Your Religion / Beliefs

Chris

I'd like to think karma exists but then if it did, all the murderers and rapists in the world should be dead by now.

So guys what if the religion you believed in was wrong?

Karma isn't instant.

And it entirely depends on which one, if any, were right.

ignorantbabbleignorantbabbleignorantbabble

Sorry, you are blindly ignoring what she said so you can insult her. Shut up, you're being a dick.

I ain't insulting anybody and as for calling me the dick, your the one who's false quoting me, I don't want to argue here but if you have a problem with any of my comments take it up on PM, I don't argue here.

What a pussy cop-out. You accused her of stereotyping, and she wasn't. She was complaining about specific things that do happen. She never said they all do it. I'm not trying to argue with you, I'm trying to show you that you were just being an ass. You do it quite frequently in these types of topics, then quickly and run behind your "I DON'T WANT TO ARGUE HERE!!!"

I'd like to think karma exists but then if it did, all the murderers and rapists in the world should be dead by now.

So guys what if the religion you believed in was wrong?

Not necessarly. If a murder dies, it isn't justice - it's the easy way out.

That's not necessarily true either. Whether you find death to a murderer right or wrong, that is your opinion on the subject. Not everyone is going to see things in the same perspective you do and I'm not saying just because people might see things differently results in you being wrong, but that everything has pros and cons.

Edited by Nate10

What a pussy cop-out. You accused her of stereotyping, and she wasn't. She was complaining about specific things that do happen. She never said they all do it. I'm not trying to argue with you, I'm trying to show you that you were just being an ass. You do it quite frequently in these types of topics, then quickly and run behind your "I DON'T WANT TO ARGUE HERE!!!"

Definiton of stereotyping from google (wiki) - A stereotype is a phrase relating to all the members of class or set. The term is often used with a negative connotation

Im not running behind 'I don't want to argue', but considering you don't like to be wrong and ALWAYS want to have the final say I think I am arguing here.

I find it annoying when these women sue places for not hiring them for job. There was one women who lost her business which was a hairdressers because she didn't hire this woman who wore a Burkha. She said when people get their hair done they like to see their hairdressers hair and faces as its a very sociable job so she didn't hire her. So she was sued and lost her business which is so unfair.

Notice the word 'these', specifically referring to that specific group and then look at the word 'one women', you will find it is stereotyping.

Definiton of stereotyping from google (wiki) - A stereotype is a phrase relating to all the members of class or set. The term is often used with a negative connotation

Im not running behind 'I don't want to argue', but considering you don't like to be wrong and ALWAYS want to have the final say I think I am arguing here.

I find it annoying when these women sue places for not hiring them for job. There was one women who lost her business which was a hairdressers because she didn't hire this woman who wore a Burkha. She said when people get their hair done they like to see their hairdressers hair and faces as its a very sociable job so she didn't hire her. So she was sued and lost her business which is so unfair.

Notice the word 'these', specifically referring to that specific group and then look at the word 'one women', you will find it is stereotyping.

I think you'll find that Spaz is just trying to make a valid point.

Hardly stereotyping when you think about it. So the woman didn't get a job as a hairdresser. First of all, I'm sure a hairdresser wouldn't have hired her unless she had some decent evidence that showed she could actually give people a decent haircut.

Second of all, there was really no need for her to sue. So she didn't get a job, that's such a tragedy after all.

And you saying that Spaz ALWAYS wants to have the last word in everything indicates to me that it's actually YOU that wants to have the final word in this.

Let me lay this out for you.

"I find it annoying when these women sue places for not hiring them for job"

The keyword there is WHEN, not THESE. She finds it annoying WHEN they sue, this does not insist that they all do it, or that even most of them do. Hell, even if it was only ever the one lady, her statement still stands.

"I find it annoying that these women sue places for not hiring them for job"

Had she typed this, on the other hand, we'd be in a different situation. This statement says that she doesn't like the fact that they do it, which insists that they all do it. Stereotyping.

Is that a little clearer for you? Again, I've noticed you do that. You twist people's words to get angry, argue with people when they correct you, and then when you can't win you decide "I DON'T WANT TO ARGUE!"

The keyword there is WHEN, not THESE. She finds it annoying WHEN they sue, this does not insist that they all do it, or that even most of them do. Hell, even if it was only ever the one lady, her statement still stands.

Had she typed this, on the other hand, we'd be in a different situation. This statement says that she doesn't like the fact that they do it, which insists that they all do it. Stereotyping.

Is that a little clearer for you? Again, I've noticed you do that. You twist people's words to get angry, argue with people when they correct you, and then when you can't win you decide "I DON'T WANT TO ARGUE!"

I'm past the point of caring

EDIT

I have also noticed a few things you dont like it when someone challenges you but for some reason everyone just seems to agree with you. Say all you want that WAS stereotyping. I am not going to reply to you again in this topic - Knowing you still want the last say.....

Edited by Red Devil

EDIT

I have also noticed a few things you dont like it when someone challenges you but for some reason everyone just seems to agree with you. Say all you want that WAS stereotyping. I am not going to reply to you again in this topic - Knowing you still want the last say.....

No, I want people to challenge me. If you just follow along with what I say, you're an idiot who can't think for himself. However, you're being a dickhead right now, because that was not stereotyping. You're so blind to the facts, and so determined to be mad at people about it. Don't even lie, you're going to respond, I know you. You have no self control. I don't care about having the last say, I care about you laying down the douchery just a tad, enough to realize you're just being an asshole.

EDIT

Note the edit that ends with "Knowing you still want the last say".

Another attempt at having the last say?

Fail.

Edited by Greensabre13.

Red Devil, don't go accusing people of petty shit that isn't even true just so you can feel all big and powerful and hope people think the same. Bear clearly didn't do anything wrong and you're just using her for your sick game. Unlucky for you the whole forum is behind her and not you.

This isn't even a discussion about religion anymore, what the hell?

Anyway, back on topic, anybody ever get Christians assuming they have morals and you don't because you're agnostic/atheist?

Thanks for the support guys, its annoying being told that your doing something when you haven't.

Not really, I went to a BBQ with my friends church group and they were lovely and really fun. They knew I wasn't religious and they didn't mind at all.

Its probably the hardcore ones that do that. My Grandma was like that.

Thanks for the support guys, its annoying being told that your doing something when you haven't.

Not really, I went to a BBQ with my friends church group and they were lovely and really fun. They knew I wasn't religious and they didn't mind at all.

Spaz The Great, Public Defender.

I've had Christians tell me((or even speak towards a group including me)) that I/we don't have morals because we aren't Christian. Or ask how we could possibly live our lives without God.

Oh, what I love is the whole, "Living with God, being fake, lost nothing. Living without God, being real, burn in hell. Which one is better?".... I always have to point out that this logic only works if Christianity is the ONLY religion.

I've had Christians tell me((or even speak towards a group including me)) that I/we don't have morals because we aren't Christian. Or ask how we could possibly live our lives without God.

Oh, what I love is the whole, "Living with God, being fake, lost nothing. Living without God, being real, burn in hell. Which one is better?".... I always have to point out that this logic only works if Christianity is the ONLY religion.

Even if Christianity was the only religion it still wouldn't stand up, because that statement assumes that Christianity is 100% correct.

I suppose I should throw my opinion into the mix as well. I don't believe in God. Many people do, and they regularly pray, but I don't believe anything special comes from it. If something does happen, it might not be related to you praying occasionally. It might just be a form of karma, good or bad. I don't believe one person, or being, can create a whole universe in 7 days, it seems preposterous. What I regularly think of, is who gave God the powers to do what he does? Where did he come from? That's why I'll probably never believe he exists. It's my opinion. I could be right, or wrong, but ultimately, it doesn't keep me up at night.

@ Spaz, they're always quick to dismiss other religions. Very, very arrogant to do so.

Even if Christianity was the only religion it still wouldn't stand up, because that statement assumes that Christianity is 100% correct.

No no no. If you spend your life being a Christian and it turns out there is no God and hell and stuff, you haven't lost out, but if you live your life without God and he turns out real you get to burn in hell. The factor they forgot to add in is that if a DIFFERENT religion is right and you're a Christian, then you still lose. We are all playing the same odds.

Once in religious education class:

I was asked about my views and I said that "I believe God doesn't exist because, wait, all you need to do is just look around you right now, do I need to continue?" and then from that quite peaceful and unintimidating speech, I recieved verbal abuse from pupils who were Christian, apparently because I'm sick for not believing in God.

Who has the morals there?

Edited by Connor

We had R.E. every few weeks after we finished Finance or Sex Ed. But my R.E. class was full of stoners and my teacher would go on about how he won't let his kids listen to Greenday and then puts on the Terminator 2 because its "religous". It was quite worrying he says he is going to put on the most religous film he has seen, we excpect Passion of the Christ but then Terminator comes on. Very strange. So my class wasn't really religous anyway so we never had any problems.

We had R.E. every few weeks after we finished Finance or Sex Ed. But my R.E. class was full of stoners and my teacher would go on about how he won't let his kids listen to Greenday and then puts on the Terminator 2 because its "religous". It was quite worrying he says he is going to put on the most religous film he has seen, we excpect Passion of the Christ but then Terminator comes on. Very strange. So my class wasn't really religous anyway so we never had any problems.

Yeah, Christians try to claim it's religious because of judgment day and all that crap. Just trying to find religion in places where it isn't, is all.