Downgrade SA v2 -> v1

chris82

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey i downloaded this can anyone tell me why it says

this programme cannot path the installed version of san andreas for the following reeason:

the destination directory doesent contain any files to patch.

i dont understand what im doing wrong please send me an email or add me on msn to help

[email protected]

No, why don't you just check back here you lazy git.

Basically, you either don't have an installed game in the directory you chose, you didn't choose a directory, or you chose the wrong one (basically like the first :P)

But yeah, that's what you did wrong...

Did you modify the installation path at all?

Alright, due to the overwhelming amount of topics about this and persuasion from Heavenly Blade, I have decided to make sure that everyone who wants to mod San Andreas has the ability to do so.

Download

Clicking that direct download link will initiate the patch process. Simply download and run the patch, and follow the instructions.

But be warned!!

The GTA Place is not responsible if this fucks up your game/computer.

i tried that on windows vista but it said that it couldnt play cuz it wanted an update what shall i do?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Alright, due to the overwhelming amount of topics about this and persuasion from Heavenly Blade, I have decided to make sure that everyone who wants to mod San Andreas has the ability to do so.

Download

Clicking that direct download link will initiate the patch process. Simply download and run the patch, and follow the instructions.

But be warned!!

The GTA Place is not responsible if this fucks up your game/computer.

PLEASE HELP ME

KK I USED THE DOWNGRADER BUT NOW WHEN I GO TO PLAY MY GAME IT SAYS "PLEASE REMOVE DISC FROM CURRENT CD/DVD DRIVE AND INSERT THE ORIGINAL DISC IN ANOTHER DRIVE..?" I DONT GET IT MY CUSIN USED IT AND HIS WORKS PERFECT AND HE PRETTY MUCH HAS THE SAME COMPUTER AS MINE SO PLEASE HELP ME I REALLY WANT TO PLAY WITH MODS ANYONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -_- :'(

i downgradet my game but now i cat play it its say "Please remove disc from current CD/DVD drive and insert the oginal disc

in another drive ?:." wath i gonna do..????????

I GET THE SAME ANSWER AND SO FAR NO ONE HAS ANSWERED MY QUESTION SO WHEN SOMEONE LETS ME NO I LET U NO UNLESS MAYBE U FOUND OUT AN ANSWER ALREADY PLEASE LET ME NO IF U DID

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

recently bought SA off direct2drive to play the MP mod, since I couldn't find a copy of the game for PC in any store near where I live. The site has you download the game already patched to the newest version, which is 3.0 apparently (or at least that's what it says in the corner of the menu when I boot up the game). The downgrader doesn't seem to work on this version, I got the error "gta_sa.exe: unknown verision" when I tried to run it. Anyone know if there's a fix to this out there, or some way to work around it? TIA

recently bought SA off direct2drive to play the MP mod, since I couldn't find a copy of the game for PC in any store near where I live. The site has you download the game already patched to the newest version, which is 3.0 apparently (or at least that's what it says in the corner of the menu when I boot up the game). The downgrader doesn't seem to work on this version, I got the error "gta_sa.exe: unknown verision" when I tried to run it. Anyone know if there's a fix to this out there, or some way to work around it? TIA

hey welcome to TGTAP! :clapping:

Try looking for a V3.0 downgrader,if that doesent work,umm...I dunno. :gappy:

• 2 weeks later...

How can I run the gtasa.exe? Do I just double click it?

I just got the downgrader and game works fine, except that the 100% savegames doesnt work anymore. Is this a known problem or is it just me ??
Dude, can you give me the directions on how to download the downgrader?

Dude, since your 100% game file cannot work, you probably might wanna start a new game cause you can't use V2.0 game save files anymore. Get it? I hope you do...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i try yo mod my gtasa but all the files in player are named .dff and the ones modded are called .txd anny one know how to do?

I tryed to run this program but it told me i had the wrong version so maby i already had V:1 or maby we european ppl got an european version and thats why?

I would be happy for answers

• 2 weeks later...

Now I have a problem.

When I run the san Andreas Downgrader it says the following: "The file contains invalid data" I don't understand this because it has worked for me before. Someone help, I am trying to try out a Mod what Noru showed me and I can't play it until this is fixed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

so.. i downloaded the patch and installed it but when i run SAMI it still doesn't work, when i click install mod all these error windows pop up but then it says mods have been installed but then i start a game and load my file there is still no modifications any ideas guys?

I dunno, myself, I don't think any large GTA communities (such as us here at TGTAP) should be give links to or promoting the use of the downgrader. It may be useful to some, yes, but I think it shows disrespect to Rockstar Games myself.

What I think is disrespectful is that they tried to take away mods from thousands of people who bought GTA SA expecting the regular game. The only reason they even made the version 2 was because they got bad press from the Hot Coffee thing. Downgrading so you can have more fun with the game is not disrespectful. You did give them your money for the game.

P.S. If the downgrader isn't working try it on a freshly installed san andreas. If you have mods you wanna save just back them up before-hand.

Edited by Celidor

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi,

I am kinda new here, so i hope you can help me out,

i bought san andreas firstly on ps2 played it more then a 1000 hours (:P) en now i got it on my laptop, with dvd/hd drive.

i really dont want to play the complete story line... agian.. so i thought ill download a 100% save file, so i did, but when i wanted to load the save file, it always started at the first intro scene of the game.

Now that i got something familiar with youre site, i saw loadz of carz mods etc. so i started recieving them too,

now that i red this part i did download the downgrader, en downgraded it to v1 , but since then, if i want to start the game, it wont do anything exept:

".:?Please remove disc from current CD/DVD drive and insert the oginal disc

in another drive ?:."

i have a latop so i have only one drive, and it original as it can be, i just bought it recently...

i really dont know what i can do, im busy now ( agian) to uninstall/reinstall, trying to get a 100% save file working....

if someone can help me out, i would really appreciated it ...