Grand Theft Auto 4 -- PC Version ?

balbaro

Do you think there will be a GTA4 for PC?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• Yes, definitely.
    • No.
    • Maybe, not sure.
    • I hope so, but you never know.

The specs required for a game for June 2008? No doubt 1gb of RAM being a minimum, but I wouldn't be remotely surprised if the recommended spec was 2gb. Maybe 10gb of hard disk space, maybe a 3ghz CPU minimum (or a 3200+ AMD). Kinda guessing that far into the future though. Maybe we'll see a game that has built-in multithreading capabilities?

Yeah, probably, since GTA was always low on system specs. Plus that would mean I have those specs atm :mellow:. Awesome.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, does anybody actually own a PC that is more powerful than an Xbox 360? I thought so. Well, at least PC players get SAMP (I guess it would be GTA4MP or something like that by then) or Multi Theft Auto, if they download it.

I dont :thumbsdown:

Actually, does anybody actually own a PC that is more powerful than an Xbox 360? I thought so. Well, at least PC players get SAMP (I guess it would be GTA4MP or something like that by then) or Multi Theft Auto, if they download it.

I think that would be the best Multi-Player game ever made by fans.

I will only play the PC version. I HATE playing on a TV screen, and I hate using a controller. I'd be much happier at my PC with my headphones on so I won't feel so open. Also, the controls are so much easier with a M+KB, which is why I always buy a PC version.

Dude, I find a KB and mouse as absolutely FRUSTRATING to use with GTA. It's definitely much more suited to the FPS genre. And what is the difference between a tv and monitor? Yeah, that's right, nothing.....

THey would have to do a computer version for all the people that cant afford a PS3 or X360

That may be, but you would probably need a high end computer to play GTA4. Which may even end up costing more than a PS3. For example, my 1GB RAM that I got for Christmas cost $200.

There will definitely be a PC version. I enjoy just looking at the mods people make.

You got ripped off pretty bad, there.... And while the high-end PC WOULD probably cost more than the PS3, it can do so much more. So it would probably be worth it, anyways...

xbox 360 will be a lil less than the ps3 and way less than the PC. its been like that for all the games.

You are made of fail, sir. The Xbox versions of GTA have actually been better than the PS2 versions. And I'd be willing to bet, that the 360 and PS3 versions of GTA won't be much different from each other. I think they'll be pretty similar.

A lot of people own PCs that would OWN both the 360 and PS3, FYI.... Both systems are already out-dated according to high-end PCs.

That may be, but you would probably need a high end computer to play GTA4. Which may even end up costing more than a PS3. For example, my 1GB RAM that I got for Christmas cost $200.

You got ripped off dude. I paid $37 for 512MB 2 years ago. So buying a gig back then would have cost lest than half of what you paid. Although I paid $58 for 512MB of PC133 RAM for someone else's older computer a few months ago. Maybe you were upgrading an old computer?

Who ever said the game would be released on HD-DVD or Blu-Ray: I don't know about that. Capacity-wise its probably sensible since the game'll probably be 10GB or more, but will these formats be the standard in a year? Maybe they will I don't know. Games are still released CD's today so it stands to reason even if they do release the game on HD-DVD or Blu-Ray they'll still release it on DVD.

Maybe they'll even release the game on 15 CD's or 7 million floppy disks. :lolbounce:

Edited by Heat84

Who ever said the game would be released on HD-DVD or Blu-Ray: I don't know about that. Capacity-wise its probably sensible since the game'll probably be 10GB or more, but will these formats be the standard in a year? Maybe they will I don't know. Games are still released CD's today so it stands to reason even if they do release the game on HD-DVD or Blu-Ray they'll still release it on DVD.

Yeah, strange how nobody got that point before. See, the fact that CD still live, and are still known to sometimes be prefered over DVD means that it's hard to catch up with the latest standards, and that's why older formats, when they get widespread are much more popular than the newest ones. Right now you still can't beat the DVD. Some games come on multiple DVDs (like Splinter Cell). So why wouldn't GTA? Besides, GTA was always low on system requirements, and that wouldn't count out the optical drives.

Defo ripped off. I dobut that even the fastest RAM would cost that much.

xbox 360 will be a lil less than the ps3 and way less than the PC. its been like that for all the games.

You are made of fail, sir. The Xbox versions of GTA have actually been better than the PS2 versions. And I'd be willing to bet, that the 360 and PS3 versions of GTA won't be much different from each other. I think they'll be pretty similar.

i was talking about the profit it will make......

they prolly will be similar i guess but they will both have different things. xbox will prolly use xboxlive and ps3 will prolly use blurays capacity for something.

Edited by tilly

You'd need a DVD reader, and it would come with like 5 DVDs

W/E spaz, GTA is much easier on PC, i have 16% on VC for PS2, 94% on PC

....... I can't drive for shit on the PC versions, while I can, when I want to, keep my cars in up-most condition for a while with the PS2 controller. The console controllers have SENSITIVITY, of which the keyboard lacks, heavily.... How exactly do you lean forward((not stand up..... lean forward)) on the PC? I don't see how it's possible. Or slightly turn....

I hope so ,but now I have an AMD Athlon 3800+ procesor,1024RAM and 256 VRAM,do you think GTA 4 will run decent on my computer or I need to upgrade-it ?I hope so ,only if they do a PC-DVD version.....maybe April/March 2008......

GTA4 should run flawlessly with those specs. The specs required to run GTA games have always been below the specs of top of the line PC's so I don't see why GTA4 should be any different. If R* wants maximize their profits, they're smart to make the game playable on PC's that are a couple years old.

Here's the keyboard I use: ac4b_1.JPG

I'm never going back to the typical keyboard/mouse setup that pretty much everyone else uses. This allows me sit back in my chair and not have to sit-up to use the mouse like the rest of you. The only thiing better would be if it were wireless, then I can play while laying on my bed. And having the mouse touchpad right under the arrow keys is very advantagous when playing GTA.

When I was looking for this picture I found one of these on sale here on E-Bay. The starting bid is $9.99.

Edited by Heat84