Your Religion / Beliefs

Chris

I'm an Atheist.

I can't believe in Christ or God, it's just hard for me to believe in something I don't see, well maybe except for Aliens, but that's a different thing.

sometimes, its quite funny when someone don't believe in God exists but they believe in "love" exists but you can't see both things.

God and Love is different.

Love doesn't exists in a physical form.

I guess I explained myself in a wrong way. I meant I don't believe in God cause: 1. I can't see him ; 2. I see no proofs for his existance.

So I know things like Love, Hatred and etc don't have a physical form, cause it exists inside of people's soul or something.

Same like God. People think he's in heaven or inside of them, but for some people it's not.

I hope I cleared my point.

Edited by King Cannibal

I am a Vincentologist meaning I am a religion unto myself. I am raised in a Christian home but my father says it is up to the individual to find his or her own salvation. I firmly believe in the afterlife. No offense to the atheists out there but to believe there is no God is stating you are God because you "know it all" and the beginning of all wisdom is "I know nothing". The best you can say is you don't know if God exists and leave it at that. But to "debunk" God is just an impossible task... unless you know his phone number. Now as to all the major faiths such as Christian, Muslim, and Jew you are involved in mixing your current politics into your religion. That is why I separate myself from those major faith centers. The Christians for the most part (in my opinion) don't understand the teachings of Christ or even the basic root structure of their religion. While the Muslims seem to be a polar opposite (no not evil) they understand their root religion and teachings and refuse to be flexible to the point that it causes health issues and social problems. The Jews seem to be somewhere in the middle, with many orthodox clinging to old tradition and modern era practically abandoning the faith. I never expect any of the major faiths to get along or agree on their beliefs. I have ideas and theories instead, you can alter an idea as time passes but it is much harder to say you believe in something one day and change your belief the next. As I said before, I firmly believe in an afterlife and that will never change. But how you get to your afterlife is up to you the individual. In the meanwhile, have fun!

I consider myself christian, raised in a Catholic house, but im not sure what the difrence between Protestant and Catholic is

The Protestant separated off from the Catholics when a monk by the name of Martin Luther "protested" and formed the German Lutheran Church. He also got married. Later King Henry the 8th desired to divorce his brother's wife and wed a new Queen. He rejected the church of Rome and founded the Church of England making it legal to get divorced.

Funny sometimes what makes a whole new religion system.

So the only difference is that protestants can get divorced?

Also, di you know Henry the 8th was only technacly married to 3 of the women they say he married. Not sure which ones tjough

here in my country, as far as i know, divorce and annulment is prohibited.

but yeah, if that was the only reason why the protestants seceded from Roman Catholic church, it is very immature.

Also, di you know Henry the 8th was only technacly married to 3 of the women they say he married. Not sure which ones tjough

but yeah, if that was the only reason why the protestants seceded from Roman Catholic church, it is very immature.

I guess you'd have to as a Brit but from what history tells us King Henry the 8th got the title King when his brother died. His brother was married to a Spanish Queen which was an aranged marrage to bring the countries together. Henry had to accept her as his wife even though she was his brother's widow. He fell in lust or love for a girl named Anne which he had two children by the son was a still birth and a girl who went on to become Queen. Henry accused his new Queen Anne of being unfaithful and had her beheaded for treason. Like I said in my earlier post Christians seem to confuse politics with religion.

I guess you'd have to as a Brit but from what history tells us King Henry the 8th got the title King when his brother died. His brother was married to a Spanish Queen which was an aranged marrage to bring the countries together. Henry had to accept her as his wife even though she was his brother's widow. He fell in lust or love for a girl named Anne which he had two children by the son was a still birth and a girl who went on to become Queen. Henry accused his new Queen Anne of being unfaithful and had her beheaded for treason. Like I said in my earlier post Christians seem to confuse politics with religion.

based on what i heard, King Henry VIII beheaded all of his wives who cannot produce him a son. And he kept finding a wife who can give him a son but the pope forbade him to marry again. And as a result, he broke away from Catholicism and created Anglican.

• 2 months later...
I'm just wondering how many fellow GTA fans here are religious or believe in some sort of superior being or force.

I class myself an atheist as I don't believe in God. Though as that old quote says, "the only real difference between us is that I believe in one less God than you do". Now I don't want to cause any arguments in this topic, I'm simply looking for everyones opinions on religion and how they differ across the world.

I myself can't see the point of religion. I don't understand why people feel the need to believe that some superior being has supposedly created the world and put us all here. I think it's a illogical and I cannot see any sense in it - that is why I don't believe in God.

I see sense in the explanation that we have evolved over millions of years. It makes perfect sense to me, and it's more natural. I guess that would make me agnostic?

That's just how I feel about everything. I think my opinions are solidly justified here, there's no disputing that. I know many of you will completely disagree, that's fine, as long as you justify your opinions etc.

Please keep it civilised. No arguing at all or we'll suspend you!

Where do you think where we'll be at when we are all dead?

Well, currently, in India, there is a war, not exactly war, but a big fight about Christians living in India, and extremists are trying to get them out of their country. It's kind of fucked up, but the fact is, there won't be any type of relief until someone stops it all, but that being India, it won't happen in a while, especially with what's been popping up recently last month and this month.

not that i like to admit it a lot but i am technically a roman catholic...

it was however forced upon until i told my mum where to shove her religion... well not exactly like that but i "quit" so to speak

alot of my family were like why did you do it and i was like well i dont need some 'god' to tell me what to do or how to be a good person i can work that out for myself i have a sense of morals and stuff, plus have you read the catechism lately? if not, dont it is in my opinion a whole load of shite.

and apparently the pope is 'gods' mouthpiece, ok then why does each pope come out with a different rendition of 'gods' words?

anyway enough of the rant...