Help with a little project

Old dude

Hi, new to these forums but certainly not GTA.

This is a little unusal, but I have a few things to ask. First I'll give a brief lowdown.

There is a rather unpleasant character whom drives around my home town like an utter arse, and generally thinks hes gods gift, as well as a fantastic driver.

Now apart from writing off 2 cars, he basically makes peoples lives an annoyance.

Heres just one of his exploits - Linky

So, Id like to create a little fraps recreation of his exploits, using GTA SA.

What I would like is:

An audi A3 (cant find a decent one for SA) Or failing that, a decent A4.

Some speed bumps (not hopeful on this one)

A good place for a crash into a hedge on the map (I can find this easy, but suggestions welcome!)

Oh, and as an after thought, a ford focus! Estate if possible :D

Possibly some more things, I will add later.

Im having the most trouble finding the A3 (need a decent one), and while I will carry on searching, I was hoping someone would know of one.

Cheers in advance.

ok i can find the cars easly but i dont know if there are any speed bumps...

ok i will Send the links to you by PM'ing you , for some reason the link button isnt working :(

Cheers, thats solved a few problems.

I also looked at that site and found an A3, which is what I want as well.

Unfortunatly, it doesnt seem to work.

I replaced the img and txt files (or whatever they are), but the readme says I should replace such and such lines with the values in the readme (which, it is the readme, and there isnt any in there!).

While I dont think handling etc matters, does the collision one?

Sadly I have to reinstall the game, due to it now freezing all the time.

I always seem to have this problem as well when I install too many cars. Is there a limit or something? It never seems to be a certain car in general.

And is there an easier way than using the img tool?

I use SAMI, but obviously theres many cars which dont have SAMI files.

Oh, and Im still looking for:

A ford focus (normal looking, not racing or anything)

Possibly an A3, if I cant get this one to work.

And, what would be awesome, a speed camera, or speed camera van!!

Ok. umm as for sami all you need is the dff and txd files in a win zip or rar archive. also if anyone finds a speed bump let me know that would be so helpfull since i would like to get into modding maps and stunting. I still think there should be a really big building where modders can bring there comps just to mod and share mods with eachother on a really high speed internet connection :S then i could help you one on one so i could see the problem. as for amounts of mods no there is no limmit. i have over 55 car mods in and a map

Small update:

Found a good A3 that works.

Currently in the process of getting more cars installed so it looks like England, it all helps.

I havent looked yet, but I assume there is a mod to turn CJ white? And maybe skins for the police to look like English police? Shame about the licence plates on cars, cant help that.

But I really cant find a speed camera van, or even a speed camera. Anyone know of any?

Also...

Im going to use fraps, but not very used to it. The final thing will be roughly 2 mins long and probably hosted on youtube, or some such.

What settings would be best? Such as frames per min, res, etc etc as i dont want it to be big, but dont want it too look like cack either.

Cheers for all the help so far.

You will all see the final thing, once I have played with fraps and movie maker.

Cheers.

Still cant find a speed camera van.

Dont spose anyone wants to try making one?

I'm good on that part. but I maybe able to help you with the plates. If you want use txd workshop and (on most modded cars) replace the plate. It doesnt work the default cars but if you open the txd for that a3 and any other cars you replace you may be able to find the plate. talk to slayer if you need more help. Good luck!

EDIT: The Game already has speedbumps in it. Its just a matter of learning to use a map EDITOR (downloaded too many that happened to be veiwers) and adding the speed bump to the right place. I think you can do it by editing the script too. the tutorial for that is pinned.

Edited by Heavenly_Blade

really ive never found the speed bumps in the game, where are they?

All over Las Venturas. You just have to pay attention. The Arena in lv has lots in the parking lot. a bunch of the stores have em too. there accually parking curbs but their vertually the same thing.

Cheers for that. Unfortunatly, my game has bummed itself again, getting me highly annoyed.

It seems whenever I add a lot of cars (15+) it bums the game.

Can only play for a few seconds/minutes at a time. How do I install cars with SAMI?

I just follow the normal way, find the file and it installs fine. Usually it works, but obviously something gets messed up somewhere.

It doesnt seem to be a specific car either.

Thanks for the speedbump thing, I might look at that after getting it working properly.

Now I have to go and reinstall the damn game again.

Ok, good advice.

Few things tho... what do you mean by manually installing them? Using the img tool to replace it, rather than SAMI?

Also...

Does it matter what car you replace? i.e. does it have to be for the intended replacement car that the modder wanted, or can it be any?

Is there a mod that gives all the cars in one place? I used to try and test after each one, but sometimes finding the car can be a total bitch to do. Especially if its one of the ones that are not parked anywhere.

Cheers.

Ok, good advice.

Few things tho... what do you mean by manually installing them? Using the img tool to replace it, rather than SAMI?

Also...

Does it matter what car you replace? i.e. does it have to be for the intended replacement car that the modder wanted, or can it be any?

Is there a mod that gives all the cars in one place? I used to try and test after each one, but sometimes finding the car can be a total bitch to do. Especially if its one of the ones that are not parked anywhere.

Cheers.

Yeah, use IMG tool to import/export models and textures (you have the readme with every mod) and probably notepad to edit the handling files.

It's not a good idea to replace any car stick with replacing those meant to be replaced with a certain mod.

You can use car spawner to spawn ANY vehicle from SA. You can get one from the site's download database.

No damage is okay, I know I use it. Basically it doesn't slow down your vehicleafter loads of tries. But it's much more useful with aerial stunting. That way I won't die everytime I crash/scratch so I can just reload the start position (teleport, not loading a save file) and go again. But only scratchless stunts count. It's very easy to tell when someone has modded an aerial stunt. If you see a plane gliding along the floor then it's defo modded. Without the mod the plane would explode the same second.

People make mistakes with tail/landing gears going into the ground. That's because they're mostly not solid and replay shows only vehicle movements, not it's current stats, which sucks. I was making a mod that would hide the landing gear in reps but the work's stopped because my TXD workshop has bugs...