PS3 Euro Launch Confirmed!

Chris

PS3 UK/EUROPEAN LAUNCH CONFIRMED FOR MARCH 23 2007

It's going to cost £425 including VAT :: Conversions based on the price which is £361.70 before VAT (17.5%), mean it is approximately €549 or $712 US Dollars! Remember these are pre-tax figures though, so the actual price you pay is a lot more than that.

This is for the 60GB model

20GB will come later in the year, depending on how much it is demanded

March 23rd is the day we will first be able to get the console in our hands

Full Press release with ALL the important details can be found at ThreeSpeech - http://threespeech.com/blog/?p=264

A shorter summary can be found at SPOnG - http://news.spong.com/article/11593

----------------------------

So yeah apart from the fact we are utterly ripped off in the UK, it's quite exciting news. Price is the only downside it seems. I guess it's only a concern for those of you who are less well off though ;)

I'm not going to be getting one straight away, but maybe after the summer or something, I really want GTAIV for the PS3, since the PS3 version will play much better than the 360 version, or at least should do theoretically - keep your eyes peeled for an article I will be writing later on in the year detailing the differences between the PS3 and the 360 versions - It will help those of us who have both consoles make a well informed decision of which version to buy ;)

Your thoughts and comments on the announcement?

Finally. I thought I would never hear what date it would come out on, this is brilliant news. The price tag is a downer but I can't wait until I can afford one, I could of got a xbox360 by now (I was asked if I wanted it for Christmas!) but I said no.

So that's in less than 2 months, I have to save hard!

Edited by ŠHẩĐõŴ

Load of people DO call them selves Sony homeboys. So I don't think there's anything wrong with saying it, since I am refering to those people..

Really? where? I've NEVER seen anyone refer to themselves or others like that. Unless they are actually black then it would make some sense I guess.

I'm certainly not a fanboy of any kind. I HATE having conversations with fanboys about their chosen product to be a die-hard fan of.

I myself have a console from Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo in front of me. I also have a PC running Windows XP and will soon have a Macbook Pro running OS X. So yeah, I choose products because I like them and because I think they're good, not because I'm loyal to a single company :)

I don't even think PS3 prices will drop before Christmas, so I was thinking I actually may as well get one straight away. I'm still not sure yet though.

^ Its about £279.99 everywhere I look, so it doesn't look like theres been a decrease.

I dont think I'll get one (PS3) until christmas 07. If I'm lucky (and I MEAN lucky) I might get it for my birthday in march, although I might watch a football (or soccer if youre a yank) game in the premiership.

I'm happy they confirmed the date and everything, but what if they slip up AGAIN? I won't be happy until I can see one on the shelves in a videogame shop.

^ Its about £279.99 everywhere I look, so it doesn't look like theres been a decrease.

I dont think I'll get one (PS3) until christmas 07. If I'm lucky (and I MEAN lucky) I might get it for my birthday in march, although I might watch a football (or soccer if youre a yank) game in the premiership.

I'm happy they confirmed the date and everything, but what if they slip up AGAIN? I won't be happy until I can see one on the shelves in a videogame shop.

Well the price is pretty misleading if you ask me, I know a manager of Toys r Us and he said is would be retailing for £350 but I am getting it for $300 because my brother knows him, but if its £425 like Chris said, I would have to pay about £380 for it. Anyway what premiership game are you going to watch in March. Im a Manchester United season ticket holder and I usually travel away sometimes and I have a ticket for the Man Utd v Chelsea game at Stamford Bridge.

^ It'll probably be against Bolton. Ironically, my first premiership match (if I go to the Man u one, it'll be my second) was Chelsea against Bolton, Chelsea won 1-0. I went because the tickets were free, so I was a neutral that day (the 2002/03 season). Tickets for man u chelsea will be extremely hard to get, especially if youre not a season ticket holder (like me, I'm just a oneunited member)