Official Playstation Discussion

Harwood Butcher

Chris, you have to get Uncharted. One of the best games I have ever played.

PlayStation HOME is sort of cool, but it could get boring real fast...at least right now with the beta. If you want to have a hang out for TGTAP then you could use your own living space or you could buy a club for $5, which at this point isn't worth it. You should definitely download Home, though...if you haven't already.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah fuck actually buying in-game stuff. Home was already on the hard drive so I guess the guy I bought it off had tried it out. As soon as this damn HDMI -> DVI cable gets here I'll actually be able to play stuff.

Oh and yeah my friend said to get Uncharted, saw him play once and it looked pretty cool. I'll look into it.

There's a sequel coming out for that this year isn't there?

Yeah fuck actually buying in-game stuff. Home was already on the hard drive so I guess the guy I bought it off had tried it out. As soon as this damn HDMI -> DVI cable gets here I'll actually be able to play stuff.

Oh and yeah my friend said to get Uncharted, saw him play once and it looked pretty cool. I'll look into it.

There's a sequel coming out for that this year isn't there?

About time he is hooked on Sony! Enjoy your consel Chris!

Edited by Husky

Meh, Uncharted isn't that good.

Good points:

Great graphics

Pretty nice Gameplay

Bad points:

Shitty voice acting

Shitty platforming sections

Puzzles are way too easy

The Story isn't bad but it's not like it's good.

If you haven't played the other MGSs I wouldn't really advise you to buy MGS4, it's really story driven and there are shitloads of nostalgic moments which you won't understand. It's a game that is truly epic for big fans of the series but not so good if you're a newcomer.

Oh yeah I saw a clip of Infamous, it looked pretty cool.

@Ivan: I only played MGS once, fucking loved MGS2 but it's been so long since I played it I hardly remember the story, I'm sure it'll come back to me though. Never got round to playing MGS3, though was that even in the same storyline? I'll definitely be getting MGS4 anyway.

HDMI-DVI cable came today so I'm actually online etc. Been playing GT5:P all day but am tired of that now so moving on to MotorStorm, once I get bored of that I'll move on to some FPS games.

BTW, why the hell is the download speed so slow when doing game updates? It's crap, on 360 they're always well quick but this is ridiculous. When I was downloading GT5:P yesterday it seemed to be capped at around 130-140Kb/s, so as you can imagine it took hours to finish downloading. Sony really need to get some faster servers like MS have. Never usually hear people say positive things about MS but their servers are amazingly quick.

Also, GT5:P took ages to install, it's only 2GB and it's not even a proper full game. Just seems a bit slow to me considering the raw power this console has.

@Ivan: I only played MGS once, fucking loved MGS2 but it's been so long since I played it I hardly remember the story, I'm sure it'll come back to me though. Never got round to playing MGS3, though was that even in the same storyline? I'll definitely be getting MGS4 anyway.

HDMI-DVI cable came today so I'm actually online etc. Been playing GT5:P all day but am tired of that now so moving on to MotorStorm, once I get bored of that I'll move on to some FPS games.

BTW, why the hell is the download speed so slow when doing game updates? It's crap, on 360 they're always well quick but this is ridiculous. When I was downloading GT5:P yesterday it seemed to be capped at around 130-140Kb/s, so as you can imagine it took hours to finish downloading. Sony really need to get some faster servers like MS have. Never usually hear people say positive things about MS but their servers are amazingly quick.

Also, GT5:P took ages to install, it's only 2GB and it's not even a proper full game. Just seems a bit slow to me considering the raw power this console has.

It's like that for some people. People experience slow speeds all the time. Sony has already acknowledge the slow speeds over PSN and they plan on doing something about it..... eventually.

You can always download the MGS Database. Pretty much all the info regarding the series.

You need to play MGS3 to understand the point in Big Boss, and how he got the title "Big Boss". Not only that, but you hear his name in both MGS1 and MGS2, which tells you alot about him. If you played the SNES and NES version of Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2, you'd understand the whole game fully, but not only that, you'd learn about Solid Snake and Big Boss's relationship.

It's worth buying MGS3, funny as hell if you unlocked the Secret Theatre Mode if you had the Subsistence version of it. I still have to get MGS4 when I get my PS3, so yeah, definitely a must buy, especially if you played all 3 of series.

Looks like I'll need to get MGS3 then! Good job I got a 60GB PS3 so it's actually backwards compatible :rolleyes:

They're pretty rare, did you get it from Amazon or something? When I get the cash, I probably will buy all the MGS games because I never fully understood the story of MGS4.

Godfather II actually looks pretty good, only downside is the graphics and plot for me. Chris, you might not have it but I would definitely recommend Killzone 2. Superb game.

Looks like I'll need to get MGS3 then! Good job I got a 60GB PS3 so it's actually backwards compatible :rolleyes:

They're pretty rare, did you get it from Amazon or something? When I get the cash, I probably will buy all the MGS games because I never fully understood the story of MGS4.

Godfather II actually looks pretty good, only downside is the graphics and plot for me. Chris, you might not have it but I would definitely recommend Killzone 2. Superb game.

Bold: I wanted to get that after I beat the first one, but then I found out one of my "friends" stole it...not sure which yet...but just you wait...I'll find out. :mellow:

Edited by Harwood Butcher

The first one was good, customisation was average at best, gameplay techniques were awesome. <3 pushing people up against walls. The driving wasn't too great though, no one can pull it off like GTA. The plot for the second Godfather doesn't really relate to the first one much though, if that's why you want to beat it.

The first one was good, customisation was average at best, gameplay techniques were awesome. <3 pushing people up against walls. The driving wasn't too great though, no one can pull it off like GTA. The plot for the second Godfather doesn't really relate to the first one much though, if that's why you want to beat it.

The first game was basically the first movie with fill-ins and this next game will be the second movie with fill-ins.

I was getting into the first one (before it was stolen), but then it started to consume too much of my time, so I stopped playing so I could focus on my classes and work.

Lol you skipped the whole previous page of this topic didn't you.

I got it off ebay. And yes, I've already completed Killzone 2 (single player obviously) and it's pretty awesome. Once I've finished all my other games I'll try and get into the multiplayer. One thing I hate about Killzone 2 are the controls... completely different to any other FPS I've played on a console, which is very few... but CoD 3, GoW and GoW 2... just seems weird that's all. Because R2 isn't shoot I kept accidentally throwing grenades :/

Also, Mafia II is looking better than Godfather II.

GTA Don: Was gonna add you next time I sign in but you removed your PSN ID from your profile?

Oh, sorry. :blush: I've made a new one now, it'sWaliur. I doubt I'll be on too much, haven't had any new games in ages. Chris, if you want to change your controls so it's more CODesque I think it's option 2 or something. Play around with them and see what you like. Bit strange though, I got used to the default controls after like 30 seconds.

I don't know if I'm finding out old news, but I randomly decided to try and play a song while I was in game and it played...I'm playing Skate 2 and it had an update before I started...so that might have been in the update...not too sure.

Videos don't work, but I could deal with that for now. I'm just glad they FINALLY added that to the game.