Official Playstation Discussion

Harwood Butcher

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

People say it does, but you should place it in a cool area where there's enough space. Assuming if you leave it in the hot summer sun, it will most likely heat up the components. I've also heard people say it doesn't get YLoD.

So I suggest you take care of your PS3 slim and place it in a good area. I've done so with my 80GB PS3, and nothing has even happened to it.

Yeah Spain's nice but I was there for a month and it started to drone on for a bit towards the end. Going again though in the summer so I'm looking forward to that.

Well my PS3 got the YLOD because it over-heated, the YLOD can be because of a number of problems. It is primarily when the motherboard fails though which can, of course, happen in a multiple amount of ways.

I probably wont get a PS3 for a while now, not because I don't want to but I just really need to focus on my exams and the Playstation is just another distraction.

Yeah Spain's nice but I was there for a month and it started to drone on for a bit towards the end. Going again though in the summer so I'm looking forward to that.

Well my PS3 got the YLOD because it over-heated, the YLOD can be because of a number of problems. It is primarily when the motherboard fails though which can, of course, happen in a multiple amount of ways.

I probably wont get a PS3 for a while now, not because I don't want to but I just really need to focus on my exams and the Playstation is just another distraction.

I'm sort of glad I didn't buy a PS3 whilst I was at school, or I wouldn't have passed all of my exams. :P

Also, I was wondering how many of you have got Assassins Creed 2, and what you think of it. I think this sequel is amazing, better than AC1, but somehow I miss playing as Altair, since his robes were more better than Ezio's.

Yeah I have Assassins Creed and number 2 on xbox 360(no difference)

It's much better than the first got bored of the first one alot..

more stuff to do in number 2 aswell

AC2>AC1 in every way

I think Ezio's Master Assassin Black Armor at the end is way cooler than Ezios.

The sequel is more fun

I wonder where AC3 is gonna be..(Ubisoft mentioned release of Winter 2011 of AC3)..

When do you think Sony will stop supporting the PS2 and when do you think games will stop being made on it? Fewer releases every year though. I think like 2011 or 2012. PS1 was discontinued in 2006 after 11 years of being released(12 in Japan)

Kinda funny that PS2: 2000 - present

Xbox: 2001 - 2006(5 year life span...)

Gamecube: 2001 - 2006

When do you think the PS4 will be released.. I think 2013 or 2014

AC2 is just so much fun. I didn't buy the original and I don't want to, but this game is fantastic to play. I finished the game yesterday, and won't reveal anything, but as you've probably heard, like the original, this ending is also WTF!!11. BTW, I probably know there was an easy solution, but I must have spent over 45 minutes on that piece of shit Codex Wall thing near the end. I got there eventually after much fumbling around. The music is also inspired, by Jesper Kyd.

Anyway. I uploaded my first COD4 video online yesterday on Vimeo, it doesn't look bad. It was only a handheld camera, it's not a capture card or anything. It's probably a year old now, when I was 8th prestige. http://www.vimeo.com/8640299

2000 posts now as well, taken a long time.

Edited by Bateman.

• 1 month later...

Bump. I bought Battlefield 2 yesterday, and played it offline for a while. It's quite a lot of fun as you'd expect. Online is tricky, there are lots of good players there already so I have about 4 kills and 30 deaths. I'd recommend it, when I get into multiplayer I'm sure I'll stick with it for a good few months. Maybe more, if it grabs me like COD4 did.

It's fucking amazing. I love how you can pretty much do the game on one fucking afternoon, there are no game overs, no going back to change the shit you did. Did your character die? Deal with the consequences. This is the stuff a lot of RPG developers have been claiming to do( present meaningfully choices)but still haven't done so. The story, dialogue, voice acting, music and even the gameplay( trust me, those "silly" QTEs can be a lot more intense than many action sequences I've seen in FPS and the like) are all A+. If it weren't for MGS4, this would be my favourite game for the PS3. Forget about Uncharted, Killzone, God of War,whatever, this is the shit you need to have.