GTA-ology

Patty-T

Apparently the guy who wrote it sent "popular GTA websites" a free copy. Never sent me one so I thought why the fuck should I post about this. :)

From the cover it looks kinda retarded though, bit of a half-arsed effort. I mean he has even failed to use the real GTA logo, honestly looks like he made it in Paint or something. From what I'm told from someone who has actually read the book is basically that the author is obsessed with the game and it's a bit of a boring read... obviously you would be to write a book about it...

Let us know if you feel it's any different though, but I certainly don't plan on ever purchasing it.

the book prolly sucks.... but i would prolly like it. I like these kinds of "survive a zombie attack, and know all that you need to know about them" stuff. puts yourself in somone elses mind and its pretty fun to do what they say and learn about the stuff in the book (real or fake w/e)

I finished reading it and it was actually quite good. It talked about making maps with people you know marked off on it and how you shouldn't let somebody help you before you help them. It was full of different GTA inspired advice. Alot of the stuff in the book I would actually use in real life. I guess some people might not like it but I thought it was pretty cool. Some of you judged a book by its cover.

Edited by C Blood

The author sent me a free copy back when it came out, (this was in the days of running gtaprojects.com,) I read a fair amount but I didn't find it inspirational. Just mainly about how he thinks of his life as a game. View it as a way to spice up your life, or a way to be more of a gta geek. Either fits

I don't agree with the whole "never judge a book by it's cover" - I mean wtf is that all about. If someone has put little to no effort into making an attractive cover, then why should I feel any different about it's contents. I'm sorry but if you're gonna write a book then make an awesome cover to attract more people to it. It's just common sense.

No offence mvi but that sort of takes the piss a bit if he sends a free copy to small sites like yours, I mean presumably he was hoping you'd write positively about it on your site. Why not send one to me then? Not to boast or anything but to be fair I could have reached far more people than you could.

C Blood that's good you actually enjoyed reading the book after everything we said about it. I'm still not convinced enough to buy it though. I rarely read books anyway. I also don't need advice on how to live my life. I find him a bit of an egotist thinking he can make loads of people live their life like GTA. You should live your life how you want to, not base it off a videogame. If you can find way to incorporate parts of videogames then that's fine but I'm sure you don't need Ty Liquido (that seriously cannot be his real name) to tell you.