Will you use cheats in GTA 4 ?

Gycu

By principal I NEVER use cheats when playing through ANY game. For me it completely ruins the experience and defeats the entire object of the game, as absolutely no challenge is presented.

But I'll probably use trainers for stunting when I complete it 100%. But I always create another save file for stunting, separated from the storyline one. Still, no cheats, never.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GTA is a hard game. I need cheats to complete GTA 3, VC, etc. I can understand disabling achievements for games like Saints Row because your health will regenerate over time and using cheats makes the game way too easy. But something like GTA:SA, some missions are plain impossible for me. I need those cheats and those achievement points!

Dude, if you need the achievement points, EARN THEM. Cheating doesn't really count as an "achievement". Quit being little pansies. I played the last mission in SA multiple times, and the time I beat it the easiest, was when I DIDN'T use cheats.

It could mess up the game, But it's best if there were less cheats in GTA4.

Cheats don't necessarily mess up a game. They can glitch, or mess up your save file, but not the game itself, I don't think.

And cheats are fun. It's always amusing to see what weird things they put in the game for us to find.

If I am in a hard mission that I keep having to redo, I'll cheat. There's nothing fun about having to redo a mission over and over again. But normally when playing missions, I won't cheat. I only use cheats during a mission as a last resort, after I'm sick and tired of redoing.

I also cheat when I'm bored, like the megajump cheat so I could roam around Portland in the Saint Mark's Bisto Mission. Or when you're freeroaming and don't want to get shot down and killed by the police during a massacure.

GTA is a hard game. I need cheats to complete GTA 3, VC, etc. I can understand disabling achievements for games like Saints Row because your health will regenerate over time and using cheats makes the game way too easy. But something like GTA:SA, some missions are plain impossible for me. I need those cheats and those achievement points!

Dude, if you need the achievement points, EARN THEM. Cheating doesn't really count as an "achievement". Quit being little pansies. I played the last mission in SA multiple times, and the time I beat it the easiest, was when I DIDN'T use cheats.

Hmm, I cheated when I "earned" 600+ achiement points during Full Auto....

Please R*, put in more cheats! Give those lazy bastards at G4 something to do and finally let me spawn an Infernus!

I think that cheats should be in gta4 but even MORE!!!!! :clapping: (dont think im a cheat using n00b, its just that i like to fool around when i complete 100% of the game) but also, the peds attack you, etc. cheats should be able to be disabled.

Example:

Kill everyone around you (in the perimeter of the area shown in radar) exept you.

FULL invinciblity, including not getting hurt from explosion, falling, but drowning is good because sometimes i get stuck in the middle of the ocean.

AND MUCH MORE, submit good ones that anyone throws out even if they are super duper cheap.

Edited by swg10

Cheats were meant to 'Help' anyone who was stuck or was in Problems like Missions, But to me, 'Cheat If you want, But Your not really Finishing the game off fairly', thats why It's best to stick with the game, without cheating, But if your really stuck, Use a Walkthrough or Guide, But some Guides Contain some Cheats, It's best to use a Non-Spoiler Guide like Game FAQs have.

Cheats were meant to 'Help' anyone who was stuck or was in Problems like Missions, But to me, 'Cheat If you want, But Your not really Finishing the game off fairly', thats why It's best to stick with the game, without cheating, But if your really stuck, Use a Walkthrough or Guide, But some Guides Contain some Cheats, It's best to use a Non-Spoiler Guide like Game FAQs have.

That is the same reason I dont play with cheats.I want to finish the game without cheats and like you know,like in Vice City,cheats can get you you stucked near 100% and there is no way to pass 100%(of course,sometimes cheats change teh game,but it happens).

cheats WERENT just made to make the game easier. like 25 percent of the cheats were to help you get through the game and the other 75 percent are just for fun! have any of you (who are bashing cheats) looked at the cheats pages? some are like swim party cheat, ninjas on bike cheat, riot cheat, everyone has guns cheat, everyone has crazy clothes cheat, everyone drives gokarts cheat and etc...

cheats are mainly for fun, and when your a noob you can use it to beat the game.