Your Religion / Beliefs

Chris

That's not necessarily true, Christians do not believe that you "must go to church or you'll go to hell". Church for Christians is mainly a place for fellowship/repentance/etc...depending on the denomination.
yeah, chris82 is right. Church can't save you from hell... it is about hearing the church teachings not about being totally saved from hell, you're the only one who can help you to be saved.

Yep, you're both right... You'll be saved unless if you screw up or something...

I think if there was a God...God would want people to enjoy their lives, free to worship God as much as they like, but just being a nice person will get you into heaven...Doesn't seem fair that people have to prove themselves to their God, something that Muslim EXTREMISTS(before someone says I'm being offensive) take too far.

Agnostic.

I believe in other shit but I hate religion cause it's man made and causes so many problems.

But I have little beliefs here and there.

I'm not gonna devote my life to some religion. There are so many religions claiming to be the right one.

I believe you don't have to be a certain religion to go to "heaven".

I'd just rather live a good honest life.

EDIT: That's exactly what Connor said lol :)

Edited by guilty.by.association

I have a question for the Hindus.....I am told by my friend (she is Sikh) that Hindus are basically supposed to be "pure" (no cheating, very religious, no smoking, etc). Is this true?

I ask this because there are some Hindu girls at work who sleep around with their managers. I think both girls are utterly disgusting (both are married, by the way) and I hope they get what's coming to them (AIDS, hopefully).

If what my friend said is right, why would people of this faith resort to doing everything they aren't supposed to? I mean, I know everyone does bad things, regardless of their religion, but I always thought Hindus were a lot more serious about their religion and had hella deep faith.

I think that those girls who sleep with their managers aren't that religious. Come to think of it, they probably have had a bad family history. I'm also thinking that the reason why their cheating is probably because they have an arranged marriage. Usually, arranged marriage sucks and sometimes, girls in the family would get forced to marry. So it's probably because of that. In a way, arranged marriage is good, that is if you are looking to get married to anyone, but it can suck as well considering you can get forced into doing it.

I'm not much of a religious Hindu, I'm not pure either, but it seems that some people don't take the right approach sometimes, even if they believe it's going the right way. My dad knows a few friends who smoke, and are religious. But from what I see, many of them probably will quit once they get older, I don't know why, but it shows that they want to end all of the stuff which is at some point, something they want to do before they die.

So to answer your question, No, it's not true. Some are pure, some aren't.

Yeah as what TM said.

The current generation(here) faces the dissatisfaction via Arranged Marriage.

Arranged marriage is something where your parents decide whom you marry.Mostly its via relatives who do all the setup and shit.The girl is of your caste(lol).Even today at many places it is strictly followed. Although in 90% of cases it always worked out(coz the boy and girl do get to know each other before they decide).Best example my mum and dad.Married for 21+ years.

The current gen. has a craze for love marriage.No harm but they tend to be decisive very fast and thus end up screwed.

My parents arent quite strict about in.Infact most of my paternal family isnt.Most of my cousins do opt to marry the girl of their choice.

@YellowJacket: i dont know why would they do so :P

But yeah.We are kinda too deap in religion.

• 3 weeks later...

Well a lot of meat eaters eat meat everyday or twice a day, that is what I did, but I still managed to give it all up.

To keep on topic with religion beliefs: I am a christian and that is all, i dont belong to a sub religion like catholic or church of england or jahova witness - i always tell people i'm just a christian which is quite true.