Forum Award Voting Has Begun (now ended)

Chris

Voting has now closed. There were no ties this year. The forum is currently invisible and will remain so until we announce the winners, at which point it will be left as an archive.

It may be a couple of weeks before we actually get to give you all your awards, we gotta get some stuff coded and whatnot. I'll keep you updated though.... I don't wanna be announcing winners and then a couple of weeks later randomly have some stuff appearing in your profile :P

Well I'll be posting a new topic here in the announcements forum, so you'll see it on the forums main page. I can't set a date right now. I'll look around for an awards hack, if there isn't a decent one I'll code something myself.

EDIT: Looks like there hasn't been a release of an awards hack since IPB 1.3 - I'll have to code my own, I'll sort of start it now...

STATUS UPDATE:

I've finished coding the award pages, see here - http://www.thegtaplace.com/forums/index.php?act=awards (ignore what's there at the moment it's just me testing stuff out)

All that's left to do is make all the award images, give them all out, then make them show under avatar, then announce the winners!

Any comments or feedback so far?

Pretty good job.

For those that do awards and shit on your forums and can't code for shit...just use forums and topics...easy. Make a catagory called "Forum Awards", then for the forums just call them "Forum Awards 2006", "Forum Awards 2007", "Forum Award Polls" etc. After that you either make the topics in those or more sub forums if you really need them for some reason. Easy way, but not as cool as what Chris is doing obviously. You could also mess around with the stuff you already have such as PIPs, but as Chris already pointed out that could cause some people to have a huge mini member info thing. Anyways, thats probably the best thing to do...or get some coders.