TGTAP Poll Suggestion Topic

What Jared said is that it's a full new gta what isn't related to the III series.

Well not all people think that. Rockstar may have said that, but they also said that the second PSP GTA game was gonna be a brand new game. Everyone thought that they meant new map and everything...but that wasn't the case. I think that the poll idea I had is a good one, seeing that Rockstar could be unpredictable and a lot of the time mislead people to think one thing where they really mean something else.

It's a good quistion. But it actually just comes to the point of yes or no. Would be nice if you'd have like 4 options that actually have a other meaning.

Easy, "Which way do you think GTAIV's storyline will most likely have that the GTA III Trilogy had?"

-Characters will return

-Locations will come back in missions (LC in SA)

-Vehicles

-No relation

No that is the entire point of this poll. We want to know what people want to play as.

The answer to your alternative is always going to be yes, the way you've worded it, people would vote the same anyway since they would interpret it the same mostly.

Have you been in the topic "Could the GTA 4 character be female?", it's been going left and right, people saying it's possible, others saying it will never happen. I think it'd be a perfect poll question. With the one you have up, most people will vote "male" because most that come here are male. Then you have "Custom Player Creation"...Since when is that a gender? I know why you put it in there, but it doesn't fit with the question. This is just my opinion.

With the one you have up, most people will vote "male" because most that come here are male.

I don't understand this. By your logic, all men are gay... I know that's not what you're saying but just think about it for a second. It's a very naive way of thinking. A female protagonist often works out amazingly well, take the Tomb Raider franchise for instance. You're saying because most gamers are male they'd rather not play Tomb Raider because they can't play as a guy?

Listen, I couldn't give two shits whether or not people think it's possible for a female protagonist, yes it's a fantastic debate, but what does it matter... What I would like to know is what people want to play as in the game - this is what matters and this is also what R* would want to know.

Now I know that R* don't just go around GTA sites looking at polls and wishlists, but if they saw a poll where the overwhelming majority were wanting to play as a male character do you think they'd even consider using a female character.

I don't think you fully understood my reasoning for choosing this type of poll, but hopefully you see where I'm coming from now. Enough of this banter.

Then you have "Custom Player Creation"...Since when is that a gender? I know why you put it in there, but it doesn't fit with the question. This is just my opinion.

In that sense, it would be free-choice if you're male or female. The only options you can have is male, female, or the ability to choose one or the other.

Lot's of votes for custom creation. Something that R* shouldn't do if you ask me.

I agree. DON'T MAKE CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION.... IT WON'T BE THE SAME. Altering clothing is nice, though. It makes your character unique enough to enjoy your way, but it doesn't change the actual character.

Right so in the first 24 hours we got 220 votes. That's like, only 2-3% of visitors actually voting. Anyway assuming we keep this up we can get 1500+ votes a week on each poll we do, might wait until they hit 2000 before doing a new one, I'll see how it goes.

Seems at the moment on the current poll most people want to be able to create a custom character, I don't feel this would be particularly good for the game myself.

Err, okay yes, but this is not for debating of GTA4 features, it's about what poll to have, so lets try to keep the opinions on the polls reasons (to the degree of your person opinion of yes/no to that feature) to a minimum. Where not here to discuss game rumors, more to the point of a poll rather then speculation and personal opinions of yes/no to that feature.