1. 1. Fav Next Gen Console?

• Playstation 3
    • Xbox 360
    • Wii (Nintendo Wii)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On-topic again: I have to say, Wii for pure fun. 360 if you really want to have some normal gaming. The Wii doesn't have alot of real action games. And unfortunatly lacks the top shooter's. I hope that would change cause shooting with that Wii-mote thingy would be alot of fun.

Ummm, it has a decent amount of shooters for a console that JUST came out a few months ago....

PS3 because it has massive potential. Wii also has potential although single player games might take a backseat to family games. In about a year from now, the PS3 will probably be everyones favourite console, judging by the release date list.

I doubt it will be everyone's favorite console.... Especially considering it's still immensely more expensive than the other three.

In time the price will drop, just as every other console....Maybe then ps3 is favoured (I doubt it, not by everyone tho)

I knew this would turn into a console war, but for the sake of conversation, Xbox 360. I like Halo and Saint's Row. And Xbox Live does pwn online gaming.

Yeah Halo rocks! Although PS3 claim to have that unique content for GTA4, i guess i'll just have to buy both of them :bashhead:

wii is cool too, ok i buy them all!!! :clapping:

I think any topic regarding the best next gen console will turn into a flame war, as everyone has an opinion. ^ For xbox 360 itll probably be new missions or something, but apparently Ive heard that there may be 1 or 2 new islands, albeit small ones, in the dl able content for the ps3?

Me and QD almost had a flaming thing. But we prevented it so this topic would stay.

Only me and Spaz have voted Wii. :o

And I think taking them all would be a little to much of the good. 400 for the Xbox is alot. No way I'm gonna spend 1250 for all those consoles. Ow, and 60 for the games..

I knew this would turn into a console war, but for the sake of conversation, Xbox 360. I like Halo and Saint's Row. And Xbox Live does pwn online gaming.

Yeah Halo rocks! Although PS3 claim to have that unique content for GTA4, i guess i'll just have to buy both of them :bashhead:

wii is cool too, ok i buy them all!!! :clapping:

No one can buy all three. I have a friend who won the lottery and he doesn't even want to spend the $600 on the PS3. Even though he could.

well did you guys know that the blu ray drive in the ps3 is worth alone 1000 dollars so it an alright price if you look at the small detail.

That has been said for about a thousand times... But I don't think games need Blu-ray ATM. They should have, just like 360, made it be able to later put the blu-ray drive in. When blu-ray is actually getting used and the worth of it is lower, and reasonable.

why could'nt anyone buy all three??

Lol because it would cost alot...

Ps3: $999 Aus

Xbox 360: $600 Or around there?Aus Price

Wii: Not sure ..Like $400 Aus.

And.............

Also i doubt someone want's to get all three with the same games,and having to change inputs on your Hi-Fi or stereo,And Tv and that each time you wan't to play a different console.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm for the Playstation 3 since it is a more powerful system. You also have the ability to install other os' on it.

I'm gonna get the PS3 and Xbox 360. I'm getting a 360 in a couple weeks and since this summer/fall i'm getting a hdtv I'm gonna get me a PS3.

No system is better than the other tho. The Playstation 3 is better as a super computer, the 360 is aimed more at online gamers and the Wii is aimed more twords, uh, I guess little kids. So there is going to be no winner. It all depends on what you like to do.

• 2 weeks later...

IMHO the Wii will get boring by 08, unless Nintendo can make new and exciting games for it, which would be very, very hard considering their past (Itsa Mario! and "Pika!" should make all but the stupidest remember), If the PS3 wants any chance of catching up to 360 and Wii, it will have to get some good games, and Sony will have to lower price now that they are stopping production of the 20Gb version, 360 can just relax after Wii bombs out because of lack of difference in games, and because Sonys PR department seems to think that we all dream of giving them Blowjobs.....

The Playstation 3 is better as a super computer

It's a weak computer. Sure it's a powerfull console, but still a weak computer.

the Wii is aimed more twords, uh, I guess little kids.

COD 3, Red Steel and Far Cry are for little kids?

That little thing in your sig proves the Wii is winning.

You're right in the OS on the PS3 though.

a 1000 movies on only 60 gb... Dude, a decent movie is more than 1 gig.

And yes, The ps3 is a brilliant system, but it's not changing the manner we game. If the Nintendo 64 wasn't made no playstation would have been made either. N64 accomplished a milestone in my eyes.

I agree 100% with the N64 being the 3d pioneer. As with the movies, my movies are mostly 500-700MB.

Anyway, the 360 is my favourite new console.