Should I Buy a 360?

Gerard

Should I buy...  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Should I buy an xbox 360?

• Yes, Buy a 360
    • No, wait for PS3
    • No, just get PC ugrades

I have about £300 ($600) to spend on something for myself. I was considering a new phone (k800i), a PSP, some PC upgrades or an xbox 360.

Most people I have spoken to say get a 360. Problem is my home TV is pretty crap, so I wouldn't experience the best gameplay. The other thing is my home PC is pretty crap too, so I have never played games as good as on the 360. It would also cost maybe £1000 to upgrade my PC to reach the specs of the 360.

The PS3 comes out in a couple of months in the UK, weighing in at a couple of hundred more (if you include games). The PS3 has superior performance, but with my crap TV I doubt I'll notice.

Advice needed.

G.

Played a 360 (brother owns 1) and a P$3 (mate imported 1, but he's loaded) Ther 360 was the same as playing on my PC, but the P$3....WHOA! It has the wow factor more than any other console. Wii's are preety good (on the way up, i must say) played tennis at my local game shoppe.

So P$3.,, even thought the price tag is huge

I would get the computer upgrades, like get a XP pack with Vista ready and RAM and other shit like that, X360s are good but what people can do with Computers are even better.

Vista is released in 8 days, would be stupid to buy it now...

I'd say buy a 360. Second choice is those PC upgrades.

I would say wait for a ps3, you may not have a good t.v. but it's not all just about having the best graphics's there is tons of other stuff on the ps3 which you can't do on the Xbox 360.

There will be tons of stuff for the 360 what you can't get for the ps3... :mellow:

And maybe pc upgrades would be best, I mean. Pc pwns both of them, so long it just got good specs.

I would say wait for a ps3, you may not have a good t.v. but it's not all just about having the best graphics's there is tons of other stuff on the ps3 which you can't do on the Xbox 360.

There will be tons of stuff for the 360 what you can't get for the ps3... :mellow:

And maybe pc upgrades would be best, I mean. Pc pwns both of them, so long it just got good specs.

Jace could you name a few. Plus resistace is going to be a launch title in the uk o it will be good and I have read teh reeviews it is a good game.

Thanks for all your replies (and votes).

I should point out that a 360 costs £319 ($640) and I have only a little bit more than that at the moment. I should be earning a fair bit soon though, but slowly.

What I'm saying is that I can only afford one of the above list now. If I bought a 360, it would be weeks or months before I would be able to even think about buying anything else.

I've decided that I'm going to spend £140 ($300) on a new monitor to replace my ancient 14" CRT. Going for a nice 17" LG, which should be great. After that, I'm probably going to go for a new graphics card and then a bit more RAM.

I'm trying to get an Xbox 360 from Microsoft (free) to review for my site, and to review games and accessories for. That would be the ideal scenario. If not, I might still buy one in a few months, but bear in mind I'll be able to use Chris' at uni in about 8 months...