Your Religion / Beliefs

Chris

There are too many flaws in every religion to show that their God managed to creat every single bacteria, gas and all the science mumble jumble. When i say flaws i mean Adam and Eve with the talking snake, Jonah and the whale, Noah's ark ark that must of been the size of Africa, Dinosaurs were apparently created along with man, "God" loves us but chooses to terrorizes earth with diseases/disasters and retarted babies and the list goes on.

I believe that a God might exist, I don't really know. BUT I'm certain that he did not create a zombie son or throw a giant enchanted rock on earth.

Raybob come tell me that this is somehow wrong.

True!

There's something that bugs me about the whole Adam and Eve concept. Where did their names come from? We couldn't speak english back then. Hell, we couldn't even speak!

My Grandma used to believe that Jesus was white and spoke English. When my uncle tried told her that he would have been Israeli and spoken hebrew she went bonkers and wrote him an angry letter. Thats what I find bizarre that many Catholics and Christians believe he was white, espically with all the paintings showing him that way.

I don't honestly believe that God could have created the Earth in seven days. In the 1800s people managed to calculate how old the Earth would have been if the Bible was taken literelly. They calculated about 6000 years old. Then in Aaron a geologists (can not remember the mans name) realised by looking at the rocks that they couldnt have possibly been created in 6000 years. This is why I can not honestly see why people believe the Bible as fact when there is proof that it can't be true. I think Rappo is right about the Bible.

• 3 weeks later...
Go read the bible, it's your proof.

Have you even read it yourself? It proves nothing. Just because it is written in ink means it's fact? Wow, yeah, that makes perfect sense.

Just realized this was my first post in this topic. My religion? Don't have one. I'd rather not constrict myself with a set of beliefs. My "religion"((read: beliefs)) could change at anytime for any reason. Why? Because what I believe right now might not be the most logical thing to believe. It's the most logical to ME right NOW, but that's because I don't know something more logical. If, of course, I discover something that makes more sense to me, I'm obviously going to change my mind((otherwise, I'd be a willful ignorant)). To deny something JUST because your beliefs say otherwise is both ignorant and selfish.

I let logic and intuition guide my beliefs. I let personal experiences change my beliefs. I live in the moment, and that's where I keep my beliefs.

I believe in reincarnation. I believe in a "higher power". We all, usually, do. If you step back and think for a second((meaning, pulling your heads out of your "holy books" and listening to each other for JUST a minute)), you're all PREACHING THE SAME EXACT STORY. THINK ABOUT IT. Ninety-nine percent of all religions preach the same story. The facts are ALL THE SAME. The difference? The details. The details could vary from slight name changes, to entirely different entities.... But in the end, the core story is the same. And yet, these detail changes cause us to WAGE WAR ON EACH OTHER. It causes us to scream "INFIDEL!", "SATANIST!", "GODLESS HEATHEN!", etc. etc.

Look at it like this, you can get one story, from three different cultures, and JUST because of the cultural differences, there will be differences in it. The message will always be the same, but it will be altered to a way that each culture can understand and relate to. Welcome to the difference of religion. It isn't about who is right or wrong. It is about whether you're facing the right direction and moving that way. Names, details, things like that are unimportant. The important part is HOW YOU LIVE YOUR LIFE.

If I HAD to put myself in a category, I'd probably be some type of Pagan. I believe the "higher power" is just the natural energy that the universe, and all of us, are made out of. Everything is made up of the same energy.

• 3 weeks later...
^I believe Filipinos really have a strong devotion to God.

yes, all of the Filipinos i know are believers, although i think my brother is a skeptic or what. I think it is what makes us to think positive despite our hardships in life.

Amen on that; I may not be that of a frequent church attender, but my respect for the Lord (whatever it is just to make up to Him) is something that I always try to do. Religion gives colour and variety to life.

Once, some dickhead came up to me in town and tried to convert me to christian, I was like, "Just fuck off will you?" then he started getting all angry at me, so I nearly had a fight.

I fucking hate people who do that, as if they have the fucking right...to try and tell me what I should believe.

Me: "Fuck off"

christian: "Jesus loves you"

Me: "Sorry, I don't bend that way, now fuck off"

lol my friend was approached by someone telling him about scientology. that was hilarious. they ask such stupid questions (predictable answers). so dumb.

I can't understand scientology really, I dunno if people really take it seriously... I mean skepticism is widely spread nowadays and I know that scientology showed up just quite lately compared to major religions

I'm a strong muslim and have a strong believe in God and his last prophet

Hazrat Muhummed(SAW) and all prophets which god had sent to earth for showing right path of virtue

Islam is the greatest religion and Allah is greatest

Bullshit.

You can't call it the greatest, because if you only believe in Islam, then you wouldn't acknowlage any others to be in the 'greatest list'.

True!

There's something that bugs me about the whole Adam and Eve concept. Where did their names come from? We couldn't speak english back then. Hell, we couldn't even speak!

Kinda strange to reply to an old post but I just wanna clarify something ... It is written in the Bible that the name Adam in hebrew means "human" and "Isha" ( or "Eve" as Adam renamed her ) means "life", because she will give life to the future generations. Hope it helped.

Edited by Gycu Brun X

Hazrat Muhummed(SAW) and all prophets which god had sent to earth for showing right path of virtue

Bullshit.

You can't call it the greatest, because if you only believe in Islam, then you wouldn't acknowlage any others to be in the 'greatest list'.

sorry my mistake i'm really very sorry if i hearted some one sorry

Bullshit.

Well Connor you cant say things like bullshit to somebody's religion or when talking about religion. I myself am a strict muslim and for me Islam is the greatest and Allah........

And what he said was kind of his own opinion and you totally cannot say things like bullshit when talking about people's faiths or believes that really hurted me ! :thumbsdown:

Bullshit.

Well Connor you cant say things like bullshit to somebody's religion or when talking about religion. I myself am a strict muslim and for me Islam is the greatest and Allah........

And what he said was kind of his own opinion and you totally cannot say things like bullshit when talking about people's faiths or believes that really hurted me ! :thumbsdown:

I was only referring to the part about it being the greatest, and read my post again and it'll answer the rest.

If you love Islam so much, it should be the ONLY religion.

Edited by Twisted