Grand Theft Auto 4 -- PC Version ?

balbaro

Do you think there will be a GTA4 for PC?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• Yes, definitely.
    • No.
    • Maybe, not sure.
    • I hope so, but you never know.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are definately going to make a GTA4 for the PC. I believe that the PC version of San Andreas, Vice City and III sold better than the console versions because you could add mods to the PC and download the online free-for-all and the PC is convinient to most people.

But i'm sure with the PS3's internet compatibility, you could probably download mods for GTA4 or play online.

They've really got to get GTA online. I just loved the Survivor Deathmatches on the PSP GTAs!

They are definately going to make a GTA4 for the PC. I believe that the PC version of San Andreas, Vice City and III sold better than the console versions because you could add mods to the PC and download the online free-for-all and the PC is convinient to most people.

But i'm sure with the PS3's internet compatibility, you could probably download mods for GTA4 or play online.

They've really got to get GTA online. I just loved the Survivor Deathmatches on the PSP GTAs!

Just because the PS3 has internet capabilities does not mean you can mod the games. To mod the game you must actually alter files in the game, which is on the disk, which is uneditable. Just like people swore up and down that you'd be able to mod LCS because the PSP had a memory stick in it...... The most you can do is temp. alter hex values to do funky things to the game, you can't add anything that isn't already there.....

I cant see it not being released for the pc, they have released all the others on pc so it would be silly not to, plus they'll get extra revenue from it.

Well, Liberty and Vice City Stories haven't been ported to PC but those GTA games were only to keep us busy until GTA IV but regardless GTA IV's PC Port should be 2008.

I meant REAL gta games like GTA Vice City, not half-hearted efforts cut down for the PSP.

Yes previous GTAs have been low on specs but this is a new one,I don`t want the specs to be a minimum 1GB of RAM and 256 VRAM,maybe the recomanded specs.....can and AMD Athlon 3800+ processor run the GTA 4 part 2?or part 3? damn I think my processor is too low...I hope the game will be kool with meduim specs.......more money 4 R* this way.Pls answer the question...sorry 4 being a little off topic...

Yes previous GTAs have been low on specs but this is a new one,I don`t want the specs to be a minimum 1GB of RAM and 256 VRAM,maybe the recomanded specs.....can and AMD Athlon 3800+ processor run the GTA 4 part 2?or part 3? damn I think my processor is too low...I hope the game will be kool with meduim specs.......more money 4 R* this way.Pls answer the question...sorry 4 being a little off topic...

Do you mean the question you asked about a game that hasn't even been announced yet? How can we answer that?

Well it's most likely going to use RAGE and seeing how Table Tennis looks using that engine, I'd say 2-4GB of RAM, An Athlon FX-55 or X2 4200, or any Intel Core 2, nVidia 7 series/ATi x1800 series as a minimum for graphics, but I'm guessing it will support DirectX 10 so perhaps you'll need an 8800 to see those effects.

But I'm probably way off and just guessing.

Well it's most likely going to use RAGE and seeing how Table Tennis looks using that engine, I'd say 2-4GB of RAM, An Athlon FX-55 or X2 4200, or any Intel Core 2, nVidia 7 series/ATi x1800 series as a minimum for graphics, but I'm guessing it will support DirectX 10 so perhaps you'll need an 8800 to see those effects.

Man you exagerated.R* will lose lots of money if that were the minimum specs `cuz I`ve never seen a house computer to be that good,this willl work maybe on the last GTA4 game (part 3 or 4 ) and it will be not the Minimum,I`ll be the recomanded. No one will buy this game if they`ll have to spend hundreds of dollars 4 only 1 game .

Man you exagerated.R* will lose lots of money if that were the minimum specs `cuz I`ve never seen a house computer to be that good,this willl work maybe on the last GTA4 game (part 3 or 4 ) and it will be not the Minimum,I`ll be the recomanded. No one will buy this game if they`ll have to spend hundreds of dollars 4 only 1 game .

Okay, first of all, I didn't exaggerate, I don't know the minimum specs but judging by how Table Tennis looks, I'd imagine high specs would be required for GTA4.

And if you have a computer that is actually good enough to play games, you should have no problem meeting those specs in the summer of 2008.

PC gamers (including me) spend money to upgrade parts for one game all the time! I built this computer so I could play a few specific games. Hell, I'm buying an x1950xt this winter so I can play HL2 Episode 2 and hopefully GTA4.

Oh and minimum specs are lies, why would you even play on minimum specifications, it's choppy as fuck and it looks like what would happen if Helen Keller created a cartoon.

True fans of a game will upgrade and pay to play regardless of the cost.

You are right but common` 2 GB of RAM ,there is no game with that specs ,only a few games require 1GB of RAM ,hopefully !GB is the recomanded 4 GTA4 ,the jump from SA (384 RAM )to 2-4GB is a little HUGE :).That means that the GTA 4 will have 10x better graphix that SA,which I honestly doubt.Any way `till GTA 4 is released I`l upgrade my PC with another 1GB of RAm ,so I`ll have 2.GTA 4 should run normally

• 2 weeks later...
Well I`ll put the question other way:Will the next GTAs(GTA part 2...) will have so high system specs?And the other wich is off topic...Do I have an low processor?

AGAIN. We CAN'T answer that. For we do not know....

You've never seen a house computer to be that good? They are ALL OVER THE PLACE. Most gaming machines have outrageous specs so they can run most any game. When a game comes out they can't run..... They upgrade. Welcome to the world of PC gaming....

You are right but common` 2 GB of RAM ,there is no game with that specs ,only a few games require 1GB of RAM ,hopefully !GB is the recomanded 4 GTA4 ,the jump from SA (384 RAM )to 2-4GB is a little HUGE :).That means that the GTA 4 will have 10x better graphix that SA,which I honestly doubt.Any way `till GTA 4 is released I`l upgrade my PC with another 1GB of RAm ,so I`ll have 2.GTA 4 should run normally

RAM isn't all about graphics, dude. Your logic would only make sense if the ONLY thing they upgraded was graphics. It's about object loading, texture loading((a lot of textures would take up a lot of RAM, even if they aren't high-res)), video, sound, etc. Why aren't you understanding this?