Your Religion / Beliefs

Chris

Yes, I do sometimes question my belief, it's pretty impossible for everyone not to, at least once in their lifetime. But each time I question it, something happens and proves me wrong.

As for the talking snakes and magical rocks, well God's power is way beyound you and I can understand.

I was reading a book about Ancient Punishments and Crime today and I was shocked to see that the Bible states the children who curse at their parents may be put to death. I just found a book thats meant to help teach people about morals and how to be good, could say such a thing.

But you can't rank a list of religions, because you can't believe in multiple religions at the same time.

YOU AREN'T FUCKING LISTENING. First, you can't just not believe in a religion, they exist, can't deny them. However, I'm sure you meant follow, possibly? You don't have to follow religions to rank them. I don't follow Christianity, however, I do rank it about mid-range in the list of religions. Why is this so hard for you to understand? Are you really that dense, child?

Beyond that, you can "believe in" as many fucking religions as you want to. Who the FUCK are you to tell people what they can and cannot believe in? I thought that's what you HATED about Christians?

Then that's not really believing in multiple religions. Thought and ideology is not religion as whole. If i believe in the christian morals and karma, it doesn't make me Christian/Buddhist. I can still be an agnostic.

You don't have to follow every single little belief of a religion to fit in it. Why don't people understand this? THIS IS WHAT CAUSES PROBLEMS.

OMGZ HOLY SHIT YOU DON'T BELIEVE GAY PPL SHOULD BE MURDERED!!! YOU CAN'T BE IN MY RELIGION!!!! AHRAHRAGRARAH YOU THINK WAR IS OKAY IN CERTAIN CASES, UUUU NOT ALOWD N MY RELIGION!!!!

Most of you don't have a proper understanding of what religion is suppose to be.

Beyond that, you can "believe in" as many fucking religions as you want to. Who the FUCK are you to tell people what they can and cannot believe in? I thought that's what you HATED about Christians?

It just doesn't work to believe in multiple religions at once, if you're not believing everything a religion says to believe in then that means you don't belong to that religion.

It's nothing to do with telling people what they can and can't believe, it's just impossible.

Umm dudes... Why the hell are you guys quarreling on what you want people to believe in? So what? I sometimes dislike people who don't believe in Christianity and "you don't see me bitching about it" on forums. Twisted even though you have more power over me yada yada, but you need to shut the hell up. You aren't Spaz's mother. :/

It just doesn't work to believe in multiple religions at once, if you're not believing everything a religion says to believe in then that means you don't belong to that religion.

It's nothing to do with telling people what they can and can't believe, it's just impossible.

You are supporting ignorant beliefs. You do NOT HAVE TO FOLLOW EVERY LITTLE RULE TO BE PART OF A RELIGION. It isn't a club or organization. It's YOUR FUCKING BELIEFS. FUCK PEOPLE. To be a Christian means you believe Jesus Christ to be the savior and Lord. Nothing else. Chestnut's mom has Christian and Pagan beliefs, but she claims Christian. You going to tell her otherwise?

Umm dudes... Why the hell are you guys quarreling on what you want people to believe in? So what? I sometimes dislike people who don't believe in Christianity and "you don't see me bitching about it" on forums. Twisted even though you have more power over me yada yada, but you need to shut the hell up. You aren't Spaz's mother. :/

I just have a slight problem with people spreading ignorant fucking statements.

Yeah, but if it's someone's beliefs, why give it the same name as someone else's beliefs that could be different?

Where does it say that I have more power than you? I don't see it that way. If you think that, then thanks a lot, I feel honoured. :hurrhurr:

But what does me being Spaz's mother have to do with anything?

Edited by Twisted

You are supporting ignorant beliefs. You do NOT HAVE TO FOLLOW EVERY LITTLE RULE TO BE PART OF A RELIGION. It isn't a club or organization. It's YOUR FUCKING BELIEFS. FUCK PEOPLE. To be a Christian means you believe Jesus Christ to be the savior and Lord. Nothing else. Chestnut's mom has Christian and Pagan beliefs, but she claims Christian. You going to tell her otherwise?

I just have a slight problem with people spreading ignorant fucking statements.

Well my "ignorant statements" tried to help.

Yeah, but if it's someone's beliefs, why give it the same name as someone else's beliefs that could be different?

So you think everyone on this planet should have a different name for their religion? Because there are hardly two people who have identical beliefs.

On top of that, if you believe Jesus Christ to be your savior, you're a Christian. That's what you fall under.

You're nit-picking little details. It's the big details that count towards the "name".

By your logic, if you follow certain beliefs from multiple religions, you have no religion?

By your logic, if you follow certain beliefs from multiple religions, you have no religion?

If you follow beliefs from multiple religions, then you belong to your own religion.

dude, I myself is a Christian and I believe in Christian teachings but I still believe in some superstitions in my country, does it means that I'm not a christian because I mixed my belief with other beliefs?

you see, not all people believe in just ONE belief, they can always mix it with their own beliefs because you don't have to rely entirely on a book, you can also formulate your own reason and harmonize it with your religion.

If you follow beliefs from multiple religions, then you belong to your own religion.

"Hell is not a place you go, if you're not a christian

It's the failure of your life's greatest ambition

It's a bad decision to blindly follow any religion"

So to say it's stupid not to have your own personal point of view, and if that point of view interferes with other religion beliefs, that's it. Btw Twisted, do you know the definition of religion? Religion involves more than one person, so you can't have your own religion. If you have your own ideology about the Devine ,it's fine, but it's not a religion.

Edited by Gycu Brun X

How ever many times you say it or wish it to be true, first there was Greece and then Macedonia became a kingdom within Greece. Therefore Macedonia = Greek. It may be its own country now, but you can't just completely ignore your heritage like that considering how much you go on about it. Also, probably Macedonia's greatest individual was Alexander the Great, or Alexander the III of Macedon. Which according to wikipedia "was an ancient Greek King (basileus) of Macedon (336–323 BC)".

You obviously don't know much about Catholicism if you believe that. Firstly, there is but ONE Pope at a time, not Popes. Yes they aren't allowed to marry, because they have devoted their lives to the teaching of God. It's not a matter of, "well, I can't have a wife so I'm going to find a young boy and thrust my Holy manhood into him."

It's Priest's who do this and those who do are in the very vast minority. I can't remember the last time, if any, where I heard an Aussie Priest raping young boys. There may very well be, but I'm saying I can't recall. You usually hear that shit happening in the US or Europe as Slyde said.

I agree that Christmas has become so materialized that so many people nowadays don't even know what the whole meaning behind it is. I bet if I asked some of the kids I coach today at work what Christmas is really about, they would have no idea :P

Actually, there was no Greece 2000 years ago.

There were little kingdoms like Sparta, Illyria, Thrace, Macedonia, Epirus, Achaia they were their own culture.

So, if all those ancient Kingdoms are what you call "Greek", Then so is Ancient Rome, Persia, and everything else that's ancient.

And it has been DNA Proven in Austria that the Macedonians of today are descents of the Ancient Macedonians.

Anyways

Ya know what's funny?

I go to a chatholic school, and in Religious Education, they say that God created the earth. But in Science , they say the big bang created the earth haha lol :lolbounce:

Edited by Undercover

Ya know what's funny?

I go to a chatholic school, and in Religious Education, they say that God created the earth. But in Science , they say the big bang created the earth haha lol :lolbounce:

Well the Science learnt in school is science-based lol They teach you how things work in real world not in the spiritual one.

Btw Twisted, do you know the definition of religion? Religion involves more than one person, so you can't have your own religion. If you have your own ideology about the Devine ,it's fine, but it's not a religion.

But how can you belong to a religion if you don't do everything it says or don't believe everything it says, and if it's gods word, isn't it blastphemous not to follow gods word?

@Slyde: I tried to find a different word ( physical, natural world ) or w/e or at least to put it like this "real".

But how can you belong to a religion if you don't do everything it says or don't believe everything it says, and if it's gods word, isn't it blastphemous not to follow gods word?

Your questions are really good Twisted :yup:

And no. God does not tell me which religion I should be. Each and everyone of us are born into a religion, and if it does not corelate with our ideology we convert to one that is similar to our perspective of divinity, if we don't believe in anything, we're atheists, at least this is the way it should be.

Even Saint Peter(?) said "Believe and not research/seek is wrong", he said it in a longer way, but this is the main idea.

The Bible says I should go to Church, I go very rarely to Church, it's my decision. So what if I don't do it. I don't read the Bible too often, very rarely tbh. I'm simplist, I don't wanna go too deep into religion. My opinion and perspective are enough for me. Am I commiting blasphemy? I don't know.

The Orthodox cult is the centre of my belief, other ideologies are outside the "circle". I take what's good from it and from other cults. I really can't "blindly" follow any religion. If it's blasphemy, I'm sorry, so be it.

Edited by Gycu Brun X

It gets a bit awkward around the "christianity" thing, because that just means you believe that christ was the son of god, I sort of got a bit too focused on that, so anybody who follows the bible, say catholic or protestant, if they don't follow everything the bible says, that means they are blastphemous, because the bible is gods word and if anything else in the bible says otherwise, then it's a contradiction?

Just so everyone knows, I'm not trying to offend anyone, I just don't see how it can work to label yourself "catholic" and stuff when to be a catholic, you'd have to believe everything the bible says amirite, even when a lot of catholics(and other christianity things) don't?

Edited by Twisted

• 2 weeks later...

Like I said, then, by this, everyone has their own religion, for I doubt any two people believe the EXACT same thing.

Btw Twisted, do you know the definition of religion? Religion involves more than one person, so you can't have your own religion. If you have your own ideology about the Devine ,it's fine, but it's not a religion.

THAT is dependant on the religion, and whether you believe that to be true or not. It's 100% about your personal beliefs.