Official Playstation Discussion

Harwood Butcher

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seriously Ivan is right, Heavy Rain is truly amazing, the game has 20 different endings which could change at almost any time, I love the game so much. It is one of the first PS3 games that fully makes use of all of the PS3's functions, for example you use, regularly, all of the buttons, both analogue sticks and the SIXAXIS feature of the controller.

• 3 weeks later...

i guess this fits here

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/03/29/ps3-firmware-3-21-coming-april-1st/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SCEEBlog+%28blog.eu.playstation.com%29

sony's introducing this firmware update on april 1st, whatever fixes it has , it also removes the "other OS" option from the original (fat) PS3's which allowed you to install a variant of Linux, Yellow Dog.

they're taking it out because of a exploit someone found which worked through this other OS

http://www.blogsdna.com/6674/ps3-exploit-finally-released-by-george-hotz.htm

This is the coveted PS3 exploit, gives full memory access and therefore ring 0 access from OtherOS. Enjoy your hypervisor dumps. This is known to work with version 2.4.2 only, but I imagine it works on all current versions. Maybe later I’ll write up how it works :)

you can choose to not install it however according to the sony website (first link) you wont be able to access PSN and online features of games as well as some other online content, no surprise there.

• 3 months later...

Just to let everyone know, I have got a new PS3 at long last. If you haven't already then send me a friend request, my PSN ID is Mpilk901. Unfortunately, the CD case which held all of my games (over 20 for the PS3) has gone missing so I do not have any of my old games but I plan to buy EFLC in the next few days.

Looking forward to playing with you all again!

Erm. Maybe you could use it as a drinks coaster or something, then. A weird thing happened the other day, each time I signed in I got signed out again straight away. I fiddled around with proxy settings and it seems fine now. I've also received friend requests from myself on a few occasions recently.

• 2 weeks later...