Gran turismo

Timmy Vermicceli

I personaly love Gran turismo, and any other racing racing games that I play, they dont seem to offer what I am looking for in a racing game. Sure, Fortza motor sports has physical crash damage and many others have there own unique features, but I really just dont care for those things. There is something special that Gran tursmo has, and I really dont know what it is. All I know is that I love the feeling when there is such a difficult task, and it requires such precision and skill, that you cant even be a hundreth of a second off in your total time, and then after many unsuccessful attempts, you finally get it! God, I just love that. One specific course on the Driving missions in GT4, the last mission, I think it was mission 32 Nurburgring Nordschleif. This mission took me around 15 hours to complete, and believe me, Im no rookie when it comes to Gran turismo. After I completed the mission, I had a sense of pride and fullfilment, just knowing that I finally completed this excedingly difficult mission that haunted me for what seemed like endless hours, I just could not believe how difficult this mission was. I guess thats what real race car drivers have to go through to master there driving skills, and more. I know its just a game, but Im not afraid to admit that I am a full blown-out game-junkie, I ve been playing video games since I was 5, and damnit, Its my passion!

I hope you guys have something to share about Grand turismo experiences!

I hate Gran Turismo and here's why. When I was nine, my mom got me GT2. I spent forever playing the simulation mode and hadn't gone anywhere with it. The fact that you have to earn your license is crap. Not the game for a child, so I went back to GTA. I'd rather play better racing games like Need for Speed, Forza Motorsport, Project Gotham Racing, etc.

I like it.. to me, it's a game that takes precision and skill to complete. All I have right now is the GT3 Steering wheel, which doesn't make it AS realistic, but it's more than a controller. No video game will ever be exactly like the real thing, but this brings it close. Need to pick up GT4 again..

Haters get out, now.

I hate Gran Turismo and here's why. When I was nine, my mom got me GT2. I spent forever playing the simulation mode and hadn't gone anywhere with it. The fact that you have to earn your license is crap. Not the game for a child, so I went back to GTA. I'd rather play better racing games like Need for Speed, Forza Motorsport, Project Gotham Racing, etc.

I like the licence system. It's very important and makes the game more of a challenge, because you need the licences to compete in certain events. Every racing game, has a progression system.

I must say though, Forza is a great game and I like how you can change cars from class to class, from changing performance enhancements.

Edited by MiamiViceCity

I like the licence system. It's very important and makes the game more of a challenge, because you need the licences to compete in certain events. Every racing game, has a progression system.

I must say though, Forza is a great game and I like how you can change cars from class to class, from changing performance enhancements.

And Forza Motorsport has online multiplayer....nuff said. I hate that friggin' license system. Learning how to brake? Hmm, if you've played ANY racing game you know what button to hit when you want your car to stop.

^^ Heh, it's supposed to be teaching WHEN to brake.. not exactly how. Besides, if games didn't have different variables, all of them would be the same.

The sad part about online racing games is that a lot of people wall ride and like to make other people crash to their advantage.

Hey, wait a minute. I do that! Yeah, I'll admit I love bullying other peoples' cars and trying to PIT them. I watch World's Wildest Police Chases too much.

^^ Heh, it's supposed to be teaching WHEN to brake.. not exactly how. Besides, if games didn't have different variables, all of them would be the same.

The sad part about online racing games is that a lot of people wall ride and like to make other people crash to their advantage.

Hey, wait a minute. I do that! Yeah, I'll admit I love bullying other peoples' cars and trying to PIT them. I watch World's Wildest Police Chases too much.

:P

I did it a bit when I played NFSUG 1 and 2. Pretty funny when some of them yell and their voice is all squeeky. Kinda view the GT series as a "world class" racing.. as in... racing the real way depending on how your car is setup and driver skill.

Though the only online option I know of is x-link (I THINK that's what it was called..) Some website held a server so you could run through it and play with other people.