes it does have offline co-op. Player 2 gets to star as a random black guy! :awesome:

I finally beat Resistance 2. AWESOME GAME! I'm getting really into the series now and I'm glad I decided to get the Collector's Edition.

I haven't played online yet, but If anyone wants to play me, let me know. :thumbsup:

I may have asked this already before, but has anyone heard about the new Tony Hawk game coming out?

I've been getting back into those games as well.