Your Religion / Beliefs

Chris

I just found out, according to Orthodox, Jesus was married to a girl called Mary, same name as his mother, and he had 2 kids

According to Orthodox religion you mean? Nope, it does not say such a thing, because I am Orthodox, and I've never heard it. Sure there is speculation on that matter, for example, Dan Brown claims in The Da Vinci Code book, that Jesus was married to Mary Magdalene and he even had kids, so he may have descendents today ( in the movie it is speculated that one of the supporting characters, a woman, is one of Jesus' descendents, that's in the movie, I dunno what's in the book, it can't be something else, only my dad had the patience to read it /facepalm ).

I don't really know what to say, it could be more than speculation, but I believe some stuff is best kept secret.

Religion is filthy and it's roots are rotten yet it's useful in it's ways.

Edited by Gycu Brun X

Jesus is purely fictional, the bible got no solid evidence.

Fixed.

prove it.

if Jesus didn't existed, then there would be no Christians on the present times

By your logic, that would mean hmm Vishnu, Buddha, Allah, Lucifer all existed because there are hindus, muslims, buddhists and satanists exist today.

HOLY CRAP I BETTER GET BUSY!

Fixed.

prove it.

By your logic, that would mean hmm Vishnu, Buddha, Allah, Lucifer all existed because there are hindus, muslims, buddhists and satanists exist today.

HOLY CRAP I BETTER GET BUSY!

it depends, for me, Jesus really did exist even the Muslims believe in Jesus. There was no Vishnu attested in history. Buddha did exist, he is an Indian prince who lived 500 years before Jesus.

by your logic, you just want to bash on me because we contradict on our respective beliefs... I don't want to argue any more with a crap. Because it will always be pointless, especially when I'm talking to a person who cannot respect others belief

Bashing? Where did you get that from?

I started saying there was no Jesus because there was no solid evidence. Then you came off without giving me an answer to go to another question you answered youself.

by your logic, you just want to bash on me because we contradict on our respective beliefs

Errm. So you know that they contradict each other and then ...

I don't want to argue any more with a crap.

Typical religious person. Using some excuse because they cannot answer a question PROPERLY. It's only bashing if i'm wrong. An asshole is an asshole.

It's just simple, god...does not..exist..?

Oh wait, I haven't got any proof.

What proof is there that God exists, tell me, where's the proof? I'm not talking about christianity here, I'm talking about god, so don't use the bible as 'proof' either.

I really want to hear this, I always love the 'proof' I'm given, it's hilarious.

Fixed.

prove it.

lulwhat? So every God that a religion believes in exists? Or do you admit that there can be various religions giving the same god/gods different names, appearances, etc.?

What proof is there that God exists, tell me, where's the proof? I'm not talking about christianity here, I'm talking about God, so don't use the bible as 'proof' either.

I really want to hear this, I always love the 'proof' I'm given, it's hilarious.

Kinda hard to ask for proof for something so hard to define as "God".

Here's some things to reflect on: Do you believe in soul? Do you think you have no soul? Do you believe you're all only flesh and bone? Do you believe in emotions? feelings? DO YOU BELIEVE IN TRUE LOVE? DO you actually think that's not a gift from God? Love is one of the most precious gifts from God IMO. Once you'll feel it, will you think it's just biology instead of a precious gift ? So many questions ...

All in all, love is a part of the proof you are looking for.

What proof is there that God exists, tell me, where's the proof? I'm not talking about christianity here, I'm talking about God, so don't use the bible as 'proof' either.

Here's some things to reflect on: Do you believe in soul? Do you think you have no soul? Do you believe you're all only flesh and bone? Do you believe in emotions? feelings? DO YOU BELIEVE IN TRUE LOVE? DO you actually think that's not a gift from God? Love is one of the most precious gifts from God IMO. Once you'll feel it, will you think it's just biology instead of a precious gift ? So many questions ...

Would you still believe in God if you felt pain and suffering, what about mass murder of your race? Murder of your family? If God is so great, then how has he failed to create me and countless others with an intact and fully functional brain from BIRTH, so fuck the "God thinks you have sinned now he/she must go against everything he/she's just told you and make your life shit" theory?

Thought I'd sort of say my beliefs/religion or whatever. I have no religion. I don't follow by any book, or any god, and I don't care if you're religious or not, as long as you don't try to shove anything down my throat. I used to like to argue with people about religion, and if god exists, but I don't really even think about god or religion at all anymore. I don't think about how we're made, and I enjoy how that is mysterious.

I never have been in a religion, but I used to go to a Morman church in the 3rd grade because my parents thought it'd be good for me but we left the church in about a month because my parents didn't agree with some of the views and rules the church offered.

Even though I don't believe in any religion, I still am scared of going to heaven or hell when I die. Though, I'm much more scared if you just are in a sleep when you die, but that type of sleep where you don't dream, and it's just like that black you see after you pass out and are about to wake up. But, it's just that blackness forever, and you don't think, smell, move, remember. You don't do anything. Nothing. It's just that constant blackness forever, and this goes on forever, and when the Earth dies and the sun dies, it's still this blackness. And this goes on for eternity. And more.

I just try to be the best person I can be on a daily basis because, as far as I know,I don't know what's going to happen after I die.

What i have been discussing is just to let people know that, NOBODY KNOWS if there is a god or not. I DON'T KNOW. IF HE DID EXIST would you think this almighty being that created this universe and all the small particles that create us ALSO created a nice little garden where with magical apples and talking snakes and a zombie son OR force females to completely cover themselves with clothing and then really i think you know all that fairy tale stuff. Hey, they thought having a bad cold meant that evil spirits were on to you back then.

Believing in GOD is one thing, believing in a RELIGION is another.

Would you still believe in God if you felt pain and suffering, what about mass murder of your race? Murder of your family? If God is so great, then how has he failed to create me and countless others with an intact and fully functional brain from BIRTH, so fuck the "God thinks you have sinned now he/she must go against everything he/she's just told you and make your life shit" theory?

God works in mysterious ways it is said, beyound human comprehension. There's a story in the Bible, that of a man called Iov( dunno his name in English Bible), his whole familly was killed and he even got ill with lepra, but he still believed in God ("God gave, God took, bless Him") his faith 'till the end was his stairway to Heaven. I don't know why did God contact Satan and told him to kill Iov's sons and wife, maybe they were sinners, maybe just to proove Iov's faith, nobody knows.

I think I would belive in God, till the end, faith dies last, I'm not sure tough. Faith kept me fighting when I was in trouble.

And Satan is the one that lures human's into commiting sins, you can think twice and fight him with your toughts, mind and rationality.

"The greatest trick Satan ever pulled was to convince people it doesn't exist."

As for why we are not born perfect ... I don't know. I'll have to think more on that one.

God works in mysterious ways it is said, beyound human comprehension. There's a story in the Bible, that of a man called Iov( dunno his name in English Bible), his whole familly was killed and he even got ill with lepra, but he still believed in God ("God gave, God took, bless Him") his faith 'till the end was his stairway to Heaven. I don't know why did God contact Satan and told him to kill Iov's sons and wife, maybe they were sinners, maybe just to proove Iov's faith, nobody knows.

I think I would belive in God, till the end, faith dies last, I'm not sure tough. Faith kept me fighting when I was in trouble.

And Satan is the one that lures human's into commiting sins, you can think twice and fight him with your toughts, mind and rationality.

"The greatest trick Satan ever pulled was to convince people it doesn't exist."

As for why we are not born perfect ... I don't know. I'll have to think more on that one.

Is it not easier to look at it from a LOGICAL way? "

"God has a plan, and we should die for it as a test of faith" or "Dude use your brain"

Cmon in your way of thinking , i could easily cyclops, minotaurs and unicorns exist.

There creatures works in mysterious ways it is said, beyond human comprehesion. There is a book in the greek realology where they said the man stayed true to the unicorn and then he was given blah blah. "The greatest trick the cyclops ever pulled was to convince people it doesn't exist." Now, STOP BASHING MY RELIGION cause we all know of course its real.

Now if that didn't make sense. Can you see the irony?

Now to give points to religion, the morals from Christianity is great. I'm not talking about Jesus loves us all thing. I'm talking about the morals that play apart in real life. As long as your can seperate the morals from the lolwut stuff, i'd support it.

Depends on the religion, though. Some religions don't view "God" as a being that created us and gave us everything we have, but just the same energy that we are made up of. Possibly everything around us, including us. I don't believe in a "traditional" form of God, but I believe in my emotions and feelings, and all that.

• 3 weeks later...

I believe that if in fact a god does exist. He doesn't care if you believe in him, pray, read the bible or have any religious affiliation what so ever. I think that to get into heaven (If there is one), just be a good person. Be kind, compassionate, accept everyone (namely gays, transsexuals, minorities). Just my beliefs. I am a Unitarian Universalist.

I believe that if in fact a god does exist. He doesn't care if you believe in him, pray, read the bible or have any religious affiliation what so ever. I think that to get into heaven (If there is one), just be a good person. Be kind, compassionate, accept everyone (namely gays, transsexuals, minorities). Just my beliefs. I am a Unitarian Universalist.

That's practically how I am as well but I don't know whether god exists or not and if there is heaven or hell. I just try to be as good a person I can be, and yeah I'm going to make mistakes but that happens and you learn from you mistakes, and you become a better person from it. Theoretically at least - I suppose you need a decent level of maturity to actually learn from your mistakes.

BTW, what's a Unitarian Universalist?

Edited by Nate10