Gabe Newell thinks PS3 is a total disaster

Stojko

Its not a disaster, despite what anyone says, including him. I personally can't wait for some of the superb games coming out for it over the next year or so. I don't think it will disappoint.

I was going to comment this, but after reading the rest of your posts, you're clearly a fanboy, or misinformed. Both are about the same, really.

Maybe a phrased it wrong but it would probably be easier for him to create crappy games on a 9GB limit rathre than a 45GB limit.

Hey dude, you just pulled a figure out of your ass. Blu-ray disks are 25GB. According to SONY'S OFFICIAL SITE, BTW. And like already said, no game needs anywhere NEAR that.

No it isn't shit. Get your facts right before pre-judging a console. In the UK, in christmas 07, it'll be the biggest and best next-gen console.

Hey genius, in America, we have the PS3((and don't forget about Japan)). We've played it. We know what it's like. You want to know what it's like? The Xbox 360. I played them both. Besides a controller difference, they play pretty well THE SAME. You, on the other hand, have probably never played a 360, so I'd be willing to bet you're entirely pulling your assumptions and comparisons.... Out of your ass....

We'l see about that... I highly doubt it. It lacks something the 360 does have.

It is funny you say this becase I read the Daily Telegraph about 2 weeks after Christmas and they said most people were waiting for the PS3 to launch in the UK rather than getting any other goods. They said it was the most sough after electronical product though they did say that the Wii sold quite a lot in England they said the 360 figures have declined.

Anyway can someone tell me how the hell the 360 is better than the PS3. To me I think that the PS2 is the same as the 360. 360 doesn't ahve a 'X' or 'WOW' factor like the Wii has with its controller and the PS3 with its 45GB memory on the blu ray disc and also the SIXAXIS controller.

PS2 same as 360? Not quite, buddy.... Not quite.....

No wow factor to the 360? There is no wow to the PS3, either! And I've played the console. Again. I've played the console. I'm not pre-judging. BOTH OF THESE SYSTEMS are simply upgraded versions of the consoles before them. Nothing. More. No "WOW" factor.

And AGAIN you pull out with that FALSE NUMBER. It isn't 45GB.... And you actually ate up that six-axis controller shit? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Do you know what six-axis is? Kirby Tilt N Tumble for the GBA....... That's like TEN YEAR OLD technology that Sony are boasting about in their "Super console". Huh. That's a little funny to me.

not really if you can afford it everyone would go for the PS3 but if you are not quite so rich you would go for the 360 or the Wii. You still haven't said what is good aobut the 360.

If I can afford the Wii, I can wait a few weeks and afford the PS3. Thing is, I don't want to. Why? Because the Wii is way more worth the money.

Well I think the PS3 is way better than the 360 but still no one has answered my question and I don't think they will, WHAT IS THE 'WOW' FACTOR OF THE 360

THE SAME THING THAT "WOWS" THE PS3................ NOTHING!!!

My dad could easely buy a DB9. But it's just not sensible. And dude, I prefer a Wii to the PS3. Even if they where for the same price.

Ditto. Way cooler console.

wait a year or 2 and see what stage the ps3 is at, it can only get better. I was getting my point across, because you seemed to say it isn't worth the money and is 'just an xbox 360 with some extras tagged on', when it very clearly isn't. The games will come, don't you worry about that.

Again, dude, you've never played the PS3 and I doubt you've played a 360. I've played both. They were both fun. Fun as in, they seemed like everyday gaming. They are just new consoles. They aren't anything special. They don't add anything unique to the gaming world, and this in undeniable. They offer gameplay, on consoles, plugged into a tv, with a controller((controllers VERY similar to the ones of last-gen, at that. Go figure)). Why is the Wii different? Because it is physically interactive. It lets me actually aim my gun. It allows me to swing my sword at my enemies. I can even chop and prepare food, work on people's teeth, become a surgeon, go fishing, play the original Mario games((not to mention every other old skool Ninty game out there)), and have massive group orgies with our WiiMotes >.>

<.<

>.>

No one saw that last one............. o.o

I am going to have to check the blu ray thing but I am sure it is upto 45 GB anyway you said that the PS3 has no 'WOW' factor well what about the SIXAXIS controller, you said it was crap but that is just your opinion. I think many people will like it and BTW you dont count as everyone. Plus bossman Sony do have balls they put an untried piece of technology out on the market to sell so they have balls and bigger ones than Microsoft.

And whoever said that I won't pay £425 for s PS3, well I wouldn't but I am getting it cheapre on a discount for about $325 so I would say I am lucky.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What untried piece of technology? You mean Gameboy technology..

And the six axis does suck. It's extreemly irritating in use and a waste. The rumble feature was FAR better..

Well blu ray is an untried piece of technology that is what I meant,

Plus if you think that the SIXAXIS is crap then that is your opinion, All I said was that I thought that most people would like it because it is something new and innotive. And Jace dont be surprised if they make a new controller with both the motion sensing in and the rumble feature. I read it on IGN that they could do this.

What untried piece of technology? You mean Gameboy technology..

And the six axis does suck. It's extreemly irritating in use and a waste. The rumble feature was FAR better..

I am disappointed with the lack of vibration but c'est la vie. I can't see just moving the controller without pressing any buttons being fun, for example virtua tennis 3. I won't use it anyway, so it'll feel like a broken controller...

Well, I have mixed feelings about Sony right now, more on that later, @Spaz, I've played an xbox, but not an xbox 360, unfortunately. I saw someone playing pro evo on it in woolworths, but he spent at least 2 f***ing hours on it, meaning I couldn't play it... I don't mind the Wii, I actually might get one seeing as it might be fun for family get-togethers and is reasonably priced. I can't see myself getting an xbox 360, mainly because of the controller which I've always hated (I used the original brick controller and it threw me off forever.) The PS3 I do want but it's a lot of f***!ng money to spend, especially because I don't have a full-time job. As for the comparisons between next gen and current (well, last) gen, I haven't been blown away TBH. The only things I like the look of were Lost planet, metal gear solid 4, gta 4 and next gen pro evo. The PS3 game trailers that I have seen didn't do it for me, they looked quite average. I hope the wait for ps3 will be worth it, otherwise I'll trade it in for a Wii.

ATM, I'm slightly worried about PS3. It'll be a year or so before the most-hyped games come out, and the xbox has a mountainous lead over it. Sony has left it too late IMO.

Edited by the bossman

I am going to have to check the blu ray thing but I am sure it is upto 45 GB anyway you said that the PS3 has no 'WOW' factor well what about the SIXAXIS controller, you said it was crap but that is just your opinion. I think many people will like it and BTW you dont count as everyone. Plus bossman Sony do have balls they put an untried piece of technology out on the market to sell so they have balls and bigger ones than Microsoft.

Um, dude, there is nothing "wow" about a sixaxis controller that will get almost no use, as most people weren't programming for the controller. Untried peice of technology? No. Sorry. A new optical format isn't "untried". It's just an improved form of an already in-use piece of technology. Nintendo are the only ones with balls here.

Plus if you think that the SIXAXIS is crap then that is your opinion, All I said was that I thought that most people would like it because it is something new and innotive. And Jace dont be surprised if they make a new controller with both the motion sensing in and the rumble feature. I read it on IGN that they could do this.

Not really. Yes, it's new technology, but it's STILL just an improved optical drive, which means they aren't really risking anything by using it((except, of course, their f***ING PROFIT....)). New and innovative? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Do Sony Fan-boys REALLY think this about the sixaxis controller? IT'S TECHNOLOGY THAT WAS IN THE GAME BOY ADVANCE, DUDE.... IT ISN'T NEW. IT ISN'T INNOVATIVE. It's just an attempt to not look TOO bad next to the Wii, only problem is, it made them look worse((y'know, since it's a lame attempt at copying/outdoing)).

Well it just shows again that Sony have bigger balls than Microsoft and have put more advanced technology.

There is a big difference between "having balls" and "being an idiot". Microsoft were being SMART in their decision, if they can upgrade the drive. That means as optical drives advance, they can just allow you to buy a new drive for your system, and not a new system all-together. Microsoft KNOWS there is no need for HUGE optical storage yet, so why waste money on it? Sony put an expensive, half-unusable format in their system, ran by a processor that is also expensive. This, of course, makes production costs through the roof. So they must sell it to us at a high price. BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE. This high price is STILL not enough for profit, so they're LOSING profit on the few consoles that people have enough money for. Can you say STUPID?

Um, dude, there is nothing "wow" about a sixaxis controller that will get almost no use, as most people weren't programming for the controller. Untried peice of technology? No. Sorry. A new optical format isn't "untried". It's just an improved form of an already in-use piece of technology. Nintendo are the only ones with balls here.

Not really. Yes, it's new technology, but it's STILL just an improved optical drive, which means they aren't really risking anything by using it((except, of course, their f***ING PROFIT....)). New and innovative? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Do Sony Fan-boys REALLY think this about the sixaxis controller? IT'S TECHNOLOGY THAT WAS IN THE GAME BOY ADVANCE, DUDE.... IT ISN'T NEW. IT ISN'T INNOVATIVE. It's just an attempt to not look TOO bad next to the Wii, only problem is, it made them look worse((y'know, since it's a lame attempt at copying/outdoing)).

Well it just shows again that Sony have bigger balls than Microsoft and have put more advanced technology.

There is a big difference between "having balls" and "being an idiot". Microsoft were being SMART in their decision, if they can upgrade the drive. That means as optical drives advance, they can just allow you to buy a new drive for your system, and not a new system all-together. Microsoft KNOWS there is no need for HUGE optical storage yet, so why waste money on it? Sony put an expensive, half-unusable format in their system, ran by a processor that is also expensive. This, of course, makes production costs through the roof. So they must sell it to us at a high price. BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE. This high price is STILL not enough for profit, so they're LOSING profit on the few consoles that people have enough money for. Can you say STUPID?

Well most of your points seem irrelevant and mostly opinions and no facts. First of all how do you know people in England won't like SIXAXIS controller. You don't so dont think they won't like it they might do. Your opinion is that the SIXAXIS is crap but it is just that an opinion. Second of all many games which are very popular do use small disc space, I will admit that. But for better gmes you need more disc space and Sony provides this with a lot more GB. A game called Resistance:Fall of man holds 16 GB and thats why most next gen games will need more disc space. And with your point that the PS3 don't have balls and somehow Microsoft made a 'clever' desicion is just stupid. Microsoft took the easy route and put already tries technology so it doesn't fail. However I do agree with you that the Wii has balls with its motion sensing controller, but so does the PS3 to put a totally untries technology, yes untries (blue ray hasn't been in game consoles before) so this shows they have more balls, Whether it will work or not is a different question time will tell.

There f***ing Blu-ray shit doesn't mean they have balls. They took the irrisenible route with stuff you don't need. And that stupid Sixaxis thing isn't anything special thing either.

If I look at what you said the N64 has great just because of the way data got stoared and not because it finally has stuff in 3D. Untill now it has always been Nintendo who actually came up with something new.

Sure the ps3 is a great system, but just nothing special. Just some abnormal processor and a bigger capacity.

There f***ing Blu-ray shit doesn't mean they have balls. They took the irrisenible route with stuff you don't need. And that stupid Sixaxis thing isn't anything special thing either.

If I look at what you said the N64 has great just because of the way data got stoared and not because it finally has stuff in 3D. Untill now it has always been Nintendo who actually came up with something new.

Sure the ps3 is a great system, but just nothing special. Just some abnormal processor and a bigger capacity.

Calm down I don't want you to use bad language. I am debating not arguing.

Anyway same opinion as Spaz even though you haven't even played on the PS3, you say the SIXAXIS is crap, don't judge a book by its cover. Plus blu ray is new technology since it hasn't been used in a game console before.

Infact, game experts them selve here have used the Sixaxis thing to and say it just doesn't work at all. It's really not a practical thing for the console. Now we follow what you said: psp is a revo cause of that UMD thing. No it isn't a revo at all.

Will the fact that the ps3 uses a Blu-ray optical drive change the way we game at all? Nope.

Well most of your points seem irrelevant and mostly opinions and no facts. First of all how do you know people in England won't like SIXAXIS controller. You don't so dont think they won't like it they might do. Your opinion is that the SIXAXIS is crap but it is just that an opinion. Second of all many games which are very popular do use small disc space, I will admit that. But for better gmes you need more disc space and Sony provides this with a lot more GB. A game called Resistance:Fall of man holds 16 GB and thats why most next gen games will need more disc space. And with your point that the PS3 don't have balls and somehow Microsoft made a 'clever' desicion is just stupid. Microsoft took the easy route and put already tries technology so it doesn't fail. However I do agree with you that the Wii has balls with its motion sensing controller, but so does the PS3 to put a totally untries technology, yes untries (blue ray hasn't been in game consoles before) so this shows they have more balls, Whether it will work or not is a different question time will tell.

My points aren't irrelevant and they aren't opinions. READ MY GOD DAMN POSTS. I never said ANYONE would dislike the sixaxis. I said that it isn't new and innovative, BECAUSE IT ISN'T. It is REALLY OLD TECHNOLOGY. It was USE IN THE GAME BOY ADVANCE. Y'know, that Nintendo handheld? NINTENDO are the innovators in the gaming industry. ANYTHING really cool feature in a game console, was first used in a Nintendo system. Analog, motion sensors((both tilt-based and sensor-based)), touch pads, etc. If you want to put OLD technology that was ALREADY USED BEFORE in a NEW system and call it "INNOVATIVE", you're an IDIOT.

Look, you aren't listening. Sony put in a format that they don't even know will take off or not. A format that probably won't be used to it's limits, or anywhere near. Microsoft's drives are upgradeable.... Which means if need be, they can release a new drive and you can UPGRADE your console. You can't upgrade ANYTHING in the PS3. At all. And if you get the lower-priced one, you're screwed out of things you CANNOT PUT ON YOUR PS3.

Again, dude, Blu-ray is JUST ANOTHER OPTICAL FORMAT.... It isn't innovative. It's the same f***ing thing, with more space on it. That's all. It's like saying that a company that makes a really big hard drive is innovative because that size of a hard drive hasn't been used yet.

Another thing, a triple-layer DVD currently in Taiwan can hold 15GBs. That's plenty. And supposedly a professor in Harvard is developing a 50TB protein-coated DVD. Which, I assume, works in regular DVD players. TEH OMGZ!!?? The 360 can play standard DVDs!?!?/ Wow. Amazing.

Anyway same opinion as Spaz even though you haven't even played on the PS3, you say the SIXAXIS is crap, don't judge a book by its cover. Plus blu ray is new technology since it hasn't been used in a game console before.

I HAVE played it, though. And LOOK AT THE FACTS. It's out-dated technology that WASN'T ANNOUNCED until Nintendo announced their motion-sensing. It was a LAME attempt to make their console look better next to the Wii. And SHUT THE f*** UP about Blu-ray already. The entire PS3 system is new things that weren't used in past systems. SO IS THE 360's. By your logic, the fact that the 360 is using a processor that wasn't used before, it's magically a innovative system? OH MAN, that is some great logic. :rolleyes:

If you want to put OLD technology that was ALREADY USED BEFORE in a NEW system and call it "INNOVATIVE", you're an IDIOT.

I looked at the ps3's site. Sony claims that it is something new and inovative and will change the maner we game. Infact, they were saying all things about the ps3 that is innovative that the Wii has to. And I think the 360 is better then the ps3 for entertainment stuff cause it is connected to the media center of Vista what's really cool if you have Vista.

Six-axis, if that isn't the most retarded thing I've ever heard of. Listen, the motion-sensing thing works with the Wii because Nintendo has games that use motion sensing well. PS3 games that use six-axis are just useless. It's Sony's excuse as to why their controllers don't have rumble, which all of us would rather have other than "six-axis".

As for Blu-ray, do you really need 45GB or whatever Blu-ray's capacity has for a game? If you have a lot of ideas, why don't you put them in a sequel? 9GB is plenty enough for a damn game, and if you don't think it is, I think you'd better prioritize which is more important: gameplay or having real full-length tv shows on screens that you'll only see for six seconds?

Gameplay... :mellow:

And I'v got a friend who has a ps3. He says it totally sucks. He play's his Wii far more. And he also thinks the Motion Sensing is some retarted thing that just doesn't work.

Well first of all I am not going to argue anymore about whch system is better because as far as Im concerned it is the PS3.

Anyway Spaz and Jace and TEC you said that the SIXAXIS is crap, OK thats what you think. Anyway a company has already put the rumble feature with the motion sensor into the controller. So that woudl make it better.

Sixaxis was a LAST MINUTE THING. It was an attempt to compete..... Miserably......

FAIL, SONY. FAIL.

DAMMIT DUDE, YOU ARE NOT LISTENING. YOU AREN'T LISTENING TO WHY IT'S CRAP. IT'S OLD TECHNOLOGY. And the "it sucks" is coming from PEOPLE WHO'VE PLAYED THE SYSTEM. YOU HEAR THAT? PEOPLE WHO PLAYED IT AND KNOW IT SUCKS! Dammit dude. Will you LISTEN? It ISN'T INNOVATION. I don't care how much you masturbate over the PS3 or how many orgasms it has given you, my point is they HAVE NOT DONE ANYTHING INNOVATIVE.

Sixaxis was a LAST MINUTE THING. It was an attempt to compete..... Miserably......

FAIL, SONY. FAIL.

DAMMIT DUDE, YOU ARE NOT LISTENING. YOU AREN'T LISTENING TO WHY IT'S CRAP. IT'S OLD TECHNOLOGY. And the "it sucks" is coming from PEOPLE WHO'VE PLAYED THE SYSTEM. YOU HEAR THAT? PEOPLE WHO PLAYED IT AND KNOW IT SUCKS! Dammit dude. Will you LISTEN? It ISN'T INNOVATION. I don't care how much you masturbate over the PS3 or how many orgasms it has given you, my point is they HAVE NOT DONE ANYTHING INNOVATIVE.

You are now just being rude and rather pathetic saying I masturbate over the PS3.

And you, ARE STILL AVOIDING MY POINT. Can't accept the fact that the PS3 isn't GOD?

Spaz you are being very childish and I am not getting excited over the PS3 all I merely said iss that i thought it was the best next gen console, for some reason you cann't accept my opinion and you say that I masterbate over the ps3 which is very childish.