Official Playstation Discussion

Harwood Butcher

It's kind of pointless to watch a video while playing a game though isn't it?

Guys, download the Wheelman Demo off the store. It's a really good game with intense cop chases and that. It's very similiar to GTA.

Bold: Kind of, but if you're in a situation where you're in the middle of some sort of mission, competition or whatever it might be and you want to show someone a video on the spot, then it would be useful. Other than that it would be absolutely pointless aside from allowing us to be even more lazy.

Italic: I downloaded it and it's awesome. I've been waiting for it for soooo long. The game reminds me of an arcade game, which I think is pretty bad ass. Sort of gets me away from the "realistic" games.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hate that you can't play music during games. WTF is up with that. Such a basic feature that works so well on the 360.

From what I've found only certain games support it (why?). Such as Killzone 2, but, ONLY in multiplayer. Sony really need to sort shit like that out, so simple.

Older games don't allow it. Skate 2 needed an update for it to work. So it's not really because of Sony right now because they made it possible to use. Right now it's because of the developers. I think Sony made it up to the developers to add it if they want music to play during their games.

I hate that you can't play music during games. WTF is up with that. Such a basic feature that works so well on the 360.

From what I've found only certain games support it (why?). Such as Killzone 2, but, ONLY in multiplayer. Sony really need to sort shit like that out, so simple.

It's something to do with Microsoft getting the rights for it and now Sony can't make it possible but the game developers have to enable it. It can be done but the game developers need to make it possible. Don't ask me why.

And OGTAM I completely agree with you about the arcade style kind of gameplay.

Chris, Sony are quite a way behind Microsoft in terms of accessibility, I just try to ignore these things until they're fixed. It's annoying. They're improving slowly, though. BTW, how full's your friends list? I'm guessing it's bursting already.

Been playing COD4 for a while, and then Resi 5 after that. I'd say I need around 550-600 headshots for the gold AK, but it'll take a long time to do. Probably over 3 months.

Well, I've been given the green light to get a PS3, so YAY! :D

Finally, I'm getting something I wanted since last year, but since my house went under renovation, I guess I couldn't get a chance to get a PS3. But now I finally am getting one. So I've just recently went to town to look for some offers, seems they have some pretty good bundles available. I'm hopefully going to get some good games like MGS4, Killzone 2, CoD: WaW or CoD 4 etc.

So yeah, can't wait. I feel happy now that I'm getting it.

BTW, how full's your friends list? I'm guessing it's bursting already.

Ha! Nope it's not actually. And tbh my 360 list isn't that big either. Probably 70-80 people on that. Haven't been on the PS3 for a few days but there's only like 4 or 5 people I've added. I'll go and add you now actually while I'm here.

Most people here haven't added me, either because they don't know or don't care. I guess when I actually start playing multiplayer stuff people will start adding and I'll have a stupidly long friends list full of people I don't know and never play with :P

In many ways it's better being less popular. So many people on 360 add me and like, most I don't even know who they are. Hardly ever play on it now either :P

Good to hear you're getting a PS3 too TM!

Well, I've been given the green light to get a PS3, so YAY! :D

Finally, I'm getting something I wanted since last year, but since my house went under renovation, I guess I couldn't get a chance to get a PS3. But now I finally am getting one. So I've just recently went to town to look for some offers, seems they have some pretty good bundles available. I'm hopefully going to get some good games like MGS4, Killzone 2, CoD: WaW or CoD 4 etc.

So yeah, can't wait. I feel happy now that I'm getting it.

I recommend you get every single one of those games. They are all epic. Playing the demo of Killzone 2 made me think the game wouldn't be that great, having bitten the bullet and bought it I must say the demo DID NOT give that game any justice.

PS3 Firmware Update 2.70 (out now!)

Details of the update:

- New Text Chat feature that enables you to communicate online with your PlayStation Network friends. Now, you’ll be able to chat with up to 15 online friends using the Wireless Keypad, on-screen keyboard, or other compatible keyboard peripherals. Not only can you chat with your friends instantly, but you can also access Text Chat while playing PS3 games and even participate in up to three chat rooms at once.

- Sort your friends via their online status.

- Attach larger files to the messages you send to your friends (file size will increase from 1MB to 3MB).

- Video files you’ve purchased from the PlayStation Store can be backed up to an external storage device and then restored to PS3’s internal hard drive for playback so you can clear up space on your hard drive and then restore the video anytime in the future.

- Videos you’ve purchased for PSP (PlayStation Portable) system can now be transferred to PS3 for playback.

- Text can now be copied and pasted from the internet.

While it obviously doesn't bring the long awaited in-game voice chat, it does now let us have in-game text chat. I think this will be good as a lot of PS3 owners do not have headsets. However I'm dissapointed that we still haven't recieved in-game voice chat, but the fact they have added text chat means that it is likely on the way!

The update is up now, so get downloading!

Edited by Mpilk901

PS3 Firmware Update 2.70 (out now!)

Details of the update:

- New Text Chat feature that enables you to communicate online with your PlayStation Network friends. Now, you’ll be able to chat with up to 15 online friends using the Wireless Keypad, on-screen keyboard, or other compatible keyboard peripherals. Not only can you chat with your friends instantly, but you can also access Text Chat while playing PS3 games and even participate in up to three chat rooms at once.

- Sort your friends via their online status.

- Attach larger files to the messages you send to your friends (file size will increase from 1MB to 3MB).

- Video files you’ve purchased from the PlayStation Store can be backed up to an external storage device and then restored to PS3’s internal hard drive for playback so you can clear up space on your hard drive and then restore the video anytime in the future.

- Videos you’ve purchased for PSP (PlayStation Portable) system can now be transferred to PS3 for playback.

- Text can now be copied and pasted from the internet.

While it obviously doesn't bring the long awaited in-game voice chat, it does now let us have in-game text chat. I think this will be good as a lot of PS3 owners do not have headsets. However I'm dissapointed that we still haven't recieved in-game voice chat, but the fact they have added text chat means that it is likely on the way!

The update is up now, so get downloading!

A couple of mates and I put this to this test last night and it worked like a charm.

GREAT SUCCESS

boratcannes2.jpg

Another thing that pisses me off is that the japanese store has much more stuff than the Europe/etc.... store.

Why can't we get the same stuff? Too bad I don't know japanese or else I'd sign up on their store...

Live is exactly the same.

The new update is great and very useful. It's much easier to message my friends now and it's also good if your in a online party. And even if they were supposed to come out when the console did, would you rather have them now or never?

Started playing COD4 online again. Great fun.

Another thing that pisses me off is that the japanese store has much more stuff than the Europe/etc.... store.

Why can't we get the same stuff? Too bad I don't know japanese or else I'd sign up on their store...

Live is exactly the same.

The new update is great and very useful. It's much easier to message my friends now and it's also good if your in a online party. And even if they were supposed to come out when the console did, would you rather have them now or never?

Started playing COD4 online again. Great fun.

Is that supposed to be an excuse?

Steveplayer, I think some of the demos and shit can be in english but most of the stuff is really in japanese with no english launguage available. I never actually been in a japanese psn store, I'm just saying what people have said in forums I've been.

Point is, they have reasons as to not having all the same content on each store. If they all had the same stuff then why wouldn't they just use one Global store?

Now I was originally going to post why they don't do this, but being honest, I forgot why :P but I can tell you that there are very good reasons as to why they don't have this. I know there are because I remember having this same discussion a while back.

Edited by Mpilk901

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok so I got MGS3 since you guys said I should and now when I start it up in my PS3 it gets to the main screen. I press Start. I press New Game... then it returns me to the start screen. In fact, whichever option I choose, it always returns me to the start screen. FUCK. So I googled and most places say it's fully backwards compatible which is good. Only found one other instance of someone having the same problem and that was way back when firmware 1.70 was the latest.... obviously years ago.

Only thing I can think of is that I'm playing on a monitor rather than a TV, i.e., 1920x1200... so perhaps the 1080p isn't upscaling the height properly for PS2 games and it's throwing an error and sending me to the start screen again...fuck knows though. Anyone got any ideas? All my PS3 games are fine obviously. Haven't tried any other PS2 games but yeah.

Someone help or everyone who's posted in here recently gets banned!! Well you won't but yeah I really want to play this game etc.

EDIT: tried changing display down to 720p... still same problem... then down to standard PAL resolution of 576i... nope, same problem. So I've ruled out resolution. Fucking hell. Can't be arsed finding my PS2 and setting it up just for this. Why does no one else have problems with MGS3 :(