Official Playstation Discussion

Harwood Butcher

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ah, I know exactly why. The thing to do is, overwrite your previous saves, DON'T MAKE NEW ONES. For some bizarre reason, Konami didn't seem to include software to prevent more HD space being taken up by newly created saves. Essentially, every time you make a new save and subsequently a new game, you're losing about 4GB or more in HD space, because they didn't include software to prevent that happening. The same thing happened to me, with my puny 40GB PS3. Just keep your most advanced save, and delete all the others. A word of warning, you MAY have to format your PS3 to get the space back, so back-up everything on your PS3 and then format it. I'll search for some links about this, see if other people have experienced the same thing.

Hmm, I can't find any links, but that's because I don't know what to type in to search for. This is a big problem though, so just don't make new saves.

Edited by Bateman.

It's been on the Japan store for years now, the UK are so far behind them now, it's just a desperate situation. And I registered on your site TM, I'll stick around if it gets popular.

Uncharted 2 is just so amazing, I'm on chapter 20 odd now, I think 22 or 23. I don't want the game to end, but I know it will quite soon. :( Only a few chapters left. Then I can focus on the hunt for Trophies, multiplayer and co-op play, which will last a long time. Haven't played co-op yet, and only played 1 multiplayer game. :D

hmm my ps3 stuffed up before, it wouldnt boot past the playstation logo, then is about to load the menu but just failed :(

turned out the hdd was corrupted, i ran some disk check thingy in the recovery menu (restore file system or something) and that fixed it.

hey if you do a full system backup, does it back up the save games that are "copy prohibited"? because like half my games are copy prohibited savefiles and it'd suck massive balls having to do those all again.

also, im guessing you can't use a 3.5" external hard drive as a USB, i tried with mine and it didnt recognize it :( its a shame cos one i have is only about 30% full...maybe i'll get a 2.5", or il get a new iPod classic for Xmas since I think the battery is going on my 30GB video one.

hmm my ps3 stuffed up before, it wouldnt boot past the playstation logo, then is about to load the menu but just failed :(

turned out the hdd was corrupted, i ran some disk check thingy in the recovery menu (restore file system or something) and that fixed it.

hey if you do a full system backup, does it back up the save games that are "copy prohibited"? because like half my games are copy prohibited savefiles and it'd suck massive balls having to do those all again.

also, im guessing you can't use a 3.5" external hard drive as a USB, i tried with mine and it didnt recognize it :( its a shame cos one i have is only about 30% full...maybe i'll get a 2.5", or il get a new iPod classic for Xmas since I think the battery is going on my 30GB video one.

I didn't need to do the restore file system thing, thankfully. Those copy prohibited saves, you can't get those back. I only had 1 of them, Killzone 2, and I want to trade it in anyway so I don't care. And you need a specific HD to use for the PS3, it doesn't recognise them all. Apparently, the SeaGate hard drives are supposed to be good. In the UK, you can get a 500GB one for £80 or less, or a 750GB for £90 or less. Not sure how much it would be in Australia. The hard drive you need has to be FAT32 or it won't work.

FAT32 ...ehh such a shit filesystem lol.

but yeah i knew about that. i still think that it's because of the drive being 3.5" and not 2.5", im pretty sure you dont need a specific brand either, my friends WD passport thingo worked. its just as long as its 2.5" and FAT32. unless it comes formatted like that, you gotta use something other than XP cos it can only format FAT32 partitions up to 32GB for some reason ... :S

ohh that sucks about the copyprotected saves :( ...

Thee PS3 hardrive has to be FAT32? Well that sucks. I have a portable 500GB HDD and it's great but I can't download most games onto it because it's FAT32.

Oh yeah it also seems Sony have finally started to increase their advertising, seen quite a few TV adverts.

You don't understand how much I'd love to play a PS3 right now...

I think they got bored of the game adverts always ending with the 360 logo, and the 'console from £199.99' voiceover all the time. MS can afford to throw cash at advertising, but it's different for cash-strapped Sony. I got the Uncharted 2 code for increased currency in multiplayer today, via e-mail. Will use it later on the PSN. :D I have about 7 trophies left until I get Platinum for UC2, it's so much easier to get than the original Uncharted.

The first Uncharted was easy to get platinum for. The only reason I never got it was because while I thought I was completing the game on crushing I was actually playing it on hard. Meaning I played through the game once on medium (got the easy and medium trophy for that) and twice on hard so I was really not in the mood to play through the game again on the correct difficulty!

I'm going to go for the original Uncharted platinum after I get the Uncharted 2 platinum, which should be in the next 4 or 5 days. In the original, I just struggle with Brutal combos. I looked on the net earlier and I think I know how to do it now, you gotta pause for a brief second before continuing the combo, and the Steel Fist combo is easy. I learnt how to do that yesterday, and got the UC2 trophy for it. Haven't tried it for UC1 yet, but I will.

Mpilk, if the account isn't used after 6 months of activity, then I think it's deleted by Sony. See this link, it's not official at all, but it might be true - http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090322215755AAY4mQr I haven't seen another answer like that though, so it's probably fake. Best thing to do would be to contact Sony via phone, to get the definitive answer.

• 1 month later...

Been inactive for a while, yes. So have all the other console topics too.

Your probably tired of hearing about when GT5 is coming out but the North American release date has been narrowed to Summer 2010. It is being released in Japan in March. Link for those who want to read more.

yeah i read that on wikipedia. so im hoping its summer 2010 in america, meaning winter for us. if it gets delayed even more i swear im gonna go kill someone :P

Why were these topics unpinned (PS3, 360, Wii)? They're surely more important than the other stand-alone topics, although with the inactivity around here they'll hardly be buried underneath other topics anyway.

I bought InFamous 2 days ago, the Platinum version. It's quite fun so far, I just like running around the whole city. Looking for the Blast Shards is also easy because one click of L3 will show any in the nearby area on your map. Another game I bought, albeit accidently, was COD1 via the PSN. How did I buy it? I didn't know I still had my debit card details entered in, usually I clear them off after every purchase but for some reason didn't, and ended up buying the game XD. It's alright, but not worth £7.99, let alone £11.99. On the same day I bought InFamous, 4 films, and an accessory kit which included a mic, 2 new clip-on triggers and a HDMI cable, so I now have a voice online.

I un-pinned them as there was 6 pinned topics and it made the general gaming section just look un-tidy and hides away the more recently made topics. I prefer to keep the pinned topics so it's only got information on the section of the forum and other useful topics. I may pin them again in the future but for now I think it's better that they stay with all the the other topics.

• 2 weeks later...