Grand Theft Auto 4 -- PC Version ?

balbaro

Do you think there will be a GTA4 for PC?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• Yes, definitely.
    • No.
    • Maybe, not sure.
    • I hope so, but you never know.

Hello everyone,

Sorry if this has been asked before but, the poll on this web site mentions that 53% of the people want a PC version, what are the chances of Rockstar not releasing a PC version ?

Even eventual rumours are ok , i'm desperate :rolleyes:

Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories... well i would also buy a PC version and i guess i wouldent be the only one.

ROCKSTAR are you reading...

I tried but i cannot get used to playing a game like GTA without mouse and KB.

balbaro

Edited by Jared
Added poll.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah PC version is coming. R* just wants to make max money from selling xbox and ps3 GTA4 versions. No one will pay 80$ for GTA4 if cracked PC version is out. When the PC version will be out ( about a year after the ps3 and xbox GTA4 ) some people will download the cracked GTA4 but some will buy the real thing - so again its a way to get some money for R*

Yeah PC version is coming. R* just wants to make max money from selling xbox and ps3 GTA4 versions. No one will pay 80$ for GTA4 if cracked PC version is out. When the PC version will be out ( about a year after the ps3 and xbox GTA4 ) some people will download the cracked GTA4 but some will buy the real thing - so again its a way to get some money for R*

I'm sure most people would get the legal PC version if they're not greedy for it.

I expect that the PC version will be released quite a while after the console versions, so I'll probably buy the PS3 version when it comes out. When the PC version does coem out, I'll buy it again, especially when it's more than likely there will be features on the PC version that weren't available on the PS3/360 versions.

I think it should be better that Rockstar should release a PC version of GTA 4 not too long after the Ps3 and Xbox360 versions. My opinion is that the game offers a greater experience while playing it only with mouse and KB. I tryied playing Gta Liberty City Stories on the PSP but it kinda sucks...Too bad Gta 4 will have exclusive content for the consoles.:(

I cant see it not being released for the pc, they have released all the others on pc so it would be silly not to, plus they'll get extra revenue from it.

Well, Liberty and Vice City Stories haven't been ported to PC but those GTA games were only to keep us busy until GTA IV but regardless GTA IV's PC Port should be 2008.

THey would have to do a computer version for all the people that cant afford a PS3 or X360

That may be, but you would probably need a high end computer to play GTA4. Which may even end up costing more than a PS3. For example, my 1GB RAM that I got for Christmas cost $200.

There will definitely be a PC version. I enjoy just looking at the mods people make.

THey would have to do a computer version for all the people that cant afford a PS3 or X360

That may be, but you would probably need a high end computer to play GTA4. Which may even end up costing more than a PS3. For example, my 1GB RAM that I got for Christmas cost $200.

Well yeah, we would probully need a new video card, RAM as you said and a Blu-Ray ROM.

Anyways back on topic: If they wait till 2008 to bring GTA4, i might as well get a PS3 or X360 now

The main benefits of consoles are that they are the cheapest ways to get that kind of computing power. It would cost £1000 ($2000) to get a PC with specs anywhere close to the Xbox 360. The PS3 is quite heavily subsidized by Sony to make it remotely affordable.

The PC release of GTAIV is expected to be June 2008, to follow the trends of previous games. There's nothing saying that's for certain but it's the best we've got.

The specs required for a game for June 2008? No doubt 1gb of RAM being a minimum, but I wouldn't be remotely surprised if the recommended spec was 2gb. Maybe 10gb of hard disk space, maybe a 3ghz CPU minimum (or a 3200+ AMD). Kinda guessing that far into the future though. Maybe we'll see a game that has built-in multithreading capabilities?

The main benefits of consoles are that they are the cheapest ways to get that kind of computing power. It would cost £1000 ($2000) to get a PC with specs anywhere close to the Xbox 360. The PS3 is quite heavily subsidized by Sony to make it remotely affordable.

The PC release of GTAIV is expected to be June 2008, to follow the trends of previous games. There's nothing saying that's for certain but it's the best we've got.

The specs required for a game for June 2008? No doubt 1gb of RAM being a minimum, but I wouldn't be remotely surprised if the recommended spec was 2gb. Maybe 10gb of hard disk space, maybe a 3ghz CPU minimum (or a 3200+ AMD). Kinda guessing that far into the future though. Maybe we'll see a game that has built-in multithreading capabilities?

I'd expect somewhere around that too, and my computer is only a 1.70GHz Pentium 4 with 512MB of RAM. I'd suspect a 128MB minimum and 256MB recommended video card too... I just recently upgraded to a 128MB.