Evolution

Pandora

Dinosaurs still live among us today. Birds are their closet relatives to date. Now dinosaurs werent good at adapting, theyr couldnt cope with any change in their enviroment. Otherwise they would have survived, as the meteriote theory wasnt the only thing that happened to the earth at the time.

Now anything that the meteorite hit was killed, but climate was changing aswell. Now dinosaurs couldnt adapt while mammals were adapting to the new enviroment and climate. Some dinosaurs evolved. They evolved into birds.

Dinosaurs still live among us today. Birds are their closet relatives to date. Now dinosaurs werent good at adapting, theyr couldnt cope with any change in their enviroment. Otherwise they would have survived, as the meteriote theory wasnt the only thing that happened to the earth at the time.

Now anything that the meteorite hit was killed, but climate was changing aswell. Now dinosaurs couldnt adapt while mammals were adapting to the new enviroment and climate. Some dinosaurs evolved. They evolved into birds.

Yeh I agree I have eard this theory form somewhere else aswell. PLus the meteriote wouldve have really had a bad effect on the whole world because it was really big.

If I'm right after the meteor it was 10 days dark so lot's of animals died. But dino's had warm blood so I don't think they got effected by those 10 days but addaption must have been the problem. They think Dino's actually had feathers like birds, intresting.

Dinosaurs had feathers? Weird. Do you mean like T-Rex and stuff?

If I'm right after the meteor it was 10 days dark so lot's of animals died. But dino's had warm blood so I don't think they got effected by those 10 days but addaption must have been the problem. They think Dino's actually had feathers like birds, intresting.

Dinosaurs had feathers? Weird. Do you mean like T-Rex and stuff?

Only very species did, there was a dinosaur that was found it was said to be the missing link between dinosaurs and birds. I think Dinosaurs were cold blooded as most reptile creatures are. That would mean the ten days of darkness would affect them. But remember during the time of darkness plants died, so that means animals and dinosaurs starved to death. The darkness was due to the volcano.

It wasnt the darkness that killed them it was the effect the darkness had on the enviroment that did it. Plants need light survive, without it thye die, that means herbivores die as they have no source of food. So they die, then that means that the carnivors die as they have no food either.

• 2 months later...

Actually quite a range of therapod dinosaurs seem to have had feathers, including relatives of tyrannosaurs. Also you will find the extinction of dinosaurs was more complicated than 'an asteroid killed em all'. The fossil record shows the number of dinosaur species decreased dramatically before their diappearance. This drop in biodiversity can cause instability in ecosystems and cause extinctions. And there was the supervolcano that left the Deccan Traps in india... shitloads of lava basically. The asteroid probably was the nail in the coffin. Oh and i know this because im doing an evolutionary biology course at uni ;)

Edited by Catcher

Yes Dinosaurs still exsist today such as Frogs and Turtles.

You had better be kidding with that statement

Turtles evolved before the dinosaurs and are distantly related. Frogs evolved after the first dinosaurs in the Jurassic AND are amphibians...see the difference?

But yes they do exist in the form of birds today

Edited by Catcher

Well right now the ''evolution theory'' is the main scientific theory , which explains how humans and life itself were created. But when i was in school ,even my biology teacher said to me that more and more proof is occurring that are against it.

I thought there was always like a scientific theory and a different theory un scientific though. Like religious or something.

Well right now the ''evolution theory'' is the main scientific theory , which explains how humans and life itself were created. But when i was in school ,even my biology teacher said to me that more and more proof is occurring that are against it.

I thought there was always like a scientific theory and a different theory un scientific though. Like religious or something.

Yep, evolutionary theory is pretty much universally accepted by scientists today. The different theory is 'creationism' which holds that the world was created as is described in genesis in the bible - you know...everything suddenly appeared out of nowhere about 6000 years ago :rolleyes: . This was what was commonly believed before Darwin. There are still some conservatives, especially in the US who like to push the idea for some reason, despite 150 years worth of evidence to the contrary. The fact we have observed evolution with our own eyes kinda says something as to the accuracy of evolutionary theory. Not to mention there are hundreds of creation stories from many cultures... which one of them is supposed to the RIGHT one? ;)

Which we are, in effect.

Some dinosaurs evolved. They evolved into birds.

While that is true you might also point to the most obvious living descendents of dinosaurs, (and I don't mean my neighbours,) which happens to be crocodiles and alligators.