Sign in to follow this  
adzpsp

Sa online.

I just got a new graphics card allowing me to play GTA sa at high settings.

Is there many people who play Sa online?

and what is the best thing to get to enable me to play online?

Thanks!

I managed to get my controler working, with out that what you said above... and its worrying lol

I got online with it... i think... why is there no weapons or cars? I could hear gun fire.

Isn't there some code you use in the comand thing when you press ¬

How do i connect to servers? :S

In SA-MP or MTA-SA?

In SA-MP you just double click the server. I'm guessing it would be the same for MTA-SA too. Since Chris said they are pretty identical.

This is what i do.

The SAMP short cut always crashes my PC. So, i go to c:/Program files>Rockstar games> GTA sa> SAMP debug

I run that and GTA SA multiplayer comes up, then i start off in vine wood, no weapons, cars or anything.

I remember a GTA sa multiplayer i had before, every time you entered a game it would show the player on the side and a help section.

This is what i do.

The SAMP short cut always crashes my PC. So, i go to c:/Program files>Rockstar games> GTA sa> SAMP debug

I run that and GTA SA multiplayer comes up, then i start off in vine wood, no weapons, cars or anything.

Well no wonder if you're running it in debug mode, of course nothings going to show up since it's designed so you can find problems. You need to run the actual SA-MP program not the debug mode.

If the short cut to it is crashing your PC then you must have modded something in SA for it not to work or something. Or you have v2 of San Andreas, I'm not sure if SA-MP works with v2 does it?

Well if you have a legitimate copy of the game installed with no other modifications other then SA-MP it should work fine.

EDIT:

This is what i do.

Well no wonder if you're running it in debug mode, of course nothings going to show up since it's designed so you can find problems. You need to run the actual SA-MP program not the debug mode.

If the short cut to it is crashing your PC then you must have modded something in SA for it not to work or something. Or you have v2 of San Andreas, I'm not sure if SA-MP works with v2 does it?

The game will start if you have v2.0, but it won't connect to the server, or the game will crash during loading. Unless you have a version 1.0 exe on your v2.0 game, I don't think downgrading works either, wouldn't know though. I own both v1.0 and 2.0, so I was fine either way.

I have a cracked version my dads mate gave to me.

I had SAMP working on it before, i'm sure im on v1

Anyway, i've downloaded somthing that is suposed to fix the problem, so, if i dont post bk in 20 mins its fine :D

Thx for ur help :D

If you have a cracked version, or an illegal version, no more help will be given.

Not true, I bought the game but I have to use a cracked exe because whenever I put the dvd in the drive and try to start the game with the stock exe, my cursor changes to a spinning cd and I get an error message within five minutes.

If you have a cracked version, or an illegal version, no more help will be given.

Not true, I bought the game but I have to use a cracked exe because whenever I put the dvd in the drive and try to start the game with the stock exe, my cursor changes to a spinning cd and I get an error message within five minutes.

Eh? So your saying if someone has an illegal version of a GTA game we should still help them out? Sorry, but I completely disagree.