Your Religion / Beliefs

Chris

It's true that he's a cunt, just read the Bible.

Aren't I allowed my views on the Christian God?

You have yours.

I don't see where I was trying to convert anyone there.

You already showed your views on God dozens of times, on Christianity, we understood, but you keep bashing Him and insulting Him for "your fun" because you know you will piss people of by doing this. If we read the Bible, we would not get any references to God as being a "cunt", trust me. ;) It is only your interpretation, that will change in future.

No it won't lol.

For some people, people that don't interfere too much with the actual world full of hating, Religion is a way to love, to feel good, to feel protected. But, every religion on this Earth has their own fanatics, people that interpreted very wrong his Religion words and do atrocious things in the name of their interpretation not Religion. Very hard to explain a phenomena using a very small amount of English words.

Religion doesn't suit humanity anymore.

I respect everyone's religion choice, but when they are starting to make fun deliberately of something that I truly believe, well, I cannot let it pass, as I do with other things.

This should clear the rest up.

http://www.evilbible.com/Top_Ten_List.htm

Religion, even if you think that, suits humanity. Still, for a lot of people, religion is a way to have a better, calmly life. Don't try to deny that. It wont work.

The link you gave me, represents the work of an atheist, not that hard to know who else would write those things. God, lets you to do everything you want, lets you believe in what you want, lets you say what you want, till the point of, how I like to call it, "Point of no return". No link, no book against it, no quotes, no scientist, nothing, no matter what will change my opinion, my belief. Simple as that. If you would keep things low, no bashing, no insulting to God, things will all go very well.

This debate, if I can call it like that, will go on and on till the World will come to an end. And it is some time...

Edited by TG187

The link you gave me, represents the work of an atheist, not that hard to know who else would write those things. God, lets you to do everything you want, lets you believe in what you want, lets you say what you want, till the point of, how I like to call it, "Point of no return". No link, no book against it, no quotes, no scientist, nothing, no matter what will change my opinion, my belief. Simple as that. If you would keep things low, no bashing, no insulting to God, things will all go very well.

The work of an Atheist, based upon what the Bible says.

And no he doesn't let you do anything you want, not at all, have you read the Bible?

Edited by Connor

Some chapters, but that was years ago. Never had really an interest on reading it all because I don't want to follow a theology life ( work and so ) nor that I had a lot of time. I am more into politics and philosophy, but that is another story. Got a bit hyped there with the "all what you want..."....

As I understood, He lets you do what ever you want till you and your wishes reach a line, where, if you pass it, the sin appears( of course there are some actions that are straight sins ). Don't really know exactly how to explain it very good. But physically he doesn't do you no harm ( He doesn't slap you, doesn't insult you ) but He will punish you for what you did after you die. That was the concept I was going on in that sentence. So, to say it clear: You can do what you want ( + the sins ) but you wont get any punishment on Earth ( from Him ), in real life, but up there, at the entrance of Heaven, as it is said in the Bible.

Bible says a lot, its still the matter of interpretation. Everyone understands things differently. One can say its true, one doesn't have any idea, one says its crap, others say its unbelievable and so on. But this doesn't mean that God has to be insulted just for fun.

It is just what I did now, I showed my views and my way of thinking onto this. I, for instance, am a bit bored of this debating, knowing it wont end because you will find something fishy in my post, as always and then ask a question and then I have to write a long post, etc...

I really don't think you will understand something from this...

Edited by TG187

I myself can't see the point of religion. I don't understand why people feel the need to believe that some superior being has supposedly created the world and put us all here. I think it's a illogical and I cannot see any sense in it - that is why I don't believe in God.

I see sense in the explanation that we have evolved over millions of years. It makes perfect sense to me, and it's more natural. I guess that would make me agnostic?

That's just how I feel about everything. I think my opinions are solidly justified here, there's no disputing that. I know many of you will completely disagree, that's fine, as long as you justify your opinions etc.

Sorry for quoting such an old post... But that's exactly what I think, actually. Also remember the 2000 World ending, did it happen? No. So why would it happen in 2012? Next may be 2020, then up up and away and the world's never ended.

Edited by Spider-Vice

Gerard's post about Agnostics pretty much summed it up for me. I definitely agree, I don't believe that there is an almighty God, but I'm not stupid enough to say I know everything about everything, because I don't.

I've stated this here before: I do have my certain beliefs, but I also have my doubts.

You can't just change somebody's beliefs in a second. Beliefs are one's own opinion, and you shouldn't have to change your beliefs just because someone says "OMFGZZZRELIGIONISFUCKEDINTHEHEADCOMEJOINMEANDMYFELLOWHATERSLOLOLOL!!!"

Religion is one way for people to feel good. One of my close friends became a Christian after she was going through a really rough patch in her life, and she's become a better person because of it. Religion and beliefs give people something to believe in. But when others start to bash the religion in question, they're likely to get upset with you because that religion may have done good things for them.

@Connor: You're obviously pretty firm with your atheist stance, but really. Everybody has their own views.

• Like 1

Gerard's post about Agnostics pretty much summed it up for me. I definitely agree, I don't believe that there is an almighty God, but I'm not stupid enough to say I know everything about everything, because I don't.

I've stated this here before: I do have my certain beliefs, but I also have my doubts.

You can't just change somebody's beliefs in a second. Beliefs are one's own opinion, and you shouldn't have to change your beliefs just because someone says "OMFGZZZRELIGIONISFUCKEDINTHEHEADCOMEJOINMEANDMYFELLOWHATERSLOLOLOL!!!"

Religion is one way for people to feel good. One of my close friends became a Christian after she was going through a really rough patch in her life, and she's become a better person because of it. Religion and beliefs give people something to believe in. But when others start to bash the religion in question, they're likely to get upset with you because that religion may have done good things for them.

@Connor: You're obviously pretty firm with your atheist stance, but really. Everybody has their own views.

Yeah, I agree with what you said here, amen to that -_- except for the "OMFGZZZRELIGIONISFUCKEDINTHEHEADCOMEJOINMEANDMYFELLOWHATERSLOLOLOL!!!"

I don't know who says that to someone in an ordinary conversation :P

I think religion's something that people believe to make their life more happier and more confident in dealing with the worst parts of it. I just don't know why some people must turn into a serious fanatic, I mean, it makes things worst for everyone not better. Right?

Although one religion has to be right, and the others pretty much have to be wrong. Maybe they're all partially correct?

I don't believe so much that any of them can even be half right. But as long as their intent and purpose is good, then let it be.

I'm not really religious whatsoever. I never go to church unless I have too and I have never been Christened. But what is everyones views on 21st December 2012? This date is relevant to almost every religion..what are your views?

I think that there's a decently good chance that December 21st 2012 is the day before December 22nd 2012. I also think, that there could be an even higher chance that it's the day AFTER December 20th 2012. But don't quote me on that, I could possibly be wrong.

• 2 months later...

Now we are coming up to Christmas, you see kids who think Jesus helps Santa in his grotto (scary I know). Do you all think Christmas has become too commercial? Should we go back to the religious meaning of Christmas?

I think we need to go back and bring the religious elements of Christmas back, I personally love the nativity story.

Now we are coming up to Christmas, you see kids who think Jesus helps Santa in His grotto (scary I know). Do you all think Christmas has become too commercial? Should we go back to the religious meaning of Christmas?

I think we need to go back and bring the religious elements of Christmas back, I personally love the nativity story.

I wholeheartedly agree on that. I think Niko Bellic was right about things getting too commercial; most people seem to be missing the real point and treat Christmas as if it was just some generic holiday. They also seem to miss the point about what the Lord really did. I really hated the fact that I've seen atheists pissing a typical Christian's day, thinking that his insistence on non-sectarian ways are righteous. I'd say I'll leave my neighbour alone and let them face the consequences, if any.

Now we are coming up to Christmas, you see kids who think Jesus helps Santa in His grotto (scary I know). Do you all think Christmas has become too commercial? Should we go back to the religious meaning of Christmas?

I wholeheartedly agree on that. I think Niko Bellic was right about things getting too commercial; most people seem to be missing the real point and treat Christmas as if it was just some generic holiday. They also seem to miss the point about what the Lord really did. I really hated the fact that I've seen atheists pissing a typical Christian's day, thinking that his insistence on non-sectarian ways are righteous. I'd say I'll leave my neighbour alone and let them face the consequences, if any.

Okay... Why do you keep treating Niko Bellic as if he is a real person?

And for the record, Christmas IS a generic holiday. The Winter Solstice is a celebrated time for a damn lot of religions. Why do Christians always think they are the special and unique ones, and only THEIR holiday takes place in Winter?

Commercialized Christmas is good for the economy. Commercialized Christmas makes all the malls and streets real pretty.

OR

The "real, true" meaning of Christmas that commemorates the birth of a prophet that may or may not have existed that may or may not have been the son of a god that may or may not have existed.

IMO the story of Santa Claus > the story about the birth if JC. Yes, how hip does JC sound.

There are so many religious holidays at this time. A friend of mine got yelled at for saying Happy Holidays to people as she had quite a fewish Jewish people in her class and didn't want to exclude them. This Christian girl yelled at her saying Christmas is the only holiday in December and that she is being disrespectful.

I remember seeing on the news this child was asked what is Christmas? Why do we celebrate? The child said "Christmas is to celebrate Jesus' death. I felt like banging my head on wall. How have these kids not been in a nativity play with a tea towel on their head.

Now we are coming up to Christmas, you see kids who think Jesus helps Santa in his grotto (scary I know). Do you all think Christmas has become too commercial? Should we go back to the religious meaning of Christmas?

I tend to agree with you, but it will never happen.

For much the same reason as Spaz and others below you mentioned. If you make it just a "Christian" holiday again then the economy suffers.

Now I don't agree with the groups that think we should change the name and quote "Take Christ out of Christmas". To me it's going to come down to teaching our children and grandchildren the Christmas story as it relates to Jesus.

Well many schools don't do the Nativity Play anymore as its offensive to other religons apprantly. So many people have the memory of standing on stage with a tea towel on their head trying to remember the lines, while many children have wet themselves or got bored and ran off. I played a sheep.

I just wish it wasn't so commercial, people who put up their lights in November piss me off so much. I think Christmas can be a lovely time and as a child its so magical. I just think children should know the story of the birth of Jesus.

Well many schools don't do the Nativity Play anymore as its offensive to other religons apprantly. So many people have the memory of standing on stage with a tea towel on their head trying to remember the lines, while many children have wet themselves or got bored and ran off. I played a sheep.

Growing up we only ever did the Nativity in Sunday School. Because of the separation of Church and State (which I wholeheartedly agree with) you're not allowed to discuss religion in public schools. In history class we would learn the history of Hanukkah, Christmas, Kwanza, what have you, often with teachers from whatever religion telling it to us.

The over saturation/commercialization of Christmas will never stop. One day we'll be telling our kids (in the US) about this holiday we used to celebrate at the end of November called "Thanksgiving".

I tend to agree with you, but it will never happen.

For much the same reason as Spaz and others below you mentioned. If you make it just a "Christian" holiday again then the economy suffers.

Now I don't agree with the groups that think we should change the name and quote "Take Christ out of Christmas". To me it's going to come down to teaching our children and grandchildren the Christmas story as it relates to Jesus.

Of course we shouldn't change the name, I mean, that's just change for the sake of change. However, a lot of people are saying that "Happy Holidays" is taking Christ out of Christmas. Heh, I tend to just laugh at people like that, though.

It is quite funny that only Christmas is REALLY being commercialized hard. Most other winter celebrations are still spiritual ceremonies. And hell, Christmas isn't even the only one with gifts and decorations, what about Hanukkah? I guess it's probably to do with Christmas being so popular, even among non-Christians.

I just wish it wasn't so commercial, people who put up their lights in November piss me off so much. I think Christmas can be a lovely time and as a child its so magical. I just think children should know the story of the birth of Jesus.

Well, yeah, why should they get to do the Nativity Play, but not a play on any other holiday history? That's a tad unfair.

And double on the lights in November. My mom likes to put hers up about the time she finishes eating Thanksgiving dinner. Ugh. Around here, people are already selling and buying live Christmas trees! REALLY!? They die in like a week!

Growing up we only ever did the Nativity in Sunday School. Because of the separation of Church and State (which I wholeheartedly agree with) you're not allowed to discuss religion in public schools. In history class we would learn the history of Hanukkah, Christmas, Kwanza, what have you, often with teachers from whatever religion telling it to us.

The over saturation/commercialization of Christmas will never stop. One day we'll be telling our kids (in the US) about this holiday we used to celebrate at the end of November called "Thanksgiving".

Heh, we learned the history of Christmas. Then we learned that you play with dradles on Hanukkah, and that black people celebrated Kwanzaa. That's ALL we learned...

Commercialization in ANYTHING is definitely not going away. Quite the opposite. I hate it. I find Thanksgiving ironically humorous, considering what we did and what we're doing to the Natives... But it's still got a good purpose to it. Getting together and being thankful of what and who you've got.

And for the record, Christmas IS a generic holiday. The Winter Solstice is a celebrated time for a damn lot of religions. Why do Christians always think they are the special and unique ones, and only THEIR holiday takes place in Winter?

Why do I keep treating Niko as if he's real? Because he's right about some things in life, that's all. Not all of them, that is, but He's right about things being too commercial.

Well many schools don't do the Nativity Play anymore as its offensive to other religions apparently. So many people have the memory of standing on stage with a tea towel on their head trying to remember the lines, while many children have wet themselves or got bored and ran off. I played a sheep.

Me too, I don't want kids to think too much about the gifts rather than the real subject of Christmas.

Why do I keep treating Niko as if he's real? Because he's right about some things in life, that's all. Not all of them, that is, but He's right about things being too commercial.

Why don't you quote someone who actually exists saying that? Niko has no thoughts, emotions, ideas, etc. He is just a scripted model.